Primary Interest:
Other
[QUOTE

10 conspirators:

4 hanged by the federal government
4 imprisoned
1 shot
1 escaped- John Surratt was found at the Vatican[/QUOTE]

This was all very accurate except for this part I disagree with you on.

15 conspirators:

4 hanged by the federal government
4 imprisoned
1 escaped to Texas
1 escaped- John Surratt was found at the Vatican
1 Benjamin Ficklin who most likely superintended the assassins was placed in custody at the Kirkwood the day after Lincoln was shot but he was freed after being held for more than two months until the others were hung. No charges were placed on him the whole time because Stanton did not want to set bail on him and lacked the evidence to convict Ficklin.
3 more men were in a cotton deal with Ficklin, Jefferson Davis, Singleton, and Orville Browning hounding President Abe Lincoln whom they killed for his repeated failure to sign a cotton permit for the multimillion dollar cotton deal that would make them all rich and above all it would allow Jefferson Davis to sell the South's cotton to the North without taking the pledge of allegiance and save the rebellion.
1 gathered and transported across country a large amount of funds to New York City in the Fall of 1864.

and I feel that this list is still incomplete.

Just my two cents,Great post. L.C. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets see if I can get this right The private journal and diary of John H. Surratt, the conspirator this is the private journal of John H. Surrat. He was a member of the KGC and explains the initiation in to the order as he experienced it. It also goes into how he and J.W. Booth were involved in the assassination of Lincoln. It is very interesting reading. It also leads one to believe that the KGC was dead broke at the end of the war.

Keep in mind that a pair of pants has more than one pocket! LOL! The C.S,A. and the K.G.C. were two separate organizations. One was secret and one was not. The funds you are referring to are from the not so secret C.S.A. records. The K.G.C. didn't keep a ledger and they amasses tons of gold, land and monopolies, long after the civil war ended. Their wealth grew from then on, so there was no need to ever dig up what they had banked for future intentions.
Just like this little squirrel is telling us they did.:thumbsup:

morton sqir.jpg

and their offspring the O.A.K. would carry on the trusts and use what they had been taught by their forefathers in the K.G.C. to succeed beyond their wildest dreams of an empire of wealth and power.

Just my two cents as always, L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions