OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
A long read(many chapters) on the KGC,OAK,Copperheads before,during,and after the Civil War:
THE GREAT CONSPIRACY, COMPLETE, By John Logan
It will be well worth the time spent.

This was a great read, thanks for posting it ECS! However, it only lends credibility to the fact that all of the Knights we have identified remain to this day as unknown. There positions in the organization seem to be reflected by the lack of any knowledge that they were involved in any way with the K.G.C.. That would make them all verging untouchable status.

Thanks, L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
They went to their graves as celebrated Americans who had done no wrong.

On October 28, 1905, was a gala day for Nebraska City, the occasion being the unveiling of the new $20,000 monument erected to the memory of Mr. J. Sterling Morton, the Father of Arbor Day. (Copperhead and member of the K.G.C./O.A.K) twice Acting Governor of Nebraska Territory, Secretary of the Territory and Rebel Spy. The city was packed, this also being a record breaker, being estimated at from 15,000 to 20,000 people, more noted people being gathered at one time than ever before in a small city.
I would love to see an attendance roster for that party.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Any K.G.C. cache hunter that has any hopes of succeeding, (excluding dumb luck)will have to complete the writings of several HIGHLY EDUCATED Southern gentlemen as well as every available diary / biography / and any available conveyance .

Why should we do that?...We can follow the signs they left for us..Heck..I learned to walk and chew gum at the same time

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Any K.G.C. cache hunter that has any hopes of succeeding, (excluding dumb luck)will have to complete the writings of several HIGHLY EDUCATED Southern gentlemen as well as every available diary / biography / and any available conveyance .

Why should we do that?...We can follow the signs they left for us..Heck..I learned to walk and chew gum at the same time

MOST of us can... found anything yet...?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

I hope you realize the title of this thread is meant to be sarcastic aarther!

L.C.:thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not really, they just lost out in Kansas....then Nebraska.....and Colorado was the next territory to become a state. Same game and players just a different board to play on.

L.C. baker

YET! O.A.K. HQ was in Colorado Springs, Colorado (for the "move" WESTWARD...).

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You are correct. They were heading there and had already entered Abe Lincoln's cabinet before they arrived in the colorado territory to start writing a constitution and installing laws and regulations etc. etc.!!!!

:thumbsup: L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread