Knights of the Golden Circle

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
oldoneseeker, Maybe you would consider starting a link on Sam Bass, I'm sure there's a lot of family history about him that isn't generally Known. You might give a short history of him. And means this is a treasure hunting site, we may have a lot of questions pertaining to him that if your kind enough you might answer. Like did Sam leave a cache someplace family history knows about that hasn't been found? Monk

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: :) Naw, swizzle... SORRY... none in NY... from Virginia down to Florida... then out WEST to Texas, Akansas, New Mexico... on the "Hoot Owl Trail"... Happy Hunting! ;)

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, For starters! Where was the slave graveyard? He must have had many slaves and they were layed to rest someplace, If no one knew of gold then, who would ever go digging up and under his grave. Thats where I'd check first.
PLUS. Easly found.

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
peasweet said:
We were told that slaves and Indian were buried in the same cemetery as the family. There are only 5 readable markers left and about 40 white stones or other marker type stones. This is about 2 acres from the bent tree. We were also told that the slave was buried on top of the gold after he was killed by the gold owner. This is not a well known legend in our community, but the direct relatives are the ones who are now inquiring. Of course we own the property now.

The man who buried the gold has the most legible tombstone with a crown like symbol and a huge tree above his name.

Here is the stone about 20 feet in front of the tree, it has chiseled marking on it and is pointing to the tree.

Thanks for the help!
peasweet
Hi pea sweet tammahawk here,sounds like your tree is a hoot owl tree or an indian trail tree,they are used to mark trails and you can always tell one by the tell tale nub at the bend ill post a pic 4 you of one i found on the net, these trees can be very old because this process of bending them stunts them a lot of times but i have a regular one and one with a lil girl sitting on it and its enormous,ill post both for you, you should check those trees up close alot of times they hold carvings which are more indicators of direction of something hidden, you can take aluminum foil place it over the tombstone face and rub your fingers around to catch all of the stones face feature rub the face well till the whole outline of the tombstones features are captured in the foil, then take the old foaming style shave cream and make a thick coat over the whole suface then take a thin board press it in to the shave cream care fully pull back foil and shave cream and thin board, you now see the full same image of the stone have some mixed ready plaster paris there will be excess of foil at the edge of the stone bend it up as to make a dish to hold something in say like a cake pan, be careful not to ruin the image from the rubbing, pour the plaster paris into the "shave cream mold" and let it dry now you have a perfect natural rendering of the stone and maybee see something else in it because the plaster paris would not be all pitted and you may see more than you expect! oh and let it dry dont touch till (cured or dry)youll think that funny but i learned that trick on an old zoom episode when i was a kid,hehe it works so why mock it, you can take chalk and highlight all the lines on the original stone it will make all the features stand out much more and be more easier to read if theres something there chalk it and rephoto it,if you need more help we can talk off forum jst send me an inbox email on this sight and we can exchange other emails,if you wann keep this to your self,anyway check your tree is 1st thing, thats where id start let me know what you find,and keep your eyes open in general on all trees and rocks,good luck on the trail tammahawk

Attachments

• treepix.jpg
    treepix.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 8,534

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, Is it possible you could post the marks found on the stone 20 feet from the tree? Likely many will have fun giving their meaning to what is said there.This could be a good piece to the puzzle. Monk

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, At this point, my belief is that the man who hid this treasure was in fact a member of the N.G.C. and the treasure wasn't buried at the tree or cemetery! You haven't posted in a while? Doe's that mean you've found it?

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet, Try this! The tree behind bent tree with the big rock, stand over it with a compass. Look to the headstone posted! What is the compass degree? Then look to the posted rock under other Elm tree. What's the compass
degree. When I know that I can tell you if I'm on the right horse.
Check the buried mans Will for any hint you can get. Plus next time you see his kin, ask them why they would still think there might be some thing buried on your place when its your understanding it's already been found by his grandson. See how they react? They may go as far as to tell you that he hasn't.

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
jeff davis said:
peasweet,

The reason treasure is buried near these trees: It's not because they deform the trees after a treasure is buried, they use the bend in the trees to put their ropes or chains on to lower the heavy treasures into the ground. A large trees with long out reaching limbs can be used for the same purpose. If the relatives say the treasure is buried under a killed slave, why are you hunting out at the tree. Unless they used the tree to bury the treasure and the slave wasn't buried in the cemetery but with the hidden treasure.

As for turkey tracks they have always been used for trail markers or treasure markers. A turkey track will never say the treasure is right here. It only points in the direction to go until you get to a different marker. The different marker can tell you to go somewhere else. If you find a triangle on a stone, it can also be a trail marker, but if the triangle is longest towards the ground; then that is where the treasure is buried. The English, French and Spanish used such markers. You may need to purchase the book on these symbols by Rhodes, It tells all about these kinds of symbols and there are hundreds of the. Good luck. There is KGC treasures in New York and all over New England. The Confederates had rebel soldiers that would come out of Canada and rob banks in the Northern States. They would then send these plunders to the Confederate Government or stash them for later on; this depended on the amount. IF a large amount, it was most likely stashed for future use. The KGC were buried treasures long before the War of the Rebellion. They were burying them all the way back to the man that gave the KGC their names---------KING ARTHUR and the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE.
Hello Jefferson Davis, I am reading your post about kgc treasures in new york and all over new england, hmm , that I would like to see that I live in western newyork and ive never seen a marker or a hoot owl tree drill holes or any type of trail marker of the kgc any where in newyork and ive been to most of the state except newyork city I've never been there, you say there all over ,well tap into your info ,call your swammi, call the illuminaty, what ever ya gotta do get me a treasure lead in either buffalo, niagra falls,rochester,syrycuse, jamestown, or any where south of those cities, if you aint just blowing smoke write me,tammahawk ;)

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
jeff davis said:
tammahawk,

As soon as I can look through my research, I will send you a private message. There is no need to have other treasure hunters searching for the same thing, while you are. It would be best just to contact you. Give me a couple of weeks on am busy on other personal matters, but I will send you something.
I still am not finding the string you are talking about ,I hope these are KGC leads and not regular treasure leads? let me know wasup? tammahawk

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
goldchuck said:
Pics of the two symbols can be seen at

http://www.geocities.com/weloveberries/carvings.html

Sorry and I don't know why but these load extremely slow, about 3 minutes when I went to test. I'm not too up on computer stuff yet!

Ron, I could not get to your tree picture.? My buddy told me it was done with a purpose of pointing to something and not natural.
Charlie hello charlie the symbols you are seeing are league symbols, and the one with the x in the middle may mean ten leages as the x may mean roman numeral 10, i am unsure of the length of a league, u should be able to look it up , the turkey track may be the actual pointer and the diamond is there for measurement, the other diamond with the x i would look for further etching or marks that indicate direction,if you cant find any use the diamonds pointing edge, looks like ur a ways off yet but ur on the trail, good luck tammahawk

R

Rich

very interesting story,......really this is the first time i heard of this KGC group,since i just agin started posting this year.......

but have you looked into this matter more close to find a buired cache/treas......

tools-- minelab EX2 with coil-tek DD coil!......try one of those and youll get depth like never before-----even though i dont have a DD coil....lol,but only making a suggestion and hope you come out with somthing in your pocket!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I was at a flea market several years ago and a dealer had just about every issue of True West. I bought them all for $100. It will take me years to read them all. There is a ton of info in those issues. I found that a 2 box does not work very well. I set up a Minelab SD2100 with a Jones mod and a 25" nuggetfinder coil to look for the deep stuff. I use it after I get a area down pat for the final search.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Peasweet, I can't see anything on the dead tree, except what looks to me to be nothing more then where worms have been having lunch under the bark before the bark fell off tree. I can't see any carvings. How far to the nearest creek or river to you? and does it run through your property? If there is any man made carvings on tree, maybe you will hilight them.

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
I think you could get by best with a good PI detector with a 1 meter loop. If I could suggest before you dig some poor souls final resting place make sure you have something. Bring someone with good survey equipment. Like a walkabout, they work pretty good in that soil down there. An Em-83 would probably work well too. A ground resistivity unit would be great as well. You could bring out a professional for around $1500 a day. Sounds like a lot but it will save you so much time & money in the long run. Only if you really think you have something. With the story you have I would invest the money.
One good thing about the South is that there is not natural gold everywhere like out here in the West. Let me know if you need a referral or anything.
Good Luck

Colorado

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet,-------------Take a compuss and stand on marked stone by tree, then take a compass reading to the main headstone in graveyard.----What is that degree?

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Actually I mean you could get someone with most all of that equipment & some cases more for $1500 a day maybe less. Maybe for a share... even.

I never said I could get someone to build one for a $100. Other guys on this post said that. I have offer to pay someone more than that to build one as I am not gifted in the technical arena.

?Thanks for the offer but I found a company that sells them used. I bought a Geohm2 for $350.00.
?I understand that you are trying to recoup your investment on a site that did not workout. I would consider it the cost of doing business & try to find another site if I were you. That is a good tool you have.
?I own a business & I understand there is alway a cost of doing business. We always plan on a return on investment but the truth is it does not always work that way. Otherwise it would not be called Treasure Hunting but treasure Finding. I prefer the later too. I have site we are working that I have personally invested over $25k to date. That may sound crazy to some but treasure hunting is rarely a get rich quick deal.
?I would not have invested that sum if I did not expect a return but things happen, gov. runs you off or takes it. Someone get seriously hurt & the site get shut down. Cave in's the list is endless. ?No guarantees.
?Sorry for rambling

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
peasweet,--------I take you to say from marked stone by tree to the marked tomb stone in graveyard is 33 degree's. That would be more N. by E. and not S./E. ---------- Look to 78 degree's from rock, out as far as the gravestone sits and what do you see there? you also might walk around at the end of that distance and look at the ground. Do you see anything there? like another stone? To be right on, you need to get a tape and pull off distance from tombstone to rock. Then some distance out 78 degree's and you will be on top the spot where hopefully the treasure lays? Hopefully you will be your old self again soon and can let us know something more. And P.S. I take the Crown to mean = Coin of the realm.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
with gold mines all over virginia, north carolina. georgia, alabama. a few in florida, mississippi, and other southern states i was just wondering WHERE in the south is there not gold occuring naturally ?? there were gold mines being worked in nearly every southern state until the gold rush to california. at that time the mines here were shut down, not due to no gold but due to the fact that the miners thought the findings on the west coast would be better..by the time the gold rush played out,, the returning miners were so disallusioned that they never reopened the mines here......as for the crown on the tombstone,, if you look at sites showing mason symbolism you will see what it stands for.. it symbolizes a certain "rank" or title in masonry.......pretty high up the ladder too.........gldhntr

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone have maps showing where the KGC traveled?? I was reading through some of the old posts and have seen a couple referring to trees bent 90 degrees a few feet and then straight up.? What does this mean?? I know of such a tree on some property I own in central Missouri.? There is also a tree that V's and has a large vine looped through it and also a 10 foot wide sunken area that sinks about 2 feet deep.? Am I onto somthing or is all this just coincidence?? Here is a picture, sorry about my mom being on the tree, she thought it made a nice seat.

Attachments

• benttree.jpg
    benttree.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 9,746
  • loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 10,993

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread