Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

7 PICTURES OF THE BIGGEST SOUTHERN CROSS I'VE EVER SEEN

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS IN TOWN. WELL MAINTAINED AND .... WELL YOU LOOK AND YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 1.JPG 
Views:	432 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	542272   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 2.JPG 
Views:	429 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	542273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 3.JPG 
Views:	434 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	542274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 4.JPG 
Views:	430 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	542275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 5.JPG 
Views:	431 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	542276  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 6.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	542277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SOUTHERN CROSS 7.JPG 
Views:	436 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	542278  
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    25 times

Re: 7 PICTURES OF THE BIGGEST SOUTHERN CROSS I'VE EVER SEEN

SEE PIC #4, THERE ARE 4 OF THESE AND THEY ARE LAID OUT FROM THE CENTER MONUMENT.
    THEY MAKE UP A HUGE SOUTHERN CROSS SHAPED CONFEDERATE CEMETERY. IT MAKES YOU
    THINK ON A MUCH LARGER SCALE. THIS IS JUST ABOUT THREE MILES FROM HOME, IN THE
    MIDDLE OF TOWN.
    ....JESUS IS LORD.

us
    Apr 2010
    2 times

Hi Prospectormikel,

I have found a couple of headstones of Secret Service Agents of the Confederate that are facing West, whilst everyone else is facing East, including the known masons. I have not been able to locate any documention explaining why this is. Both died in 1864. I am working on how or if it figures into the scheme of things...

Thanks, Gertie

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    25 times

HI GERTY.

WE DID SEE A FEW HEADSTONES THAT WERE OUT OF LINE WITH THE OTHERS. THEY APPEARED TO BE CHILD SIZE GRAVES. (CONFUSING) THEY SEEMED OUT OF PLACE. ARE THOSE WHAT YOU ARE POINTING OUT?
    THE CENTER MONUMENT DISPLAYS ARKANSAS, MISSOURI, TEXAS, AND LOUSIANA BETWEEN THE CANNONS ON THE FOUR FACES OF THE MONUENT.
    IT IS JUST A GUESS AS TO WHO MAY BE REPRESENTED AT THE TOP OF THE MONUMENT, BUT I WILL GUESS IT IS ARCHIEBALL YELL. THERE IS A STREET NEAR HERE NAMED AFTER HIM AND A STATUE NEAR THE NORTH END OF THE STREET.
    AS FOR THE MASON, THERE IS AN INSCRIPTION ON FAR SIDE OF HIS MONUMENT THAT STATES THAT I DIED FROM "WOUNDS SUFFERED IN BATTLE."

I HAVE OTHER PHOTOS BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO FLOOD THE THREAD WITH THEM.

LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP WITH YOUR RESEARCH. YOU APPEAR TO KNOW MUCH MORE THAN ME. ..... O.K. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU DO!

THANKS FOR YOUR POST AND INFO.

MIKEL
    ....JESUS IS LORD.

us
    Apr 2010
    2 times

I am still very much a greenhorn at this kind of hunting. As you probably know the theory is that the KGC, Confederates and Masons were all intertwined. I am not surprised the monument has those 4 states on it, given the area it is probably in. Will send you a PM just as soon as I can figure out how to get past the error I am getting. The Davis monument looks like it was modified as much as 3 times. Those good ole cemetery committees have a way of messing up the original integrity of certain graves, by trying to make things pretty....lol But, then again, I guess it all depends on who or what group is running the committee..perhaps an underlying intent, sometimes..lol

Gertie

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    25 times

HI GERTY.

I'M NOT A GREEN HORN MY SELF...BUT FROM WHERE I STAND I CAN SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE SHOE OF A GREEN HORN! I HAVE GOT A LOT TO LEARN. MY NEIGHBOR TOLD ME OF THIS CEMETERY, AND RIGHT AWAY I WANTED TO GO SEE IT. HE LOOKED AT HIS MOTOR SCOOTER, AND I SAID NO WAY, WE'LL TAKE MY TRUCK. WE LOADED UP AND TOOK OFF IN ABOUT 2 MINUTES. I STARTED TAKING PICS AS SOON AS I COULD GET OUT OF THE TRUCK, UNTIL MY BATTERY QUIT ON ME.
    I CAN'T STAY ON MY FEET VERY LONG, SO IT PLAYED OUT ABOUT THE TIME THAT MY LEGS DID. I PLAN ON GOING BACK AS SOON AS I CAN GO AND HAVE STRENGTH TO REALLY LOOK AT IT.

I HAVE AN ALTEIRIER MOTIVE FOR STUDYING THIS PLACE. I AM HOPEING THAT I CAN FIND SOME CARVINGS THAT MATCH SOME OF THE CARVINGS NEAR AN OLD MINE.
    I HAVE BEEN STUDYING THE BLUFF CARVINGS FOR SOME TIME NOW, AND IT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED THAT THEY MIGHT BE KGC OR SOME CIVIL WAR MILITARY MARKINGS. I WAS JUST SO BLOWN AWAY WITH THE LAYOUT AND THE CARE THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN FOR SO LONG. I JUST GOT SIDE TRACKED.
    IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO WELL LAID OUT. VERY FEW OF THE GRAVES ARE MARKED ON THE HEAD STONES. JUST BLANK AND MYSTERIOUS. YOU CAN ALMOST HEAR THE SOUNDS OF BATTLE ECHOING FROM THE GROUND.

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WAS INSIDE THE CARE TAKER'S HOUSE ABOUT 20 TO 30 YEARS AGO. HE TOLD ME THAT HE COULD BARELY STAND IT, HE WANTED TO PICK UP EVERY THING AND LOOK AT EACH PIECE AND STUDY THEM. HE SAID THE WHOLE HOUSE WAS LIKE A MUSEUM. I HOPE TO GET TO SEE SOME OF THEM ONE DAY.

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE PM.

MIKEL
    ....JESUS IS LORD.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors