NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
the numbers are increments

the number 9 plays in .

each dot is a stone marker

the ley lines cross each other and that is starting point .

each dot has the increment of 9

you choose which you prefer for distance used .

Getting Warmer

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
On any given date in history you can see what position any given star was in. If you have a stars name with a date on a map it is telling you the direction to travel. All you need next would be the distance to go in that direction.
Thanks, L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm afraid I do not understand what you are trying to explain to me treasminder2, but I am very interested to hear more about this.
Thanks, L.C.Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Look at CAPELLA; STAR! The "line" on the cross points to CAPELLA, then to the ground... Dig THERE!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting Warmer

If you were referring to stone markers laid out in an upside down triangle you were right. We found it at 333 degrees from the turtle sign. We have also located two large rock piles that were man made structures dating back to the late 1800's. They are only about 50 yards apart. We are pretty sure they are part of the caches we are trying to locate. They were farther away, about 1 mile on the same heading.
Thanks for the help,Baker:thumbsup:

Nickol

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Page_2.jpg
ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS MAP?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 880227
ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS MAP?

I would start on it by getting on google earth and look over the area that the map was found in. It looks to me like you have two streams/rivers/creeks etc. Those will not change much over time. I see some familiar signs. It looks like it is more Spanish to me than KGC, just my opinion. In the lower right corner it looks like they have drawn your attention to a structure, perhaps a church or something like that. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site, try posting it in another thread. Treasure signs and symbols maybe. The writing looks to be some what Greek alphabet. The structure at the bottom right would have AD inside it, that is what makes me think it might be a church.:dontknow:
thanks for posting it,L.C.

Last edited:

Nickol

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.JPG
HERE ITS A CLEAR PHOTO YES THE (AD) ITS A SMALL CHURCH THE FIVE DOTS THEY ARE MONOUMENTS. MY THOUGHTS ITS SOMETHING COULD BE HIDEN IN OTHER TWO DOTS ON TOP AND A IN CIRCLE WHAT IT MEANS?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
First of all Nickol, what language is that and have you translated what it says? It looks like it may be an old form of Czech language------don't know. But if you translate the letters it may tell you what the map is all about.

It looks more like the Greek language than any other I can find. Anyone in Greece able to translate for us?

Agree... see OMEGA, and DELTA, ALPHA; "google" GREEK Alphabet.

Last edited:

Nickol

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree... see OMEGA, and DELTA, ALPHA; "google" GREEK Alphabet.
YES ITS IN GREEK LANGUAGE,

AND I HAVE BEEN IN THE PLACE WHERE THIS MAP FOUND BUT DIDNT HAVE MUCH TIME TO LOOK CAREFULL COZ re Doing excavations. WHAT THE 2 DOTS NEAR THE OMEGA REPRESENT THE OTHER 5 ARE THE MONUMENTS I HAVE SEE THEM.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OMEGA means "the END"; stop searching. "Horsehead" is in the CENTER. Look at ALPHA...

Last edited:

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Dreams, Spirits, Premonitions
Primary Interest:
Other
Just adding my 2cents here, which may not be worth much. But,
In the carving of the horse head it looks to me like a hat over the eye area more than an eye would appear.
It just looks out of place. Why would someone place a hat over the eye of a horse?
It does not appear to me as a bridal. It looks to me like a cowboy hat.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
YES ITS IN GREEK LANGUAGE,

AND I HAVE BEEN IN THE PLACE WHERE THIS MAP FOUND BUT DIDNT HAVE MUCH TIME TO LOOK CAREFULL COZ re Doing excavations. WHAT THE 2 DOTS NEAR THE OMEGA REPRESENT THE OTHER 5 ARE THE MONUMENTS I HAVE SEE THEM.

In what country?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
On any given date in history you can see what position any given star was in. If you have a stars name with a date on a map it is telling you the direction to travel. All you need next would be the distance to go in that direction.
Thanks, L.C. Baker

Is there a link that will help you find a stars position on a specific date? If there is, will you post it? Thanks.

tlm5000

Jul 8, 2013
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is there a link that will help you find a stars position on a specific date? If there is, will you post it? Thanks.

Just Google it mdog you should find what your looking for.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Google it mdog you should find what your looking for.

there are a lot of different ones but i found one that was simple to use. just enter the star date and year and it would give you the position. That is the one I wanted to find again, I know it's available. Just try google as tim suggested and you will find it!
thanks L.C.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks TLM, L.C. and Rebel. Here's a link that showed me what I was looking for.

Your Sky: Sky Map Control Panel

I was trying to find out when Capella would be about 10 degrees west of Polaris at a specific latitude and longitude in October of the year 1870. The link worked out pretty good. I also learned that Capella is the Alpha star of the Auriga constellation. It could be used in some way to indicate the first step on a trail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread