adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
upside down hatchet has no meaning then ? ok it must be a hillbilly thing i guess .

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the thing about symbolism in plain sight, it can be interpreted in a way that it is, but it can also be interpreted for what it stands for otherwise. In the case of the 'T" I posted, it was used to represent what you had to do next on the trail to find what you are looking for. I have never figured out the shape that surrounds it. It is not the star of David it has 8 points as it is made of two squares that are overlaid.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
upside down hatchet has no meaning then ? ok it must be a hillbilly thing i guess .

That is why a picture helps. It could be what you think it looks like, but may be something else entirely. Perhaps if you can get a photo posted someone will recognize what you are seeing.:thumbsup:

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L.C. Baker, you had mentioned previously about "Alias's" on headstones or just fake markers in general, I believe in my area I'm dealing with the same, right down to a poem verse on the marker that seems odd as far as word changes and an layout do you find this to be prevalent strategy

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That is the thing about symbolism in plain sight, it can be interpreted in a way that it is, but it can also be interpreted for what it stands for otherwise. In the case of the 'T" I posted, it was used to represent what you had to do next on the trail to find what you are looking for. I have never figured out the shape that surrounds it. It is not the star of David it has 8 points as it is made of two squares that are overlaid.
It is...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"Hillbilly thing"... calling my dad, a Hillbilly?

I believe he was talking about the symbol mentioned in post #76 Rebel. But I thought you were a hillbilly! I know I am even though I am in the heartland. That is why I can't walk straight, one of my legs is shorter than the other from hunt'n sang and running dogs in the Blue Ridges. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Any Idea on what that eight sided shape represents Rebel?
Thanks, L.C.
8-sided shape is an OCTAGON... SUFI symbolism; "mix" of EASTERN/WESTERN Science, Philosophy, Love; VERY original Knights Templar "mix" of Teaching. Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest "Retreat" is an OCTAGON; he learned it from OLD Rosicrucian Order (years of SERVICE in France). "Google" Sufi Mysteries... Axis Mundi... HH! Good Luck!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I believe he was talking about the symbol mentioned in post #76 Rebel. But I thought you were a hillbilly! I know I am even though I am in the heartland. That is why I can't walk straight, one of my legs is shorter than the other from hunt'n sang and running dogs in the Blue Ridges. :thumbsup:
HA! What part of the Blue Ridge...? Having one leg shorter than the other is BEST for walking the mountains...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Now, for a few words from Thomas Jefferson... "I'm going to build my SECRETS into the GEOMETRY of these buildings, because I know that books can be burned... but buildings, not so easily"... "google" SUFI GEOMETRY. HH! Good Luck!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! What part of the Blue Ridge...? Having one leg shorter than the other is BEST for walking the mountains...

West Virginia South of Beckley. near Sandstone in the New River Valley. I aslo lived in Harrisburg and worked at James Madison plumbing in their new chemistry lab. I am a sucker for a High's ice cream too!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as the 8 sided shape that surrounds this "T' it could mean a lot of things. Come to find out, The eight-pointed star is the Star of Redemption or Regeneration and represents baptism. Eight is traditionally the number of regeneration, and thus many baptismal fonts have an octagonal base.
Providing added significance is the assumption that Jesus was circumcised and named when he was eight days old (the traditional Jewish practice); baptism is seen as the New Testament equivalent of circumcision. Finally, eight persons were saved in Noah's ark, which is another Old Testament parallel of baptism.
Astrological Origin:
The roots of the eight-pointed stat symbolize the four corners of space. The eight lines are symbolic of north, south, east, and west; and time as well with the two solstices and two equinoxes. The first cross is the intersection of the Galactic Equator with the ecliptic and the axis perpendicular to this intersection. When the Earth Cross and the Galactic Cross are superimposed they form an eight-pointed cross. There is a very interesting story about a turtle too that I believe is significant to those that studied that sort of thing like Mr. Pike. Just my two cents
bab-ilugateofgod.jpg
s symbol.jpg
STAR KEY.png
101_8322.JPG

The Masonic 8 sided star represents the Order of the Knight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Knight_Masons

Structure_of_Masonic_appendant_bodies_in_England_and_Wales.jpg

Attachments

• Theodore-Roosevelt's-diary-the-day-his-wife-and-mother-died,-1884.jpg
    Theodore-Roosevelt's-diary-the-day-his-wife-and-mother-died,-1884.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
West Virginia South of Beckley. near Sandstone in the New River Valley. I aslo lived in Harrisburg and worked at James Madison plumbing in their new chemistry lab. I am a sucker for a High's ice cream too!
Heh... JMU grad - Maj. Psychology/Min. Religion, 1977; Masters - Counseling Psychology, 1978. Ever go to the 'Bow Room (Elbow Room) in H'burg...? "Fave" Beer Joint; friend owned it... FREE BEER, WARM girls!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh... JMU grad - Maj. Psychology/Min. Religion, 1977; Masters - Counseling Psychology, 1978. Ever go to the 'Bow Room (Elbow Room) in H'burg...? "Fave" Beer Joint; friend owned it... FREE BEER, WARM girls!

You told me you were a grad there quite a while back when we firt met on line and we were talking about Benjamin Ficklin. I never got out much as far as the beer joint goes. I already had one of those warm girls you spoke of and she was prego at the time.:thumbsup:

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread