Frank James newspaper story

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
WOW! This has to be a new record for copying the great info posted on one of the greatest treasure blogs (if not the greatest) out there. Goverton, you should at least give credit where credit is due. You did not find this article through your extensive research. Nor did you tell the readers where you found it.

For those of you who want solid info and no B.S. you should go here. This is where Goverton found his little news article.

http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com

The original link is here... from there you can chase the link to more info....

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ar/county/greene/arkansastellhuntjjames1953.htm

This site gives great info and will tell you where it comes from. Just because it is posted doesn't mean that the great men running the blog believe it. But it is info that is/was posted in newspapers, magazines, books, etc. They give the reader their source and let the reader decide for themselves. The poster of this blog states that he got the info from a friend who found it doing research. Then directs you to the original site that posted the article on the web. Now all of you know where to go for factual info and sources.

Happy Hunting
DD

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
The funniest thing I've had happen was a fellow copied photos of mine from one treasure forum and tried to use them on another. He claimed they were taken in another state and went to a treasure site he was working. When confronted about his use of my photos he claimed they had been given to him by a friend. Glad you enjoy the blog. Ron and I have been pretty busy in the last few months. We hope to get back out in the field and do a little hunting ourselves before it gets too hot to go.

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Thanks OKIE, I hope you guys hit the big one and bring lots of great information to the blog. It really is the best source for info on the net without sifting through the B.S. like most sites. Good luck and be carefull in the field!

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirty_digger said:
WOW! This has to be a new record for copying the great info posted on one of the greatest treasure blogs (if not the greatest) out there. Goverton, you should at least give credit where credit is due. You did not find this article through your extensive research. Nor did you tell the readers where you found it.

For those of you who want solid info and no B.S. you should go here. This is where Goverton found his little news article.

http://okietreasurehunter.blogspot.com

The original link is here... from there you can chase the link to more info....

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ar/county/greene/arkansastellhuntjjames1953.htm

This site gives great info and will tell you where it comes from. Just because it is posted doesn't mean that the great men running the blog believe it. But it is info that is/was posted in newspapers, magazines, books, etc. They give the reader their source and let the reader decide for themselves. The poster of this blog states that he got the info from a friend who found it doing research. Then directs you to the original site that posted the article on the web. Now all of you know where to go for factual info and sources.

Happy Hunting
DD

You are right, I should have given credit where credit is due.....just got in hurry to share it with all.....I thought link went to okie's website....my mistake :'(

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
No prob Gov. Just know how many people on this site like to steal ideas and info. They also love to give false info with no sources. So I was doing my part to give all the proper credit and let the members here have all the info possible.

Personally, I do NOT believe the old man was Frank. Not at all. But it is info, and there might be something someone can piece together about who he really was. Never know. Thanks to the Okie blog writers, Pancho, And you too Goverton for the info.

Gettin Dirty!
DD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread