• Buzzard on Map.jpg
    Buzzard on Map.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,472

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Well first off, you might try using your own photos and not someone elses. At the least you should give the photo credit to the treasure hunter that actually took the photo :icon_scratch:

Secondly, the carving will (does) mean something different than your drawn map. Your drawn map appears to be hiding one or more symbols in the symbol itself. Without seeing the rest of the map (and I'm not saying I want to see it, I'm just saying for interpretation purposes it could be beneficial) I would say you are looking for two trails that intersect near a hill and one of those trails runs along the base of a hill or the hill where the intersection occurs.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec said:
Well first off, you might try using your own photos and not someone elses. At the least you should give the photo credit to the treasure hunter that actually took the photo :icon_scratch:

Secondly, the carving will (does) mean something different than your drawn map. Your drawn map appears to be hiding one or more symbols in the symbol itself. Without seeing the rest of the map (and I'm not saying I want to see it, I'm just saying for interpretation purposes it could be beneficial) I would say you are looking for two trails that intersect near a hill and one of those trails runs along the base of a hill or the hill where the intersection occurs.
Sorry you took offense at posting a pic of a Thunderbird or Buzzard. :evil5: I did not intend for people to think I took the pic.
It was for illustration purposes of what someone may have found in the field (or similar to it)that led to a treasure site and could give me more
insight as to what the drawing might mean.

The drawing is part of a map which I really don't need to show the rest of it for obvious reasons. The area this goes to has no hill
...just a pretty flat area. I do know that part of the bird represents site information when put together with other clues on map.

Your idea of a Hill with 2 trails is interesting idea :notworthy: but does not fit the area in question. I did think the feet might represent
a Rock with Turkey track on it and the head might represent an angle off a marked rock. So far, I have found neither of those in the
field where this is suppose to go to. I have seen similar drawings with the head looking in different direction.

I am always open to suggestions as I have solved puzzles that way..... I believe Indians used similar symbols but they had a different
meaning than treasure hunting. I am at the mercy of the Map Maker. A Map Maker draws a Map to remind him of the location, compass orientation, scale and what other small hidden signs meant to jog someone's memory of where to back for his loot.

Maybe we all need to watermark our pics we put online so we can threaten someone for using them and not giving credit.
That was just a Joke! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing7:
REALLY, I appreciate the person who posted that pic I used, as it best describes what I am looking for.......
**** *I REMOVED the Pic in question****

PS: IF anyone here(forum) feels the need to use one of MY pics, go ahead! I won't object if it leads someone to some
"Good Stuff".....then I will "nail" you for my cut! LOL :occasion18: :headbang: :tongue3:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
I don't mind you using my picture as long as you note where you got it. That was on a site I worked several years ago.

I would still look at your thunderbird as being more than one symbol combined to hide the real meaning or that it is more than one symbol where all of the peices need to be worked together to get the answer. I don't think the symbol is going to be looked at as one thing or symbol but 2 or 3 or more pieces used separately but together if that makes sense. The feet could be turkey tracks telling you that there are two of them (turkey tracks) or they could be indicating two trails, maybe two ways to get to the hole? I'm assuming this is outlaw because your drawing doesn't look Spanish or Indian. The hash marks can indicate a direction of travel, they can also be giving you one or more numbers by adding them together, using all for one number, getting two numbers out of the hash marks along the top of the wings and then the ones at the tips of the wings, etc. For some reason I feel that the horzontal line that is the top of the wings and the wings are separate from the rest. If you just look at that part it would tell me some type of hill (which you said there aren't any) so maybe a rise or even the opposite, a low spot like a wash or gully with the hash marks indicating a slope in one direction or another.

The angle idea is not a bad one but this could end up being another carving in the area of where the map goes or it could be a rock shaped like the angle or any number of other things. Most of these types of things are meant to be seen when you are at the location and not just sitting somewhere looking at the map.

OP
OP
goverton

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alec said:
I don't mind you using my picture as long as you note where you got it. That was on a site I worked several years ago.

I would still look at your thunderbird as being more than one symbol combined to hide the real meaning or that it is more than one symbol where all of the peices need to be worked together to get the answer. I don't think the symbol is going to be looked at as one thing or symbol but 2 or 3 or more pieces used separately but together if that makes sense. The feet could be turkey tracks telling you that there are two of them (turkey tracks) or they could be indicating two trails, maybe two ways to get to the hole? I'm assuming this is outlaw because your drawing doesn't look Spanish or Indian. The hash marks can indicate a direction of travel, they can also be giving you one or more numbers by adding them together, using all for one number, getting two numbers out of the hash marks along the top of the wings and then the ones at the tips of the wings, etc. For some reason I feel that the horzontal line that is the top of the wings and the wings are separate from the rest. If you just look at that part it would tell me some type of hill (which you said there aren't any) so maybe a rise or even the opposite, a low spot like a wash or gully with the hash marks indicating a slope in one direction or another.

The angle idea is not a bad one but this could end up being another carving in the area of where the map goes or it could be a rock shaped like the angle or any number of other things. Most of these types of things are meant to be seen when you are at the location and not just sitting somewhere looking at the map.

Verly interesting ideas. I do know part of the wings indicate something else(the angled part). The straight accross part will have to ck out when I go there again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions