Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
sandcreek4 said:
I just bought a book called "The Hidden Civil War, Copperheads" by Wood Gray, associate Professor of American History at George Washington University. In this book it refers to the American Legion as the Knights of the Golden Circle's "Miltary Branch".....Has anyone ever heard that before?

According to Bickley there was a American Legion and a Legion of 6.
The code card captured with Bickley says that the number 6 stands for Mexico.
Bickley signed off as the President of the Amercan Legion and sometimes as the Commander-in-Chief of the American Legion.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walker Colt said:
sandcreek4 said:
I just bought a book called "The Hidden Civil War, Copperheads" by Wood Gray, associate Professor of American History at George Washington University. In this book it refers to the American Legion as the Knights of the Golden Circle's "Miltary Branch".....Has anyone ever heard that before?

According to Bickley there was a American Legion and a Legion of 6.
The code card captured with Bickley says that the number 6 stands for Mexico.
Bickley signed off as the President of the Amercan Legion and sometimes as the Commander-in-Chief of the American Legion.
That just seemed strange to me--that the American Legions roots are entangled with the Knights of the Golden Circle. :o It makes me look at the American Legion in a whole new light---you sure don't see any of that kind of information in the mainstream history books.
Thanks Walker Colt :thumbsup: .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread