Cave described as "circular, golden" - what do you think?

Trenton

Jul 13, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a bookseller... still kinda piddle with it. I was reading a book, a rare one, that describes a cave in N Arkansas that is in the side of a hill or cliff, and one goes thru a short tunnel and emerges into a 'room' described as 'circular and painted yellow or gold, paint flaked off' that 'whoever made it tried to make it look like Indians did it - however, they clearly had nothing to do with it'.

The book has absolutely nothing to do with KGC, treasure, CSA, etc., this is just a footnote. It is a costly, rare, book that is still copyrighted and not widely available.

My question to you'all - what do you think? I have extensive investigatory experience, and I think that, with some work, I could locate the land this is on - i.e., 'the old Jones place' - but not a precise location.. still, it would be close enough that it could be found.

This came to my mind after I ran across a copy of a book about the KGC, a topic I was unfamiliar with when I read the above mentioned item.

K

Kentucky Kache

I would try to find it. Even if it has nothing to do with KGC, it COULD have something to do with treasure. You never know.
Maybe you can also find more about it in local history, or local lore.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Trenton, maybe the paint covered native american paintings, meaning someone didn't want them discovered.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"T", maybe this would help... List of caves in Arkansas @ en.wiki.org/wiki/list_of_caves_in_Arkansas might "ring a bell"... DUNNO. MAYBE, the Old Spanish Treasure Cave. Good Luck! HH!

Last edited:

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Devil's Den, but, up in northern Arkansas there are plenty of caves as plentiful as stories. But the Spanish Devil's Den has what you describe. It's on private property with tours you can take, only can't go in certain parts of the cave. Although, you would be surprised at the symbols that are there. I was kind of surprised the guide didn't have any clue they were there -or, they know, hide it in open public with tours, restricted to only certain parts of the cave system.

Also, if you float anywhere on the Buffalo, you will see symbols all day long if you look hard enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread