Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can not tie any of the knights that are involved in these operations to the K.K.K. At the level I am dealing with, they would not have associated with vigilante groups attacking negros. These gentlemen were more political and government level folks.
That is what I know of them.
L.C.:thumbsup:

OK...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I can not tie any of the knights that are involved in these operations to the K.K.K. At the level I am dealing with, they would not have associated with vigilante groups attacking negros. These gentlemen were more political and government level folks.
That is what I know of them.
L.C.:thumbsup:
Albert Pike was involved with Nathan Bedford Forrest in its formation,which was a resistance effort against the Republican enforced RECONSTRUCTION politicians,carpetbaggers,and scalawags.Forrest disbanded the group in 1869 after some of its activities got out of hand.
For a controversial look at Pike and his involvement in this group:
http://theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/scottishriteproject.htm
Biography of Nathan Bedford Forrest:
www.nathanbedfordforrest.net/biography.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Albert Pike was involved with Nathan Bedford Forrest in its formation,which was a resistance effort against the Republican enforced RECONSTRUCTION politicians,carpetbaggers,and scalawags.Forrest disbanded the group in 1869 after some of its activities got out of hand.
For a controversial look at Pike and his involvement in this group:
The Scottish Rite's KKK Project
Biography of Nathan Bedford Forrest:
Nathan Bedford Forrest: Biography

Albert Pike was a genius that spoke 7 languages. He was self taught in more areas than you can shake a stick at. If you would read his book Morals and Dogma, you would see that his beliefs and the K.K.K. are not on the same grid. He did not believe in the mistreating of negros. You can't always believe what you read.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There are certainly great evils of civilization at this day, and
many questions of humanity long adjourned and put off. The
hideous aspect of pauperism, the debasement and vice in our cities,
tell us by their eloquent silence or in inarticulate mutterings, that
the rich and the powerful and the intellectual do not do their duty
by the poor, the feeble, and the ignorant ; and every wretched
woman that lives, Heaven scarce knows how, by making shirts at
sixpence each, attests the injustice and inhumanity of man. There
are cruelties to slaves, and worse cruelties to animals, each disgraceful
to their perpetrators, and equally unwarranted by the
lawful relation of control and dependence which it has pleased
God to create.

Albert Pike M&D

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Albert Pike was a genius that spoke 7 languages. He was self taught in more areas than you can shake a stick at. If you would read his book Morals and Dogma, you would see that his beliefs and the K.K.K. are not on the same grid. He did not believe in the mistreating of negros. You can't always believe what you read.

AP was ALSO an Attorney...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There are certainly great evils of civilization at this day, and
many questions of humanity long adjourned and put off. The
hideous aspect of pauperism, the debasement and vice in our cities,
tell us by their eloquent silence or in inarticulate mutterings, that
the rich and the powerful and the intellectual do not do their duty
by the poor, the feeble, and the ignorant ; and every wretched
woman that lives, Heaven scarce knows how, by making shirts at
sixpence each, attests the injustice and inhumanity of man. There
are cruelties to slaves, and worse cruelties to animals, each disgraceful
to their perpetrators, and equally unwarranted by the
lawful relation of control and dependence which it has pleased
God to create.

Albert Pike M&D

M & D by Albert Pike is "on-line"; HEAVY!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
M & D by Albert Pike is "on-line"; HEAVY!

It is a question of moral fibre, of which, N.B. Forrest and those that belonged to the K.K.K. lacked. It was also a matter of intellectual dignity which Albert Pike was made of, and he would not have stooped to the deeds that gave the K.K.K. their reputation.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Granted he was responsible for the C.S.A. Indians he was put in command of, and their mutilation of the Union soldiers bodies at I believe Pea Ridge, but I may be mistaken of the battle. It was what Indians did, it is how they rolled into battle. They mutilated and scalped the dead bodies of their enemies to scare the sh@ out of their enemies! It wasn't Pikes fault that it happened. He was as much a witness to it as everybody else in the C.S.A. It mortified people......:happysmiley:
Jefferson Davis issued him a full pardon and reassigned him to another position....(K.G.C.):dontknow:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a question of moral fibre, of which, N.B. Forrest and those that belonged to the K.K.K. lacked. It was also a matter of intellectual dignity which Albert Pike was made of, and he would not have stooped to the deeds that gave the K.K.K. their reputation.
Are you claiming that Pike did not know,or was ever involved with Forrest?
Also,Forrest DISBANDED that group in 1869 because of the deeds they committed,which were not in line with the resistance to the injustices forced on the South due to Reconstruction.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Also,Forrest DISBANDED that group in 1869 because of the deeds they committed,which were not in line with the resistance to the injustices forced on the South due to Reconstruction.

I guess I am claiming that Albert Pike had a moral conflict with the agenda of the K.k.K.. Now if that was before or after 1869 I can not say. The moral fibre was in his make up as a man, so i can't imagine him involved with the K.K.K. on any level that inflicted direct harm and torcher to negros.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I am claiming that Albert Pike had a moral conflict with the agenda of the K.k.K.. Now if that was before or after 1869 I can not say. The moral fibre was in his make up as a man, so i can't imagine him involved with the K.K.K. on any level that inflicted direct harm and torcher to negros.
Much of that activity occured after it was reformed in the 1880's.
Read the obituary of N B Forrest that appeared in the NEW YORK TIMES,Oct 30,1877,and take notice of what was NOT mentioned:
Death of Gen. Forrest
It is also mentioned that he wrote a letter to President Johnson in 1869 concerning Reconstruction.
Forrest was a complicated paradox man of his times,then again,so was Albert Pike.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Now as far as setting up the organization in the beginning, that may be a different story, but the K.K.K. was a different organization in the beginning. The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army.The name is probably derived from the Greek word kuklos (κύκλος) which means circle, suggesting a circle or band of brothers. This sounds a lot like the K.G.C. and the O.A.K. and the Freemasons. But I read that Ku Klux Klan Founders are:
J. Calvin Jones
Frank O. McCord
John B. Kennedy
John C. Lester
James R. Crowe
Richard R. Reed

No Albert Pike on that list??? No N.B. Forrest??? L.C. Baker

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not read the list and should find its location.It must have required looking up those named, a list from my hometown is alleged to have Blacks listed as clan members.List was found stored with robes.
As told to me in this northern state it was an I do business with you and you do business with me social thing..
Yes that is at odds with most accounts but worth looking into down the road during research in the area.
Seeing part of believing to be sure, yet such a group might explain someones involvement that favored emancipation.At least till other clans actions turned violent.
Food for thought, not trying to upset anyone.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If you read my first link,you will note that during the spring of 1867,Pike met with several former Generals of the CSA at the Maxwell House in Nashville to form the Knights of the...,and yes,Forrest was on of those attending.They may have borrowed the kuklos because it was already established and did mean circle,and built it from there.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If you read my first link,you will note that during the spring of 1867,Pike met with several former Generals of the CSA at the Maxwell House in Nashville to form the Knights of the...,and yes,Forrest was on of those attending.They may have borrowed the kuklos because it was already established and did mean circle,and built it from there.

It is hard to say what took place at a meeting that long ago, where no minutes were kept. One's imagination can get away from him. Albert Pike was on a strategic level with generals and presidents, as well as Freemasons and K.G.C., all with commanding positions. I imagine the K.K.K. to be like the boy scouts compared to the supreme organizations that Pike helped to create and form. It is hard for me to see him stoop to that level. My opinion.......

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

AGREE; "google" ORIGINAL KKK; ex-REBS against YANKS "Reconstruction" & DESTRUCTION of the Southern "Way of Life"... NO MO "Southern Gentlemen/women". TO BE YANKEE-FIED. HA! KKK turned "NASTY", later...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread