KGC clues found with John Murrell, put on your thinking caps!!!!!

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
magnsdad said:
This is fun. I gave the lock to my dad when they took my daughter for Christmas vacation. It was so rusty that I thought it would crumble if I tried to clean it but I was wrong. Dad put it on a bench grinder with a wire wheel and it cleaned up very well. It is older than I thought and made by Yale and Towne who made modern locks in 1861. I have a lock collector book being ordered by my local library and I hope it will give me a exact date. The lock was buried exactly in between the waterfalls. Last Tuesday I went hunting and found a cotten scale sticking out of the ground. It had horseshoe magnets on it that easily made my compass spin. It also had a wood burning stove door under it. The cotten scale pointed directly toward the lock from about 300 yards away. My Dad is so excited about the lock he has purchased a metal detector and is bringing my daughter home early so he can go hunting with me. I also bought a 10 inch coil for my detector. It seems to double the distance it can detect but I have only tried it in my house.
On a KGC symbol I saw recently it had a marking of "R" over 61, at first it didn't make since but now it does. "R" is the 18th letter in the alphabit, and the 61, it was inside of a pyrmid shape... Could it be 1861, that lock could be a big clue...... :icon_scratch:

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dtpost said:
magnsdad said:
This is fun. I gave the lock to my dad when they took my daughter for Christmas vacation. It was so rusty that I thought it would crumble if I tried to clean it but I was wrong. Dad put it on a bench grinder with a wire wheel and it cleaned up very well. It is older than I thought and made by Yale and Towne who made modern locks in 1861. I have a lock collector book being ordered by my local library and I hope it will give me a exact date. The lock was buried exactly in between the waterfalls. Last Tuesday I went hunting and found a cotten scale sticking out of the ground. It had horseshoe magnets on it that easily made my compass spin. It also had a wood burning stove door under it. The cotten scale pointed directly toward the lock from about 300 yards away. My Dad is so excited about the lock he has purchased a metal detector and is bringing my daughter home early so he can go hunting with me. I also bought a 10 inch coil for my detector. It seems to double the distance it can detect but I have only tried it in my house.
On a KGC symbol I saw recently it had a marking of "R" over 61, at first it didn't make since but now it does. "R" is the 18th letter in the alphabit, and the 61, it was inside of a pyrmid shape... Could it be 1861, that lock could be a big clue...... :icon_scratch:
I also read on here recently that someone found a rock with a "Y" and a "T" on it..Could this be the Yale and Towne Lock you have :o

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
Texas History:

By the trems of the 1819 Transcontinental Treaty, the United States had given up claims to Spanish lands south of the forty-second parallel. Nevertheless, within a few years Americans began to enter the region (Republic of Texas 1836-1845). Texas for over 10 years Texas was its own country, the frist time they asked to enter the union they were rejected because of the state was, at that time, a slave stated and the union did not want to upset the delicant balance of free and free and slave states.

In 1845 the United States annexes Texas; 1846 the United States declares war on Mexico.

Gabedubois

Jun 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all,
I'm a producer at a production company and I'm currently looking for people who are actively searching for John Murrel's treasure, or have searched for it in the past. If so, let me know, I'd love to talk to you more about the subject for a project I'm working on.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Didn't Murrell/Murel go to prison in 1834 for a ten year stretch and come out
with TB and died shortly after 1844/45? That would mean he was active in the
KGC from 1820's to 1834??? Oh, I know, Jay, he faked his death in 1844 and
rode with Bloody Bill and Quantrell serving as Sgt-at-Arms in the Knights of the
Golden Circle. Then after the Surrender he floated his treasure down the Missi-
ssippi to the Devil's Punchbowl at Natchez. That skull the gravediggers got
really belonged to Jonathan Swift and the fingers tattooed with HT(Horse Theif)
really belonged to a guy named Bigalow. After burying half his loot at the
Punchbowl he went overland to the nuetral strip by the Sabine to bury the rest.
In order to support his gang of 2500 Mystic Clanners he robbed the New Orleans mint and started the Mardis Gras using Melangeon and Redbone actors
to throw fake necklaces to the huge crowds on Bourbon Street. At his 100th
birthday party in 1904 his invitees included both James's, Frank Dalton, Roy
Acuff, John Dillenger and Pretty Boy Floyd.

THE END
You mean the MYSTIC KREWE of New Orleans...? CSA General Albert Pike was involved in THAT!

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Magnsdad,

I could not open your photograph album. I am quite interested in deciphering your markings. I hope you find something good there. I only like deciphering things that confuse others. I would like it if you were to contact me by personal email and then you could share your photographs there. I am already busy with nearly 20 of my own sites but I am thoroughly interested in JJ and KGC sites.

Sincerest regards and good luck

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread