Copperhead

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
With the release of the new movie "Copperhead" by Ron Maxwell, the director of "Gettysburg"(1993) and "Gods and Generals" (2003) the terms 'Copperhead' and 'KGC' are terms that will not be unknown to our contemporaries. "Copperhead" is the story of an upstate New York family which comes under fire for their support of the Constitution and opposition to the war.

Here is a link to the movies website, Copperhead - The Movie
and be sure to see the trailer on youtube, "Copperhead" -- Official Trailer - YouTube

Uaagr

Greenie
Oct 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the heads up on the movie, I had not heard of it. Gods and Generals was one of my all time favorite movies, this guy knows how to do it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thank you for the heads up on the movie, I had not heard of it. Gods and Generals was one of my all time favorite movies, this guy knows how to do it.

YEAH! "Then" governor of Virginia, George Allen, was in GODS AND GENERALS, singing... "Hurrah, Hurrah! For the BONNIE BLUE FLAG, Hurrah!". I know him from Ch'ville, Va., when he was an attorney. Whenever I saw him, I would
start singing, "Hurrah!....". He would start laughing an yell my last name... :laughing9: BTW, Copper Heads were aka PEACE DEMOCRATS, then... against the CONFEDERATE WAR (TIRED of WAR), and wanted STATE RIGHTS. "Google" PEACE DEMOCRATS 8-)

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
cccalco, i enjoyed reading this thread about the copperheads. thanks to all who posted about them.
i am now 80 yrs.old and when as a 8-10 year old i heard my dad call pennies copperheads. dad was born in 1901 so i don't know if he just picked the name for a reason or not. at any rate, i now know partly why he used the term.
thanks again to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread