KGC leads/stories in North Louisiana?

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking for leads/stories of the KGC in North Louisiana. I have read references of deposits south of ElDorado, Ark. and north of Alexandria, La. I have located a couple possible Hoot Owl/trail trees so far. The signs are scarce however, due to logging and new housing developments in this area. Any help would be appreciated.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
research the missing state bank funds collected for the Confederacy that were headed out of state when the civil war ended, never to be seen again but once............g

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi gldhntr. Thanks for the clue. I've been looking online, but so far no luck. Guess I'll have to dig deeper. Being a newbie here, I hope I'm not on a snipe hunt. LOL Just kidding. BTW, what is your opinion about map dowsing and long distance locators? I have two confederate refugee treasures possibly located, but am trying to figure out how to narrow down the search area. From my research, this is an area no more than 1/4 to 1/2 mile square.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
have seen enough with experienced map dowsers to know there IS something to it, and there are two who, if they dowsed a map for me, and it meant i needed to walk through 5 miles of inpenetrable forest to get to the coordinates, i would go.....have tried several types locators and for the most part they are expensive trash that accomplish nothing but users excercise....read carl morelands website for feild tests and autopsys on several of these units....i am not saying that all do not work as i have seen one that does, perfectly...but, you can not get one of them so its point is mute........gldhntr

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D Boatow (or something like that), is your "man on the ground" there... ;)

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hey boattow. From the posts I've read, you seem to know alot about the KGC. Any information you are willing to share would be great! I am also looking for leads on Jesse James in my area. I've found one reference about loot buried, but the area is so general that it's going to be tough to narrow it down.

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Here are a couple of trees that could be KGC. Tell me what you think. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with clues/stories. Keep them coming please. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,149
  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 967
  • tree3.jpg
    tree3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,057
  • tree4.jpg
    tree4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • tree6.jpg
    tree6.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 971
  • tree7.jpg
    tree7.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 941

magnsdad

Oct 25, 2006
Mansfield La.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Hi Point hunter. The Pictures you have look real close to the ones I have here in west Louisiana. There is a webpage that has the book Jesse James was One of his names that you can read for free. In the book Jesse called a emergency meeting to rescue the soldiers that were in the crossfire with Maximillion and the Mexicans. The meeting was in Oak Grove La. I have some more info on that. If you send me your Email I will send you the link and give you my Phone number. A piece of chalk and wire brush would help outline your pics too. I just finished the book by Roy Roush on how to find KGC treasure and it did give some help. I think talking to Roy gave the most Info.Also Rebel Gold gave some good Info too. Roger

Kisatchie

Feb 20, 2007
Winnfield, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hello, I am another fellow Louisianian, and I am from the Winnfield area. I am just starting to read about the KGC, and it is very interesting. I am not that familiar with this yet, but I am trying to find all I can about the KCG and also the West/Kimbrell Clan. I am located right in the heart of where the West Clan originated and later come to its destruction. Also I have family that are from the area of the Neutral Strip of Sabine and Natchitoches parish during the bad land days. In fact my GGGgrandfather was always thought to have been a victim of the West Clan while heading out on a trip into Texas to purchase cattle, and never returning. Later a man was discovered in a well not far from the old homeplace, but discovered too late to identify the remains. He was never heard from again. With all this family and local history I cant help but be interested.

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. I didn't realize there was a connection between the KGC and the West/Kimbrell clan, but it does make sense. I did research them a few years ago, but my memory is a little fuzzy. I'll have to go back and do some review. Any info you care to share, I would like to hear. I grew up about 45 minutes east of you on Hwy. 84. There are more treasure tales down there than I knew about growing up. Any leads I have, I don't mind sharing. Several are in the Georgetown area. Just let me know.

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. I haven't posted for awhile, but have been active during these hot months with research. I have found many connections with Jesse James and the Youngers in this area. It seems they spent alot of time both in North Louisiana and Texas. A very informative group I joined on Yahoo is "Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery." There is so much new information on the KGC and Jesse James it will take interested members a good while just to read it all. The most interesting lead I am still looking for is that Jesse James had a plantation in this area.
I am really looking forward to the cooler winter months, it's past time to get back into the field and search for clues.

OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. I posted in another thread regarding the KGC, should hard earned information be shared with other members. I've decided to post pics of one site I found using what I have termed "directional trees." These trees are very different than the traditional "hoot owl trees" that most KGC hunters are familiar with. This particular directional tree is located on what was the main stage road through this area. I have noticed that these are usually very old trees located on the original trails. The limbs have been modified very high up, usually 20 to 40 feet or so. The most common are shaped like 1/2 of a goal post or 2 bends placed in the limb reminding you of a backwards z. Like hoot owl trees, the direction of travel is where the bend is pointing. IMHO, these were placed so travelers on horseback would spot them from some distance away. There are other variations to this, but that should be enough to get you started.
So, I've stepped up and revealed one technique to use that hopefully will help other serious members on their quest. The best time to find these trees is in the winter, when there are no leaves. Please take a look at the pics and give me your opinion of the signs.

Attachments

• tree5.jpg
    tree5.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 657
  • tree4.jpg
    tree4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 777
  • tree3.jpg
    tree3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 812
  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 933
  • tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 770
  • tree6.jpg
    tree6.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 791
OP
OP
point hunter

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi. Here is some information that River Rat posted in the Louisana section. I thought I would post the link here for the members that missed it.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,154198.0.html

I've also recently came across a story about Jesse James in the Sicily Island area. If I am able to gather more information, I'll be glad to post it. I haven't had the time this winter/spring to work sites I have already found. Due to family illness, work, etc. I hope to get out soon and take some more pictures. I want to thank the members that have responded and given me helpful information regarding carved sign interpretation. Any stories about Jesse James, his gang, or the KGC being in this area I would really like to hear them.

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
i was born and raised in center Texas just west of the Sabine river . there is a cave a few miles south of center that the oldtimers say Jessy and his gang hideout one whole winter before going back north,the cave is known as the sandhill cave ,i have been in this cave many times about 50 years ago and i seem to remember seeing Jessy James carved in the wall also he had kin that lived swift Texas so the story goes, hope this will be of some help. might check the Shelby co. historical office. whitt459

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread