Are These Symbols Related ?

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The KGC used many different symbols in their codes. Just taking a shot in the dark here that some one may know what this token is about. The three figures are tiny at 5mm tall, token is 26mm, weight is 5.8 grams. The figures are incused, could be 3 warriors with shields, 3 drummers and so on, I have no idea..

Got this from North Carolina which has a long and rich history dating back 100's of years. All suggestion welcome, and thanks in advance to all who may reply..

Attachments

• Token Symbol.JPG
    Token Symbol.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 893

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:hello2: cariboo, nice looking token, anything on the other side?
you never know for sure about the kgc as there were many and all over the place. someone that collects tokens can tell you something about your find i am sure. type in tokens and see what happens. also maybe someone else can give you good info.
thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw, here's the back and close up of the figures pictures. Token appears to be bronze. I had this for several years and I hope you're right that some one will know or point me in the right direction...

Attachments

• Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Token2.JPG
    Token2.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,306
  • Token2.JPG
    Token2.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,348

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND A LITTLE TOO FAR OUT THERE, BUT ARE THE THREE FIGURES
LINED UP IN REFERENCE TO THE THREE STARS OF ORION'S BELT??

I DID SAY "FAR OUT THERE" AND THAT OPENS A NEW CAN OF WORMS.
??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :read2:
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FAR OUT and WAY UP THERE....

Mikel, what a great question and suggestion as I have no idea what this token is. I would have never thought of Orions Belt. I took your idea and did a bit of research...Here's what I came up with.

Thanks again Mikel... :thumbsup:

Finest of all the constellations is the glorious Orion, the warrior-giant of the ancients.

Orion's Belt is part of a larger constellation called The Hunter. Orion is a very prominent and popular constellation, perhaps being the best-known and most conspicuous constellation in the sky. Orion's three "belt" stars are found on the celestial equator and are visible throughout the worlds. The three belt stars are of medium brightness and are the medium part of the constellation.

Orion is not the only name for The Hunter. In Australia the belt and sword of Orion are sometimes called the Saucepan. It is called the Drie Konings (Three Kings) by Afrikaans and Trois Rois (The Three Kings) by the French. Both of these names are founds in 17th and 18th century seaman's guides. Historically it is also referred to as Babylonian "Shepherd of Anu."

Attachments

• Stars & Token.JPG
    Stars & Token.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,006

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CARABOO5,

YOU FOUND THE PERFECT PHOTO TO COMPARE TO THE DISC.
I HAVE HEARD THEM CALLED THE THREE KINGS, BUT I DON'T KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THAT
NAME.
I COULD SEE THE POSSIBLE RELATION BUT DIDN'T LOOK IT UP, BUT I SEE THE CONSTILATION
WHEN I CAN GET AWAY FROM TOWN AND THE LIGHTS THAT BLIND US TO THE BEAUTY AND
ETERNAL HISTORY OF THE HEAVENS.

I HOPE THAT YOU CAN LINK THAT DISC TO SOMETHING OF GREAT HISTORICAL VALUE.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
:coffee2: :read2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I am not certain if this is associated with Orion, this is the best lead I have had in years and certainly very interesting researching this possibility. Thanks again.....

Just to add fuel to the fire I found the following picture associated with Orion. Similiar ?

Attachments

• Orionp.JPG
    Orionp.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,314

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORION'S BELT=PYRAMIDS=MASONS=KGC=? $ ???
LOTS TO THINK ABOUT AND :read2:

JUST BLOWING ON YOUR FIRE. :dontknow:
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
cariboo, looks like mikel hit the nail on the head. now it makes you wonder why the token was made. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed...I think Mikel hit the nail on the head also...and he can fan the flames all he wants...lol

Several years ago when I first seen and purchased this token my initial thought was of warriors with shields. Never did I give consideration to the stars as a possible meaning until Mikel mentioned Orion's Belt.

This token is crudely made, the circles have been punched and the stickmen have been carved by hand as there are noticeable differences in size, shape and depth. I am not sure when this was made but by the patina and crudeness it looks fairly old.

Who ever made this did not have good tools and did a great job with what they had on hand and by hand. I believe it is possible the stick figures were done to represent a warrior as perceived by the maker as what the stars and Orion's Belt meant to him.

10claw...my best guess would be a symbol of luck, prosperity etc as perceived by the maker..

Attached is a picture of four images of Orion the warrior as others see it...

Attachments

• Orion 4 Pics 2.JPG
    Orion 4 Pics 2.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,565

wacouta

Aug 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Big Fork Montana (I think) where an artist makes replicas of original sheriff's badges out of metal and the workmanship is similar. I don't know what kind of badge that you have would be though. Also I have heard the pyramids at Ghisa (3) are supposed to be in that Orion's belt shape?

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Sir, that is what is means. Stars, that is. Symbolically showing connection of KGC with Masonic principles, although upper order Masons were the only ones to be aware of such knowledge. I should know. Good luck.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes Sir, that is what is means. Stars, that is. Symbolically showing connection of KGC with Masonic principles, although upper order Masons were the only ones to be aware of such knowledge. I should know. Good luck.

Upper Order?!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread