The Finished Ashlar

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone else out there ever used this to help decipher a Knights of the Golden Circle cache? It is part of the proof that Freemasons and K.G.C. were quite fond of each other. I have begun to think that a certain degree of Knight in the K,G.C. had to already be a 33rd degree Freemason to qualify.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:
Morals and Dogma by A. Pike

three faces, and nine external lines, drawn between
seven points. The complete cube has three more faces, making
six; three more lines, making twelve; and one more point, making
eight. As the number 13 includes the sacred numbers 3, 5, 7, and
3 times 3, or 9, and is produced by adding the sacred number 3 to
9 ; while its own two figures, 1, 2, the unit or monad, and duad,
added together, make the same sacred number 3 ; it was called the
perfect number ; and the cube became the symbol of perfection.

3-5-7 appear in the Knights insignia

kgc triangle.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Has anyone else out there ever used this to help decipher a Knights of the Golden Circle cache? It is part of the proof that Freemasons and K.G.C. were quite fond of each other. I have begun to think that a certain degree of Knight in the K,G.C. had to already be a 33rd degree Freemason to qualify.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:
Morals and Dogma by A. Pike

three faces, and nine external lines, drawn between
seven points. The complete cube has three more faces, making
six; three more lines, making twelve; and one more point, making
eight. As the number 13 includes the sacred numbers 3, 5, 7, and
3 times 3, or 9, and is produced by adding the sacred number 3 to
9 ; while its own two figures, 1, 2, the unit or monad, and duad,
added together, make the same sacred number 3 ; it was called the
perfect number ; and the cube became the symbol of perfection.

3-5-7 appear in the Knights insignia

View attachment 866856

3 x 3 is PURE Royal Arch within the York Rite...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can not match this shape to sacred geometry. It is part of a golden rectangle, not complete. What the heck could it be telling me about?

From UK; Hermetic Mystery... depends on "location". :coffee2: Have some WASSAIL! :hello2: KGC may have "hidden" within the Theosophy movement of 1885, utilizing some of THEIR symbols...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can not match this shape to sacred geometry. It is part of a golden rectangle, not complete. What the heck could it be telling me about?

YOUR OP was about the "Finished Ashlar"... "Squaring the Ashlar" means the DRESSED STONE is ready... otherwise, it would be the ROUGH ASHLAR (STONE). It has to be Rectangle; YOU quoted Albert Pike. Tell MORE about the "Relic", as it sounds like an old Scottish Rite "Ball" that opens up to a cross, with lots of symbols; ex-father-in-law showed me his father's relic; a SR Ball; VERY rare.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I was under the impression that a finished ashlar was square not rectangle like a brick.

LOL! "Squaring one's actions" in life; SYMBOL - SQUARE; OPERATIVE (Stone Mason)... HAS to be a Rectangle. You may be thinking of a "Dressed Stone".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As above, so below...
That phrase first appeared in the EMERALD TABLE,the earliest known discription of the hermetic art of alchemy.It has been claimed that it was carved on an emerald tablet by Hermes Trismegistus,a Greek god,whom legend attibutes the foundation of alchemy.
The Count de Saint-Germain,a member of the Rose-Croix and was known by Thomas Jefferson,was a noted alchemist in Paris.The Freemasons archives note that he attended the Masonic Congress in Paris,Feb 15,1785,which also included members of the Rose-Croix,the Illuminati,Cabalists,and Humanitarians.
In alchemy,the Ashlar refers to the Asch Mezareph,the Book of Abraham the Jew,containing the knowledge of the Jewish Cabbala.
There are many crossovers from all of these societies,even the KGC.Coincidence?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That phrase first appeared in the EMERALD TABLE,the earliest known discription of the hermetic art of alchemy.It has been claimed that it was carved on an emerald tablet by Hermes Trismegistus,a Greek god,whom legend attibutes the foundation of alchemy.
The Count de Saint-Germain,a member of the Rose-Croix and was known by Thomas Jefferson,was a noted alchemist in Paris.The Freemasons archives note that he attended the Masonic Congress in Paris,Feb 15,1785,which also included members of the Rose-Croix,the Illuminati,Cabalists,and Humanitarians.
In alchemy,the Ashlar refers to the Asch Mezareph,the Book of Abraham the Jew,containing the knowledge of the Jewish Cabbala.
There are many crossovers from all of these societies,even the KGC.Coincidence?

YEP! KGC did have "influence" from 'em... EMERALD TABLET was important. KABBALAH was used in "numbers for letters codings"; we think THOSE are the FIGURES alluded to in the Beale Ciphers... Jewish Letters to NUMBERS for ENGLISH letters.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! "Squaring one's actions" in life; SYMBOL - SQUARE; OPERATIVE (Stone Mason)... HAS to be a Rectangle. You may be thinking of a "Dressed Stone".

That makes more sense because of the length of one's life. Maybe what I am seeing in the symbol is a representation of both shapes.....?
kgc symbol9.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That makes more sense because of the length of one's life. Maybe what I am seeing in the symbol is a representation of both shapes.....?
View attachment 871812

The Square would be "3"; To make Rectangle, try 3 x 3... "Length of one's life"; baby/child/teen (to 18), YOUNG adult, OLD adult. VERY similar in Buddhist "Way of Life" (Theosophy) & WESTERN Esoterism. After 1885, KGC went ESOTERIC...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread