Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As I was saying before we got off on the K.K.K. thing, which was a good discussion anyway....

:dontknow:Seating Arrangement in the Castle
Who sat where inside the K.G.C. Castle during a meeting? In the North? East? West? and South? Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks for your input, L.C. Baker

Are you asking for NAMES of ppl, or just the Officers "positions", like Worshipful Master, Senior Warden, Junior Warden... etc...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
R & I indicate from the BY-LAWS of the Castroville Castle (KGC); CAPTAIN, LIEUTENANT, TREASURER, SECRETARY & GUIDE (Inspector?). (Approved August 16th, 1861).
Dues were 10 cents/month. NO East/West/South/North orientations were indicated.
Members of the Castle were known as Cavaliers...

PRE-KGC ORDERS are Knights of the Lone Star & Knights of the Columbian Star...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The CAPTAIN was the presiding officer, the Lieutenant was "2nd-in-command"; there was ALSO a SERGEANT, with a ROLL CALL... sounds like based on Military Formation. The "Order of Business" is indicated in Article 24 of the By-Laws; we can only surmise what went on... there were THREE Degrees. The three degrees empowered Cavaliers to become 1) Knights of the Iron Hand; 2) Knights of the True Faith; 3) Knights of the Columbian Star.

BTW, Castroville is in TEXAS! Go get 'em, TJ!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The CAPTAIN was the presiding officer, the Lieutenant was "2nd-in-command"; there was ALSO a SERGEANT, with a ROLL CALL... sounds like based on Military Formation. The "Order of Business" is indicated in Article 24 of the By-Laws; we can only surmise what went on... there were THREE Degrees. The three degrees empowered Cavaliers to become 1) Knights of the Iron Hand; 2) Knights of the True Faith; 3) Knights of the Columbian Star.

BTW, Castroville is in TEXAS! Go get 'em, TJ!

Do you know if any of the K.G.C. positions were orientated with the lodge jewels? Moon, Rising Sun etc?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you think that a persons position in the U.S. Judicial system would influence their position in a K.G.C. Castle? Would it effect their qualifications for a particular placement in the order? The reason I ask this is because of two leaders in the hierarchy that were in two different castles, that had each a liutenent that was a U.S. Judge. Not the same judge, two different judges.
Thanks for your help, L.C. Baker

PS The K.G.C. liked U.S. Judges8-)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Do you think that a persons position in the U.S. Judicial system would influence their position in a K.G.C. Castle? Would it effect their qualifications for a particular placement in the order? The reason I ask this is because of two leaders in the hierarchy that were in two different castles, that had each a liutenent that was a U.S. Judge. Not the same judge, two different judges.
Thanks for your help, L.C. Ba

PS The K.G.C. liked U.S. Judges8-)

TRUE...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am beginning to think that their fondness of the judicial system was to help them make the LAWS and aloud them to collect Government revenue. Just my two cents.
L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I am beginning to think that their fondness of the judicial system was to help them make the LAWS and aloud them to collect Government revenue. Just my two cents.

L.C.

OR! To "BY-PASS" laws; especially in WESTERN Expansions, "post"-Confederate War.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THINK! Post-CONFEDERATE WAR; CSA REBS, who did not surrender, became Confederados; then Desperados; OUTSIDE the Laws... wanted by US Gov't ARMY in the MID-WEST; then the FAR-WEST. LOTS of Robber Barons, etc. WHAT a HISTORY!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There were REBEL "Conclaves" in Mexico City, Cuba... NEW REBEL cities in BRAZIL, SA. "Google" Americana... they even have a SCV chapter down there! AND! It was ALL part of the ORIGINAL KGC "Vision" of the GOLDEN CIRCLE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading about the Confederados. GREAT STUFF! This caught my eye: "Many Southerners who had lost their land during the war, were unwilling to live under a conquering army". That is so true about the K.G.C., that is why they kept it going strong for so long after 1865.
Thanks.
L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reading about the Confederados. GREAT STUFF! This caught my eye: "Many Southerners who had lost their land during the war, were unwilling to live under a conquering army". That is so true about the K.G.C., that is why they kept it going strong for so long after 1865.
Thanks.
L.C.

Yep...

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
Form of the Castle
Secretary Captian Treasurer
Guidexxxxxxxxxx Inspector
xxxxxxxxLieutenant Sergeant

Dress
Blue flannel shirt, over vest, and in pantaloons
Captain-Red cotton sash around waist
LT-blue
Insp-white
Guide-yellow
Serg-black
Secty-white, over right and under left shoulder
Treas-yellow in same way

Arms
Capt-sword
Lt-none
Insp-sword
Guide-musket
Serg-sword
Secty-none
Treas-none

Source for this info is J.W Pomfrey, Governor-General of the state of Kentucky, Captain-General for the county of Kenton. Entered according to Act of Congress 1861

Last edited:

Walker Colt

Oct 19, 2009
Texas
I had to add the x's to the form of castle to get officers in the right place. Everytime I posted the website moved them aligned left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Form of the Castle
Secretary Captian Treasurer
Guidexxxxxxxxxx Inspector
xxxxxxxxLieutenant Sergeant

Dress
Blue flannel shirt, over vest, and in pantaloons
Captain-Red cotton sash around waist
LT-blue
Insp-white
Guide-yellow
Serg-black
Secty-white, over right and under left shoulder
Treas-yellow in same way

Arms
Capt-sword
Lt-none
Insp-sword
Guide-musket
Serg-sword
Secty-none
Treas-none

Source for this info is J.W Pomfrey, Governor-General of the state of Kentucky, Captain-General for the county of Kenton. Entered according to Act of Congress 1861

Thank you for posting that. It is good information.
Thanks, L.C. Baker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions