Decoded looking for KGC treasure

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Yup, I just got finished watching it...again. A bunch of silliness from my experience.
Big Hoss

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D WASSAIL! I just watched it again, too... HOWEVER! The year 1933 for BOTH SB & D'ville is congruent with L'burg, Va. 1933 in REB section of OCC. With a mound, monument, signs on trees, RR Tracks NEXT to OCC... I think the "triangle" is SB, D'ville, & L'burg. Gonna get a map of OCC, and look for the "HEART" here! :wink: BTW, L'burg was the LAST capital of Virginia... after Richmond fell. :o :wink:

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY 2 Cents worth.
The show was entertainment for the "not in the Know" Public.
Conclusion of show: Leads one to think there may be a follow up program. Hmmm I doubt it.
The Signs and interpretations of those signs: I feel were dead on. They just did not show enough of them to convince
Most TH'rs. Usually a show like that takes hours of video only to have what WE, here, would deem important, and
leave them on the cutting room floor. :-[
Long time TH ers would confer: It is very doubtful you are going into an area to TH and find treasure the 1st
go around. That only happens in the Movies! A lot of research and looking for clues to other clues takes time.

The Media is like all my friends that know I do some sort of TH ing......They are all eager to "Help" me dig but
don't understand the time involved in researching at home and in the field ...long before the shovel comes out.

I have read Bob's book and think he knows what he is talking about....and of course like any good TH er, he is
not going to reveal everything he knows.......I would not be surprised if he just later goes back and finds
the Treasure of Danville himself without cameras rolling.....or will find like many of the treasures, it has been moved. :notworthy:

With the price of Gold and programs such as this: The Detector Companies are doning a booming business! :icon_pirat:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a waste of time, but I watched every minute of it. It was cool to see Bob Brewer, as I've read about him, but I really don't think he has much of a clue about anything on this show, but how to present himself as what the public would believe is a treasure hunter. I had questions about how old the trees were and the gazebo. I was impressed about the heart present in the cemetary plat, that's about it. Bob Brewer might have recovered some treasure from the whole deal, cause I would assume he was paid for his expenses and appearance. Didn't have to do any diggin, and the real gold is oftentimes to be found in writing or talking about treasure.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoss KGC said:
My 2 cents worth.

goverton said:
The Signs and interpretations of those signs: I feel were dead on. They just did not show enough of them to convince

I wouldn't agree. The "H" meaning Heart or Heaven? Give me a break!!! Do you really think the Gazebo existed 150 years ago? If I'm Brad Meltzer, that's the very first thing I go to find out. Did it even occur to him that the "8" he found first had any connection with the "H"? H being the 8th letter of the alphabet.

goverton said:
I have read Bob's book and think he knows what he is talking about....

I disagree, I think there is a reason Brewer is on Nightline, writing books, Decoded, consulting on movies, etc. He's got to cash in some how. I've talked to him a few times... a deer in the headlights.

Once you get out in the woods, and really start to understand how the KGC layout works, your opinions will change too. This "develop lines and where they cross will turn up a clue or treasure" is a load of BS.

Big Hoss

PS - Hi SWR :laughing9:

Gazebos have been around for a long time.....long before the civil war......Was this Gazebo there in Danville when the Treasure was buried?.....not sure....one would need to contact the Green Hill Cemetery people to find out......That Civil War Monument was there and perhaps it could be the center of Bob's Circle. I give you an example: There is a Confederate Cemetery in Texas that has a similar Monument in the center of a large circle of trees. At each point of time on a clock, there is 2 trees on this circle. Off to the side is a Squared area where the dead are buried. I know of treasure signs all around that area from the Civil War period and have heard of "finds" near there. So, maybe the Gazebo is not the center in Danville after all.

As far as the "H" and the "8" go, they are signs......and even the Ghost sign on the tree.....I just wonder what signs were NOT shown because of the show's producers editing the film.......Signs are like pieces of a puzzle....taken as a whole, one must try to fit them together and see if they make sense....I have seen signs on first look appear to be nothing more than just marks on a rock or tree...that later proved to be important later on, in deciphering where to go and what to look for....So, I would not dismiss an "H" or an "8" just because I think they might not relate to the site....especially if I was not present to see them and other signs.....Without a map, one has to start somewhere ....and signs, how they are layed out, distances and angles between signs compared to N S E or W, all come into play......
I do think the treasure is not there in the Graves of Danville but somewhere else......further out....But the show has limits of time they can use and treasure hunters have the pleasure to search for more signs and symbols further out without time constraints of a TV Show.....

My one complaint was the show did not show more....but I guess the public just needed to get a "peek" at what TH is all about.

grillz

Aug 2, 2009
goverton;
I agree with you and Hoss. The "Decoded" program was a lot of misinformation about....? "Decode" and "Gold Rush Alaska" seem to have the same script writer as "The Keystone Kops" had; all of it staged with a lot of motion and accomplish....?

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Why is a guy looking for signs left by a 200 year old group that have been carved in 30 year old tree? I LMAO'd at that show.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
"Hey! There's a gazebo built 50 years ago! It has 8 sides! Surely it is a sign left by the KGC!"

"See that naturally formed shape on the side of a tree that I say looks like a ghost? That's DEFINITELY a sign!"

Seriously, that particular show was lolz. I think that guy had no clue what he was doing and was just trying to give the hosts something - ANYTHING to put on TV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread