Interesting Web site about Jesse James, Quantrill, etc.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Goverton,
I see you post a lot in this KGC forum. I've run across some things in my research that you might be interested in doing some deeper research into. I haven't read some of this stuff for awhile so I'll just give you what I can pull out of my poor memory. I'm not saying these men were members of the KGC, but just fun to research.
General James Wilkinson and Aaron Burr as co-conspiritors. They wanted to create their own empire west of the Mississippi River.
Google search Albert Lea, KGC, Robert E. Lee.
Jefferson Davis grew up in Wilkinson County, Mississippi that was named after the above mentioned general and was an area that was a Wilkinson stronghold during the Burr Conspiracy. You also might want to reseach Davises time in Cuba. And supposedly Davis sent some conspiritors to Robert E. Lee, prior to the Civil War, to see if he might be interested in leading an invasion of Cuba.
Robert E. Lee put down the John Brown attack at Harper's Ferry and I think he was in command of the detail that executed Brown. And I believe that one of the members of that detail was John Wilkes Booth.
I'm not interested in the KGC but I know that a lot of you guys who are interested, enjoy researching this type of thing. Have fun checking this stuff out. Mdog

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
mdog said:
Hi Goverton,
I see you post a lot in this KGC forum. I've run across some things in my research that you might be interested in doing some deeper research into. I haven't read some of this stuff for awhile so I'll just give you what I can pull out of my poor memory. I'm not saying these men were members of the KGC, but just fun to research.
General James Wilkinson and Aaron Burr as co-conspiritors. They wanted to create their own empire west of the Mississippi River.
Google search Albert Lea, KGC, Robert E. Lee.
Jefferson Davis grew up in Wilkinson County, Mississippi that was named after the above mentioned general and was an area that was a Wilkinson stronghold during the Burr Conspiracy. You also might want to reseach Davises time in Cuba. And supposedly Davis sent some conspiritors to Robert E. Lee, prior to the Civil War, to see if he might be interested in leading an invasion of Cuba.
Robert E. Lee put down the John Brown attack at Harper's Ferry and I think he was in command of the detail that executed Brown. And I believe that one of the members of that detail was John Wilkes Booth.
I'm not interested in the KGC but I know that a lot of you guys who are interested, enjoy researching this type of thing. Have fun checking this stuff out. Mdog

"Booth attended the hanging on December 2, 1859, of abolitionist leader John Brown, who was executed for leading a raid on the Federal armory at Harpers Ferry (in present-day West Virginia).[62] Booth had been rehearsing at the Richmond Theatre when he abruptly decided to join the Richmond Grays, a volunteer militia of 1,500 men travelling to Charles Town for Brown's hanging, to guard against an attempt by abolitionists to rescue Brown from the gallows by force.[62][63] When Brown was hanged without incident, Booth stood in uniform near the scaffold and afterwards expressed great satisfaction with Brown's fate, although he admired the condemned man's bravery in facing death stoically.[42][64]"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread