Knights of the Golden Circle Infinity Symbol

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"8" Continuous line in the shape of an 8 in any position.
CONTINUOUS like the Brothers of Lasting Faith that used it. Has anyone out there ever used this Symbol to locate a K.G.C. cache? How was it used in your situation? Inquiring minds would like to know what you think about it.
Thanks for your input, L.C. Baker:notworthy:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"8" Continuous line in the shape of an 8 in any position.
CONTINUOUS like the Brothers of Lasting Faith that used it. Has anyone out there ever used this Symbol to locate a K.G.C. cache? How was it used in your situation? Inquiring minds would like to know what you think about it.
Thanks for your input, L.C. Baker:notworthy:

Infinity is USUALLY horizontal...:icon_thumright: The number "8" is important, bc it indicates a SOLID FOUNDATION (2 rectangles on top of each other; like a house with 2 floors). "4" is just a foundation, as a square or rectangle; NOT stable, as it can be blown around. Infinity DOES indicate ETERNITY in cycles... :hello2: :coffee2: (Decaf).

BTW, Brothers of Lasting Faith (True Faith) is SECOND Degree - KGC. IRON HAND is FIRST.
Columbian Star is THIRD (Gov't Leaders); VERY small group... "Google" Order of Columbian Star - KGC.

Last edited:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Infinity is USUALLY horizontal...:icon_thumright: The number "8" is important, bc it indicates a SOLID FOUNDATION (2 rectangles on top of each other; like a house with 2 floors). "4" is just a foundation, as a square or rectangle; NOT stable, as it can be blown around. Infinity DOES indicate ETERNITY in cycles... :hello2: :coffee2: (Decaf).

BTW, Brothers of Lasting Faith (True Faith) is SECOND Degree - KGC. IRON HAND is FIRST.
Columbian Star is THIRD (Gov't Leaders); VERY small group... "Google" Order of Columbian Star - KGC.

what symbols or letters would represent the Iron Hand?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horizontal 8 was found on the neck of a turtle. Not just any turtle, but a hidden turtle. The turtle looked at a small opening, there was a square with a solid line, and two bells either side of the line. I dont understand the other two references, but have seen a iron hand, but not the Columbian Star. I will want to follow this thread.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The horizontal 8 was found on the neck of a turtle. Not just any turtle, but a hidden turtle. The turtle looked at a small opening, there was a square with a solid line, and two bells either side of the line. I dont understand the other two references, but have seen a iron hand, but not the Columbian Star. I will want to follow this thread.

Do you have any pictures of the symbols? It might help someone on here to see the symbols so they can help you interpret them. Each of the symbols can have many meanings and only one of them will be relevant to your specific location..

thanks for posting, L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
what symbols or letters would represent the Iron Hand?

The basic symbols of the organization. Funny thing about the iron hand was that they placed their hands together palm to palm resting in their lap. When you hear the phrase iron hand it makes you think of an iron fist.:thumbsup:L.C.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past posting pictures folks would get sidetracked as there is a lot going on. I have two pieces of info like a cross and the initials JJ that make me think I dont have a Spanish site. Posting a picture of the hidden turtle is a key part of my hunts, the hidden signs. I dont mind a pm to a few folks, but this is not the place for all my pictures. Staying on the trail leads to priest, hearts, and diamonds, even some old mayan markings. Does this seem cluttered for a hunt? Would the KGC leave a large cache in the ground? The duality of the spanish sign is also mixed in here, how do I know I have a KGC find and I need a template and to switch gears?

Let me see if I have a copy of the pictures somewhere I can share.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hand is not red, its very large you can stand in it. One is open palm up, and one is a closed fist. The whole area is a danger just trying to navigate around the trail lol.

If franklin is correct on the meaning of the bells, and I have reason to believe that fits. I know what I have to do next. But the trail comes and goes from that point. Suggesting two ways to go.

turtleNsentry.jpg I dont want to give too much away. The small cross and JJ initials are not in the picture.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two bells are telling you to stay on the line and don't go left or right. The hand is a death trap warning. Take notice.

cross.jpg This is the line with bells. within 10' of a opening.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 884914 This is the line with bells. within 10' of a opening.

Logically thinking, those symbols would have taken quite a while to cut into that stone that deep. We are talking about 1 or two days with a good tool /s.
1) outlaws don't like to stay in one place very long
2) outlaws don't want to attract attention by beating two pieces of steel together carving on a rock. Was it Indian territory? was it a safe distance from any town? Sheriff? Neighboring people? Who owned the land in 1850's-1900. These are a few of the questions I would start trying to find the answers to. Some symbols were simply left by the spanish to mark a superior trail to follow. The K.G.C. is known to have altered and reused their symbols for K.G.C. purposes.

this would leave me to believe that if JJ does stand for Jesse James then he reused a site that was left by the spanish possibly reworking their signs with a K.G.C. twist on the interpretation.. just my two cents

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Logically thinking, those symbols would have taken quite a while to cut into that stone that deep. We are talking about 1 or two days with a good tool /s.
2) outlaws don't want to attract attention by beating two pieces of steel together carving on a rock. Was it Indian territory? was it a safe distance from any town? Sheriff? Neighboring people? Who owned the land in 1850's-1900. These are a few of the questions I would start trying to find the answers to. Some symbols were simply left by the spanish to mark a superior trail to follow. The K.G.C. is known to have altered and reused their symbols for K.G.C. purposes.

this would leave me to believe that if JJ does stand for Jesse James then he reused a site that was left by the spanish possibly reworking their signs with a K.G.C. twist on the interpretation.. just my two cents

L.C.

Yes, KGC USUALLY "left THEIR" signs amidst the "clutter" of OLDER signs. As Albert Pike once said (used by Scottish Rite FreeMasons...); ORDER OUT OF CHAOS! ORDO AB CHAO.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, KGC USUALLY "left THEIR" signs amidst the "clutter" of OLDER signs. As Albert Pike once said (used by Scottish Rite FreeMasons...); ORDER OUT OF CHAOS! ORDO AB CHAO.

I believe this is the case here. A small cross, facing south, that could be seen from the trail is what got my first attention, as it did not fit. This cross was also by itself with no other sign to confirm it. It was crude and could barely be identified. The rock here is very hard granite. But the spanish had a way of softening the rock here in almost a sponge like softness.

The JJ was not the same as traditional, it was very sloppy, and letters not reversed as I have seen posted before. I have not explored that part of the mountain due to the difficulty to get there. The cross is there for sure, but the letters JJ could be a play on light. When the infinity sign was brought into play here I posted. I did not post the kgc stuff on purpose as there is watchers here, be it govt, or private individuals. Well funded and connected, and no identifying marks. I wont say what part of the govt I think they work for.

I dont believe outlaws would spend too much time, just read what was there and go on. I have left the kgc part of the site alone till I get a little better at KGC stuff. Im studying the construction used by the Spanish, Im concerned the KGC may have found a tunnel into what I have found. It would be too large for them to remove without notice. I need more info on how the KGC marked and concealed their holes. I plan a trip soon, and it will save me a lot of time and gas if I knew what to look for to begin with. Im working with almost vertical surfaces here, with lots of places to hide stuff.

TY for the help guys.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I first thought the line and bells a survey spot. This spot also marks another location across the valley. Since I know where the boundary markers are and the rocks orientation, I suspect this is the starting point for any way bills associated. This was most likely used in the construction of the site. Its the only use for a square rock I can think of. I dont see squares very often, but when I do, I stop and pay attention.

No one mentioned the closed fist in the photo, I apologize for not pulling that out for you.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

L.C.
This was within a days ride of town, there was Spanish, and Native Americans here in the 1500's. I also believe the Welsh may have made it here along with the Mayans. But thats a different story. There is silver here, as I have found no gold. The creeks shows ore was most likely transported here. I have found part of old stone mining equipment here. Its very likely the Mexicans were here, I even have a likeness of Pancho Villa painted on rock here somewhere. You have the 4 number letter combination done in glyphs and ancient hebrew, and possibly some templar signs. A couple hundred years of blowing sand has covered up a lot of what is here. But you can just make out the old mule trails in some of the higher elevations. Since the place is all sealed up and marked with old mayan death symbols like black cats painted on a flat stones stood up at entrances. I would say what ever was buried here is still here, even after the Mexicans. Due to some of the hastily constructed barriers, I suspect La Rue may have even had his hands in it. I have found the pick carved into rock also. I have been able to follow from site to site learning what they did, and how things were set up. Every now and then I get some good help like what I see here. Someone taught the KGC, and they taught them good.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This was within a days ride of town, there was Spanish, and Native Americans here in the 1500's. I also believe the Welsh may have made it here along with the Mayans. But thats a different story. There is silver here, as I have found no gold. The creeks shows ore was most likely transported here. I have found part of old stone mining equipment here. Its very likely the Mexicans were here, I even have a likeness of Pancho Villa painted on rock here somewhere. You have the 4 number letter combination done in glyphs and ancient hebrew, and possibly some templar signs. A couple hundred years of blowing sand has covered up a lot of what is here. But you can just make out the old mule trails in some of the higher elevations. Since the place is all sealed up and marked with old mayan death symbols like black cats painted on a flat stones stood up at entrances. I would say what ever was buried here is still here, even after the Mexicans. Due to some of the hastily constructed barriers, I suspect La Rue may have even had his hands in it. I have found the pick carved into rock also. I have been able to follow from site to site learning what they did, and how things were set up. Every now and then I get some good help like what I see here. Someone taught the KGC, and they taught them good.

I know of a silver mine that was located by tracing the ore that fell from wagons. It left a trail right back to the mine. Sounds like an interesting place to be prospecting. Good luck! I will help you in any way I can. I am not that fluent with rock symbols, but there are several people on this site that have experience in that area. Keep on digging for information as it is what lets you make educated decisions on what to do next. L.C.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to follow the trail of ore as you have suggested. I have noticed a few miles away some good looking veins or green ore leeching from from granite stone. They may have been mining something else. But quartz is not common and it is found in some of the dry washes. The quartz I have found was several miles away, it would not have been productive to transport ore that far. I have found rock that is not common to the area also. sample.JPG I have found some red quartz, but this sample would have had to come deep underground here.

Im more interested in the KGC and how they would construct a bulkhead or hide a entrance. I suspect a few caches here and one very large. I dont want to try and wiggle down some of the holes up top. I have found vent holes, and filled in shafts. Im looking for a entrance down below.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to learn a little more about the KGC as I am not comfortable following behind the Spanish. They considered you a thief and protected their gold with things that make you go ooooh.

The KGC were more modern, and Im sure they did things only someone in the order would recognize. I know most of these mined areas had several entrances. Im looking for the one the KGC would use. I wish I had some pictures of these Spanish entrances, it would be clear why I dont want to breech them.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of a silver mine that was located by tracing the ore that fell from wagons. It left a trail right back to the mine. Sounds like an interesting place to be prospecting. Good luck! I will help you in any way I can. I am not that fluent with rock symbols, but there are several people on this site that have experience in that area. Keep on digging for information as it is what lets you make educated decisions on what to do next. L.C.

There is definately a silver mine here, I have located silver bearing ore just sticking out the mountain. The silver here is encapsulated in a black morphed spots in the red granite. The formation of quartz is likely to hold other pgm heavy metals. Geologically, there is no known faults here, but there is old lava flow laying against bedrock. I have also found gem stones in the dry washes, one type is a sunstone, believed to be used by vikings for navigating on cloudy days.

Im more interested in what the confederacy would have buried here, or how they would have kept a large cache to big to haul off hidden? I suspect the KGC may have found this before me, and took steps to conceal it.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There is definately a silver mine here, I have located silver bearing ore just sticking out the mountain. The silver here is encapsulated in a black morphed spots in the red granite. The formation of quartz is likely to hold other pgm heavy metals. Geologically, there is no known faults here, but there is old lava flow laying against bedrock. I have also found gem stones in the dry washes, one type is a sunstone, believed to be used by vikings for navigating on cloudy days.

Im more interested in what the confederacy would have buried here, or how they would have kept a large cache to big to haul off hidden? I suspect the KGC may have found this before me, and took steps to conceal it.

Do you have any records of the C.S.A. being in the area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread