WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN????

WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN?

• YES

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
KGC was in the Lynchburg/Bedford County, Va. "area", SOUTH WEST to Roanoke County, Va. SOUTH to northern part of North Carolina & WEST to Tennessee; NASHVILLE was "HOME". Look for tomb-stones with "LINKED-CHAINS"; think KGC went "UNDERCOVER" as Order of Odd Fellows... dunno.
Remember the Odd Fellow Hall I mentioned on another thread and what was found there?
On CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock's large headstone in the Ocala cemetery are a Masonic symbol and the linked chain.
Benjamin and Breckinridge stayed at Bullock's Ocala home before fleeing the country.
Another coincidence?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Freemasons and I.O.O.F. were both groups of selected men in their orders. one black ball and they were an outcast. Depending on who was doing the black balling. They were both a buffet of young men to choose from, for ranks in the local K.G.C. castles. That is if they met the requirements of the K.G.C. and were firm on the negro. By this, one can assume that there were a lot of Masons and I.O.O.F. that were not firm, and were not therefore selected to be in the K.G.C.. We have identified Masonic and K.G.C. symbols on the same monuments, as well as Masonic and I.O.O.F. on the same monuments, but we have not at this point identified any I.O.O.F. and K.G.C. symbols together on the same thing.
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
John Wilkes Booth's body, or" A Dead Body of a person shot at Garrett's barn. sewn into a blanket") was taken back to Washington and then put aboard the USS Montauk. Once aboard the war ship it was decided by Secretary of War E. Stanton that an autopsy. should be performed on the body that was delivered by the secret service agents, still "sewn into a blanket", until it was opened below the ship's deck, out of sight, except for those men present in the room at that time.
AUTOPSY?? Why?.....
1) TO DETERMINE THE TIME AND CAUSE OF DEATH?
a. Sergeant Boston Corbett fatally shot the man in the neck through a crack in the side of the barn, in front of 25 or more uniformed witnesses in the bright light of a blazing barn. the wounded man died at aprox. 7:00am On April 24, 1865, 10 days after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln Cause of death....bullet through the neck.

2) TO DISFIGURE THE BODY BEYOND RECOGNITION?
a. There is logically no other reason to autopsy the body BEFORE IT WAS IDENTIFIED AS BOOTH

3) TO IDENTIFY THE CORPSE AS J.W. BOOTH?
a. Once aboard the Montauk Booth's remains were laid out on an improvised bier (a rough carpenter's bench). The horse blanket was removed, and a tarpaulin was placed over the body. A number of witnesses were called to identify the body.
b. the body which was haggard from 12 days of riding, rowing, and hiding in underbrush. had now been disfigured by the autopsy knife pealing it's face off, removing the brain, head and in the process dissecting a large section of spine from the remains, several people who knew Booth personally positively identified the body. Really??? imagine what the stinking pile of flesh looked like at that point. :sadsmiley:
c. One of these people was Dr. John Frederick May. Some time prior to the assassination, Dr. May had removed a large fibroid tumor from Booth's neck. Dr. May found a scar from his operation on the corpse's neck exactly where it should have been. Neck? what neck?
d. Booth's dentist, Dr. William Merrill, who had filled two teeth for Booth shortly before the assassination, pried open the corpse's mouth and positively identified his fillings. If Charley Sheen had just shot the President of the USA,and then got shot through the neck and killed, do you think they would have to identify him by dental records???:BangHead:
e.Charles Dawson, the clerk at the National Hotel where Booth was staying, examined the remains, saying "I distinctly recognize it as the body of J. Wilkes Booth - first, from the general appearance, next, from the India-ink letters, 'J.W.B.,' on his wrist, which I had very frequently noticed, and then by a scar on the neck. I also recognize the vest as that of J. Wilkes Booth." (As a boy Booth had his initials indelibly tattooed on the back of his left hand between his thumb and forefinger.) Thousands of fans and they ask the desk clerk to identify him? which is confirmed by a small tattoo of J.W.B. on his hand? in india ink? (postmortem tattoo?) "from the general appearance,"????:censored::BangHead:
b. the body which was haggard from 12 days of riding, rowing, and hiding in underbrush. had now been disfigured by the autopsy knife pealing it's face off, removing the brain, head and in the process dissecting a large section of spine from the remains, several people who knew Booth personally positively identified the body. Really??? imagine what the stinking pile of flesh looked like at that point.
How about his next of kin?? maybe they would know him??? why not have the famous actors family come on board and identify the remains of the man killed in Garrett's barn????
:laughing7:
L.C. Baker

The administration, led by Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, ordered that a single photograph be taken of Booth’s corpse on April 27, 1865, It hasn't been seen since, and its whereabouts are unknown.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
National Museum of Health and Medicine, America's oldest taxpayer-funded Cabinet of Curiosities.

For decades the museum was northwest of Washington DC, deep in government property, hidden behind the Walter Reed Army Medical Center -- the way one might hide a hideously deformed relative. In 2011 it moved to a new facility in Silver Spring, MD. It's a national treasure where each plastinated organ, skeleton and bone fragment has a tale to tell.

Sir,
I have the honor to report that in compliance with your orders, assisted by Dr. Woodward, USA, I made at 2 PM this day, a postmortem examination of the body of J. Wilkes Booth, lying on board the Monitor Montauk off the Navy Yard.

The left leg and foot were encased in an appliance of splints and bandages, upon the removal of which, a fracture of the fibula (small bone of the leg) 3 inches above the ankle joint, accompanied by considerable ecchymosis, was discovered.

The cause of death was a gun shot wound in the neck - the ball entering just behind the sterno-cleido muscle - 2 1/2 inches above the clavicle - passing through the bony bridge of fourth and fifth cervical vertebrae - severing the spinal chord (sic) and passing out through the body of the sterno-cleido of right side, 3 inches above the clavicle.

Paralysis of the entire body was immediate, and all the horrors of consciousness of suffering and death must have been present to the assassin during the two hours he lingered. no confession???

Let's hear it from the Dr. himself:
Case JWB: Was killed April 26, 1865, by a conoidal pistol ball, fired at the distance of a few yards, from a cavalry revolver. The missile perforated the base of the right lamina of the 4th cervical vertebra, fracturing it longitudinally and separating it by a fissure from the spinous process, at the same time fracturing the 5th vertebra through its pedicle, and involving that transverse process. The projectile then transversed the spinal canal almost horizontally but with a slight inclination downward and backward, perforating the cord which was found much torn and discolored with blood (see Specimen 4087 Sect. I AMM). The ball then shattered the bases of the left 4th and 5th laminae, driving bony fragments among the muscles, and made its exit at the left side of the neck, nearly opposite the point of entrance. It avoided the 2nd and 3rd cervical nerves. These facts were determined at autopsy which was made on April 28. Immediately after the reception of the injury, there was very general paralysis. The phrenic nerves performed their function, but the respiration was diaphragmatic, of course, labored and slow. Deglutition was impracticable, and one or two attempts at articulation were unintelligible. Death, from asphyxia, took place about two hours after the reception of the injury.

DEGLUTITION. : The act or process of swallowing.
Articulation :The act of vocal expression; utterance or enunciation:

So....Dr. Woodson, is telling us right there in black and red that the victim made one or two attempts to talk but was not able to say a word. He could tell that by examining the body?? OR>>>>"HE IS COVERING E. STANTON'S A$$" in compliance with Stanton's orders to do so. Why else would a guy working on a dead body say anything about the dead guy not being able to talk?:occasion14:
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"Paralysis of the entire body was immediate, and all the horrors of consciousness of suffering and death must have been present to the assassin"

The public for which we stand,( :icon_salut::icon_salut:) deserved to know that the assassin was captured and he suffered a lot and felt death creeping up on him. Because that would help heal the wound (Abe's Death) and the fact that the assassin was not able to speak, put an immediate closure on the assassination conspiracy......at least Stanton hoped it would.
Baker:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, if Booth was trying to escape capture, and Edward Stanton was in on the assassination of Lincoln, then Mr. Stanton would be giving Booth the only true escape possible for him. "Death" or at least a faked death of another man that was in Garrett's barn. If the war department said it was Booth, then nobody on earth would have been happier to hear that than the escaping John Wilkes Booth.
David Harold said the man in the barn with him that night was named "Boyd" not J.W. Booth.

Baker

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
for god's sake, this thread has outlived its purpose. There is a vote to decide whether or not he was a paid assassin, and here's the deal; the vote is at 50-50. I say next vote wins, the poll gets locked and this is settled once and for all. with such experts on T-nets, it will undoubtedly be referenced to textbooks and Wikipedia will soon be changed with a link to the source and it will be forever decided right here, right now, as to whether or not he was a "paid assassin". Make the next vote count, I'll eagerly be awaiting the results. I have the telephone numbers to several famous historians, I'll notify them shortly thereafter if they personally are not following this thread (it would surprise me if they arn't).

View Poll Results: WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN?

Voters

YES
7 50.00%

NO
7 50.00%

I'd vote but it doesn't really matter what I think, cause I'm a rapper and not a historian. I personally combine the two theories to make it sound elegant, like a good song, and offer my personal opinion (and I stress, OPINION), of that of being that big bad booth, was an unpaid assasin, he didn't need the $, there wasn't much to do back in the 1860s anyway. Remember though, it does not matter what I think, and please go along with the better and actually professional and well researched theories of the two poll options, hence the reason why I did not want to be the deciding vote.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Remember the Odd Fellow Hall I mentioned on another thread and what was found there?
On CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock's large headstone in the Ocala cemetery are a Masonic symbol and the linked chain.
Benjamin and Breckinridge stayed at Bullock's Ocala home before fleeing the country.
Another coincidence?

I DO remember... it is why I "linked" KGC & OOF or IOOF; NOT a coincidence, based on what I "know" now.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
for god's sake, this thread has outlived its purpose. There is a vote to decide whether or not he was a paid assassin, and here's the deal; the vote is at 50-50. I say next vote wins, the poll gets locked and this is settled once and for all. with such experts on T-nets, it will undoubtedly be referenced to textbooks and Wikipedia will soon be changed with a link to the source and it will be forever decided right here, right now, as to whether or not he was a "paid assassin". Make the next vote count, I'll eagerly be awaiting the results. I have the telephone numbers to several famous historians, I'll notify them shortly thereafter if they personally are not following this thread (it would surprise me if they arn't).

I'd vote but it doesn't really matter what I think, cause I'm a rapper and not a historian. I personally combine the two theories to make it sound elegant, like a good song, and offer my personal opinion (and I stress, OPINION), of that of being that big bad booth, was an unpaid assasin, he didn't need the $, there wasn't much to do back in the 1860s anyway. Remember though, it does not matter what I think, and please go along with the better and actually professional and well researched theories of the two poll options, hence the reason why I did not want to be the deciding vote.

LOL!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I DO remember... it is why I "linked" KGC & OOF or IOOF; NOT a coincidence, based on what I "know" now.
Franklin told me the meaning of the carved heart with the down pointing arrow that was carved on the door.That building was demolished in the '60's and is not a posted overgrown lot.Wish I did more exploring in there when I was a kid!...but it was an old wooden clapboard structure with rotting floors in the late '50's.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Franklin told me the meaning of the carved heart with the down pointing arrow that was carved on the door.That building was demolished in the '60's and is not a posted overgrown lot.Wish I did more exploring in there when I was a kid!...but it was an old wooden clapboard structure with rotting floors in the late '50's.

Can you "MD" it, then...?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

I hope you are right about the historians .50
LOL Baker :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you "MD" it, then...?
It is fenced and posted,located behind the Jewish cemetary that the Benjamin brothers are buried,and is in plain view from Magnolia Ave...So I do not think so.
Not far away from this location,is an unkempt Confederate cemetary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
In a round of "K.G.C. diplomacy", Judah P. Benjamin sent commercial agents of the K.G.C. to the Caribbean to negotiate opening ports in Bermuda, the West Indies, and Cuba to Confederate blockade runners to maintain supplies, which the Union was trying to prevent. After mid-1863, the system was expanded and "brought rich rewards to investors, shipowners, and the Confederate Army".
It was during this time that Benjamin would become acquainted with Lincoln's biggest enemy, and the men that would have him assassinated in April of 1865.
After Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox Court House in April 1865, Judah P. Benjamin fled south with Jefferson Davis and the rest of his cabinet, but he left the group shortly before they reached Washington, Georgia, where they held their last meeting.
In the immediate aftermath of the end of the war, Benjamin and Davis were rumored to have masterminded the assassination of Abraham Lincoln through the Confederate intelligence apparatus. They were at that time in communication with the group of K.G.C. already positioned to kidnap Lincoln, so it was easy to change kidnap to kill.
L.C. Baker

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It is fenced and posted,located behind the Jewish cemetary that the Benjamin brothers are buried,and is in plain view from Magnolia Ave...So I do not think so.

Benjamin Brothers?
He moved to Paris, where his daughter Ninette and three grandchildren lived. He died there on May 6, 1884, and was interred at Père Lachaise Cemetery

This is not the Benjamin you are talking about is it?
Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

ANOTHER CLUE! Contact your nearby SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS group; they will "upkeep" it ALL!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Benjamin Brothers?
He moved to Paris, where his daughter Ninette and three grandchildren lived. He died there on May 6, 1884, and was interred at Père Lachaise Cemetery

This is not the Benjamin you are talking about is it?
Baker
Simon and Solomon Benjamin were the cousins of Judah P Benjamin and David Levy Yulee.May 1865,J P Benjamin stayed at the home of CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock of Ocala and at his cousins house.The Benjamins formed the first ice plant in Ocala,near the Union station and their home in the Tuscuwilla section of Ocala,and in 1884, along with Bullock and Union Gen Joshua Chamberlain,formed the Silver Springs,Ocala,& Gulf Railroad,a narrow gauge railroad that went from Silver Springs(a riverboat landing at that time)to the former Homosassa plantation of Yulee,that Chamberlain had purchased for development.
CSA Capt John H Martin of Ocala,Marion Light Artillery and a member of the Confederate Congress,was also involved in several business ventures with the above.
After CSA Capt J J Dickinson repelled the 3rd Union Colored Infantry's raid on Marshall's plantation on the Oklawaha River,Marion county became free of all Union intervention,and proved to be a safe haven in May 1865 for the escape of Benjamin,Breckinridge,and John Taylor Wood.
Other players in their escape down the Oklawaha to Ocala included CSA Col Hubbart L Hart(HARTLINE STEAMBOAT LINE) on the JAMES BURT,Lola Sanchez,CSA spy from Palatka,and Elizabeth Anne DeBruhl Marshall(Marshall Plantation)and of the Marshalls of Abbeville,SC (White Hall Plantation)where Davis,Benjamin,and Breckinridge stayed.April 19,1865 during their flight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the info ECS, It seems that I will never reach the end of this research trail. The more I study the more I am compelled to study.....:icon_thumleft: L.C. Baker

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Simon and Solomon Benjamin were the cousins of Judah P Benjamin and David Levy Yulee.May 1865,J P Benjamin stayed at the home of CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock of Ocala and at his cousins house.The Benjamins formed the first ice plant in Ocala,near the Union station and their home in the Tuscuwilla section of Ocala,and in 1884, along with Bullock and Union Gen Joshua Chamberlain,formed the Silver Springs,Ocala,& Gulf Railroad,a narrow gauge railroad that went from Silver Springs(a riverboat landing at that time)to the former Homosassa plantation of Yulee,that Chamberlain had purchased for development.
CSA Capt John H Martin of Ocala,Marion Light Artillery and a member of the Confederate Congress,was also involved in several business ventures with the above.
After CSA Capt J J Dickinson repelled the 3rd Union Colored Infantry's raid on Marshall's plantation on the Oklawaha River,Marion county became free of all Union intervention,and proved to be a safe haven in May 1865 for the escape of Benjamin,Breckinridge,and John Taylor Wood.
Other players in their escape down the Oklawaha to Ocala included CSA Col Hubbart L Hart(HARTLINE STEAMBOAT LINE) on the JAMES BURT,Lola Sanchez,CSA spy from Palatka,and Elizabeth Anne DeBruhl Marshall(Marshall Plantation)and of the Marshalls of Abbeville,SC (White Hall Plantation)where Davis,Benjamin,and Breckinridge stayed.April 19,1865 during their flight.

I read somewhere that @ 2 millions $$$$$$$$$$ was buried by the REBELS on Marshall Plantation in a dried up well (A VAULT!); "mounded up" and "topped off" with an Acacia Tree (related to FreeMasons). Dunno, I'm not there...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I read somewhere that @ 2 millions $$$$$$$$$$ was buried by the REBELS on Marshall Plantation in a dried up well (A VAULT!); "mounded up" and "topped off" with an Acacia Tree (related to FreeMasons). Dunno, I'm not there...
I have never heard that and will look into it.
The 1860 Marion County Tax Records that the Marshall Plantation consisted of 3700 acres and 83 slaves.CSA Col Jehu Foster Marshall was killed at the 2nd Battle of Manassas,Aug 1862,and his widow,Elizabeth Anne DeBruhl Marshall ran the Ocala plantation and supplied goods to the Confederacy by way of Hubbart Hart's steamboat line.She was at the plantation during the Union raid,March 10,1865.It has been rumoured that she recieved some compensation from Benjamin and Breckinridge during their stay in Ocala.
David Cook,a local historian and writer for the OCALA STAR BANNER wrote a great article on the raid for the paper,Nov 24,1991.Google -FEDERAL TROOPS RAID PLANTATION IN INVASION OF MARION COUNTY.
Other CSA treasure stories in Marion county include buried kegs of gold& silver specie at CSA Fort Brook in Orange Springs on the Oklawaha,and at CSA Capt J J Dickinson's Sunnyside Plantation,also in Orange Springs.
Part of the Marshall Plantation is now A board hiking Cross Florida Trail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread