HOW THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE HID THEIR GOLD

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
They bought up large amounts of land and assets, patents, banks, etc. Under many names as not to be suspected as a UNIT.
Later, after the coast cleared they began reconstructing their huge amount of assets through mergers and buy outs back into one pile under not so many names, all of whom were above any Knights of the Golden Circle suspicion.
They BUILT and OWN THIS COUNTRY!

L.C. Baker:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have information that with out a doubt proves that there were K.G.C. members that owned plantations and slaves. That is to say, as a personal asset. When the K.G.C. coffer was collected and banked, so to speak, that combined wealth was used first for war efforts during the war. Then the Order of American Knights used that combined coffer to build more money,and more,and more etc.
This would have began at a time when the plantation was like swamp land to investors. The very operation of one was now in question with the recent loss of slave labor. Until 1867 when the first tractors started to come along and make it a feasible operation. There is no doubt that TOBACCO and COTTON were still very valuable, but.........things like OIL, RAILROADS, TELEGRAPH,ELECTRICITY,etc.etc. were a far more profitable means of investment with larger profits to be made. I really don't know if they invested in more plantations, but if they did it would not have been until sometime after 1868. They never relinquished any control of the Southern Products that had built them up, that is for sure. And i would venture to say that the lost plantations were somewhat reclaimed by their rightful southern owners and rebuilt at a more profitable time say from 1890-now.

Just what i think, L.C. Baker

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
thanks L.C. i know of one plantation where 19 gold bars were found, each weighing about 25-30 lbs. each.
another one held 84 lbs. of gold coins, found about 1990 or so. i was also told that where i live in Al. that this plantation holds the largest cache in the state. i can't prove it and it may just be talk.
keep going as i am sure many are enjoying your postings.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Battle of Columbus, Georgia (April 16, 1865), also known as the Battle of Girard, Alabama (now Phenix City, Alabama) is widely regarded to be the last battle of the American Civil War. Wilson's Raid was a cavalry operation through Alabama and Georgia in March–April 1865, late in the American Civil War. Brig. Gen. James H. Wilson led his Union Army Cavalry Corps to destroy Southern manufacturing facilities and was opposed unsuccessfully by a much smaller force under Confederate Lt. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest. Forrest is one of the war's most unusual figures. Less educated than many of his fellow officers, Forrest had already amassed a fortune as a planter, real estate investor, and slave trader before the war. He was one of the few officers in either army to enlist as a private and be promoted to general officer and division commander by the end of the war. (HARD CORE REBEL). He was a wealthy, trusted, Knight of the Golden Circle. He served as the first Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan, but later distanced himself from the organization.
I would start by following the trail of the battle of Columbus, and Wilson's raid to find the path. Were the other caches anywhere close to Phenix City, Alabama if you don't mind saying? If so, then it would be highly likely that IF there was gold hidden, it was taken care of slightly before that conflict and not very well, because of lack of time. (shallow digs with very few clues left to follow). Hope this helps you, It may be old news to you. These guys used streams like road maps, just something to keep in mind while you are searching.
Thanks for posting your knowledge, L.C. Baker:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
In order to make things happen, the k.G.C. realized the necessity of lawyers. The kind of crooked lawyer that would defend a guilty man and get him off.....for the right price. A lawyer with no morals about right and wrong. A Crooked lawyer that was in it for the money, and could get it using his crooked ways. A lawyer that would tell you what to do so he could get money for you in court.

A lawyer like:Edwin McMasters Stanton: the autocrat of rebellion, emancipation, and ... - Frank Abial Flower - Google Books

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread