94.9 KB · Views: 624
  • 1-v-1 (640x427).jpg
    1-v-1 (640x427).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,564

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Looks like a map. Nice find, too bad the pictures do not show in entirety.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DHaze:
There seems to be a lot of possibilities in your photos. The codes and symbols used by the KGC were modeled after the Spanish codes as well as their own designs for signs and other "secret" symbols. You will have to research, not only the Spanish code system, but also the Masonic signs and symbols AND, lastly, the codes of rock masons. WHEW!!!!!!! That's a lot and is a good reason that many folks concentrate on the KGC, alone, as their treasure hunting interests.

There are many very good and knowledgeable folks in the KGC section who would help you if they can. I haven't been in that section for quite a while, but Texasjay and RebelKGC were 2 of the good folks who fit that description well. There are more, but 2 stick in my memory.

In your first photo, above, that large "W" looking figure is not actually a "W" , but is two Roman numeral "V"s for a combined value of 10 and since they are together like that, double the sum to equal 20. Now that could the value for distance OR depth. Anytime you see a "W" or "M" figure that has a gap in the center peak area, then figure it as a double "V". If you find an "M" shape where the center valley goes down to the same level as the bottoms of the 2 side legs, that would be an upside down "W" OR two upside down "V"s OR is the sign of an owl's ears. If the center valley only goes down a little.......say half way, it is an "M" that stands for Minerva (owl), which is what the Spanish used for sign. The "M" also has the value of "15" in the Spanish code alphabet. WHEW!!!! Now you can see how much study can be involved. NOTHING, will be completely cut and dried in following those trials. And, lastly.........there will NEVER be a "dig here" sign, so don't expect any "X marks the spot" signs.

Good luck, and enjoy the hunt.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TY, Ss... I think TJ is best. MY focus is on Virginia or East coast; TJ seems to be TX and "points" west. TX was the BIG "hotbed" post-CONFEDERATE WAR (aka Civil War, which was NOT "civil"). Gonna see MORE "signs" on boulders, MORE "pointer rocks", etc. It DOES look KGC.

OP
OP
D

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now let me add a twist I'm in Indiana/IL!??? Going to site round noon I will post better pix. SS yeah I been diggn plenty (in research)! The one in neg. I have no clue some of the small holes I believe are bullet holes??? Since graveyards seldom get moved would make since to make it a starting point or ? There is one at this site within 150 feet or so, with one large tree and axe symbol in it.
Stay Tuned
Thx for the help
Already found treasure.....by visiting this site.

OP
OP
D

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pics on my post Anyone know what these mean.
Thx again

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that if all the stories about KGC bury gold is true. Then, there must had been a lot of gold back then.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to see, adjusting contrast might help, but different angled picture might help. Pictures also.seem too close. Looks like you need the key to unlock the cipher. Not very easy. You might have a better chance of ordering something through amazon using a random name and credit card number. Swing a metal detector.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try some white chalk. Measure angles OFF N/S lines etc.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Does not look like any KGC I have ever seen. Prominent KGC symbols are hearts, arrows, daggers, animals (birds, rabbits), turkey tracks, backwards letters and numbers especially 3, 33, or 333, hashmarks, dangle compass etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread