Cival War Rabbit Men.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello every one. I am not new to Tnet. I have been hanging around the treasure marks/signs forum for a while. I am looking for some fresh ideals for my research. Some of you have probably heard of the rabbit men of the Civil war. Quantrill's raiders were often called the rabbit men. Other gorilla fighters as well were called by this name. I always assumed that was because of their hit and run tactics. When they were on the run they could go through the briers and bushes so fast the hounds could'nt catch em. I have come to understand the reason for calling them rabbit men goes much deeper than this. I do not think it has anything to do with "Alice in Wonderland" but who knows. All of These old fables had a foundation in the mysteries. Right? I am thinking that the findings of this search my change the way we view the rabbit in the field. Both in Kgc and spanish trails. My research on this is at a standstill for right now. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I think i will go read "Alice in wonderland" again. I have'nt read it since i was a kid.
many thanks

Pinwheel

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Civil War Rabbit Men - Q's Guerrillas. HH! Good Luck! It has to do with the "Free States".

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
When you start messing with the women folk of the confederates, It will get you killed and your city burned. They will kill you, your neighbor, your dog........you get the picture of why there was so much blood when Kansas started bleeding.

General Thomas Ewing, Jr. issued in April 1863 "General Order No. 10," which ordered the arrest of anyone giving aid or comfort to Confederate guerrillas.This meant chiefly women or girls who were relatives of the guerrillas. Ewing confined those arrested in a series of makeshift prisons in Kansas City. The women were sequentially housed in two buildings which were considered either too small or too unsanitary, before being moved to an empty property at 1425 Grand. The building they were holding the women in collapsed.
Even before the collapse of the jail, the arrest and planned deportation of the girls had enraged Quantrill's guerillas; George Todd left a note for General Ewing threatening to burn Kansas City unless the girls were freed. While Quantrill's raid on Lawrence was planned prior to the collapse of the jail, the deaths of the guerrillas' female relatives undoubtedly added to their thirst for revenge and blood lust during the raid.
At least ten women or girls, all under the age of 20, were incarcerated in the building when it collapsed August 13, 1863, killing four: Charity McCorkle Kerr, Susan Crawford Vandever, Armenia Crawford Selvey, and Josephine Anderson—the 15-year-old sister of William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson. Anderson's 13-year old sister, who was shackled to a ball-and-chain inside the jail, suffered multiple injuries including two broken legs. Rumors circulated (later promulgated by Bingham who held a personal grudge against Ewing and who would seek financial compensation for the loss of the building) that the structure was undermined by the guards to cause its collapse

I believe the rabbit men were a strike force that could deploy and disappear quickly. Just my two cents.
L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
especially if you tease them about it.

The raid was less a battle than a mass execution. Two weeks prior to the raid, a Lawrence newspaper boasted, "Lawrence has ready for any emergency over five hundred fighting men...every one of who would like to see [Quantrill's raiders]" . However, a squad of soldiers temporarily stationed in Lawrence had returned to Fort Leavenworth, and due to the surprise, swiftness, and fury of the initial assault, the local militia was unable to assemble and mount a defense. Most of the victims of the raid were unarmed when gunned down.

Sounds bad until you realize how P.O.'d these guys were about their women getting taken into custody and some of them broken up and killed. On top of the Jayhawkers raiding Missouri plantations.
L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When you start messing with the women folk of the confederates, It will get you killed and your city burned. They will kill you, your neighbor, your dog........you get the picture of why there was so much blood when Kansas started bleeding.

General Thomas Ewing, Jr. issued in April 1863 "General Order No. 10," which ordered the arrest of anyone giving aid or comfort to Confederate guerrillas.This meant chiefly women or girls who were relatives of the guerrillas. Ewing confined those arrested in a series of makeshift prisons in Kansas City. The women were sequentially housed in two buildings which were considered either too small or too unsanitary, before being moved to an empty property at 1425 Grand. The building they were holding the women in collapsed.
Even before the collapse of the jail, the arrest and planned deportation of the girls had enraged Quantrill's guerillas; George Todd left a note for General Ewing threatening to burn Kansas City unless the girls were freed. While Quantrill's raid on Lawrence was planned prior to the collapse of the jail, the deaths of the guerrillas' female relatives undoubtedly added to their thirst for revenge and blood lust during the raid.
At least ten women or girls, all under the age of 20, were incarcerated in the building when it collapsed August 13, 1863, killing four: Charity McCorkle Kerr, Susan Crawford Vandever, Armenia Crawford Selvey, and Josephine Anderson—the 15-year-old sister of William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson. Anderson's 13-year old sister, who was shackled to a ball-and-chain inside the jail, suffered multiple injuries including two broken legs. Rumors circulated (later promulgated by Bingham who held a personal grudge against Ewing and who would seek financial compensation for the loss of the building) that the structure was undermined by the guards to cause its collapse

I believe the rabbit men were a strike force that could deploy and disappear quickly. Just my two cents.
L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Hi L.C. I have suspected for a while that the rabbit may be a blood brother to the duck when found on a kgc trail.

Hi Rebel. I already done a google search. The information I am looking for is more of a forbidden knowledge. I would like to be able to prove or disprove the blood brother theory in both KGC and Spanish since they are both part of the same family. Google does not have what I am looking for unless I have overlooked something. Thank you both very much.

Pinwheel

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If I were to see it as an animal symbol used by the K.G.C. I would try and think like a rabbit from the spot that i found it. or a sound alike metaphor like another name 'R.A. Bitt" etc. Like one of the bird symbols we have led us to a man named CROW.
So far we have a turtle, a squirrel, and two different bird symbols. I personally have never heard of the rabbit symbol. Did the spanish also use it?
We have many spanish symbols involved that are fresh(as in not placed by the spanish, but carved by the K.G.C.)
Interesting stuff.
Thanks for posting it, L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
[/B][/U][/I]

Hi L.C. I have suspected for a while that the rabbit may be a blood brother to the duck when found on a kgc trail.

Hi Rebel. I already done a google search. The information I am looking for is more of a forbidden knowledge. I would like to be able to prove or disprove the blood brother theory in both KGC and Spanish since they are both part of the same family. Google does not have what I am looking for unless I have overlooked something. Thank you both very much.

Pinwheel

Pw, Thank you for your R & I (Research & Investigation); KGC/OAK & "Spanish(s)" are "linked" via CONFEDERADOS, ex-REBELS & families who moved south to Brazil after the CONFEDERATE WAR, establishing "communities", "conclaves"... speaking SPANISH. "Google" Americana, Brazil; when SOME of 'em returned to USA, KGC became OAK, using SPANISH as KEY ACTIVE MEASURE of CHANGE & TRANSFORMATION of AMERICA; trains & ppl going WEST to Texas, New Mexico, etc. and MID-WEST to California, etc. From the NORTH, you have KGC/OAK coming down from Canada (BRITS & FRENCH) WEALTHY ppl; going WEST, etc. THAT is ALL, I can say, at this point; check into the lives of WEALTHY ppl/families... they ALWAYS had a "HELPING HAND"... look at THAT symbolism. HA! HH! Good Luck!
BTW, the "Blood Brother" symbolism is a GOOD one; ALL animals (Man, too) share BLOOD... SOME of us are FAST, SOME of us are slow, in the water. BOTH land & sea are utilized for MANY things... in THIS "case", I think it is TRANSPORTATION of "SECRETS". AND! IOOF has a WONDERFUL "HAND/HELPING HAND" Symbolism... check it out & BE AMAZED!

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Rebel and LC. According to Hillbilly Bob and a few other well versed people Albert Pike received a rule book on one of his visits to Europe. A Few think it could have come through the 9 sisters lodge. Any ways back to the point. The rule book was supposed to have contained the rules as to how the trails to mine's and cache sites were laid out. Another variation as to how Albert Pike came by it was through Max in Mexico. How ever some claim that it was Jessie James who secured the rule book from Max. B.T.T.P. The KGC was to have take what was used by the Spanish miners and changed them to suit their own need. Some KGC trails were laid out just like the Spanish except they changed some of the symbols to suit themselves. A good example of this can be found in the treasure marks/signs forum under the thread by Dog The Treasure hunter name The Jesuit #7. I need to add here that not all the KGC trails were laid out like this. Most of the KGc trails were laid out kinda like LC has been showing us.
Many Thanks

Pinwheel

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nine Sisters Lodge is in France, known as Les Neuf Soeurs; under the Grand Orient of France, it had FreeMasons, Rosicrucians, Illuminati, Martinists, all kinds of OCCULT membership. GOF does not require a belief in Deity; very ritualistic, magical workings... NOTHING like it in USA. The RULE BOOK is of interest; sounds like Ley Lines, Grand Designs, etc. based on verticals/horizontals degrees that "sea-faring" men would know; Albert Pike supposedly worked 'em up for burying treasures on land, and such was utilized by KGC/OAK ex-CSA members of his Scottish Rite - SOUTHERN JURISDICTION Lodges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
She was pre cw, but she has a shine near trading post.
Rose Philippine Duchesne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About why that area is important:
Trading Post, Kansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, the way we hunted rabbit down there, we knew they would circle, so you had flushers, and flankers, tons of neat history along that river near Trading Post!

Hi HillBilly Joe. Thanks for the information you posted in this thread.

I have found some of the information I was looking for on the Civil War Rabbit Men. It is a rather old and long treatise on the subject. I would like to Post that information here , but it is so long and would take soooooo much work to rehearse it here, It is from an old old book, and has never been digitized, so I would have to type the whole thing here.

If I find more time on my hands I may later on. I was right too follow the Alice In Wonderland theme. It is taken me down an uncharted trail.

Pinwheel

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi HillBilly Joe. Thanks for the information you posted in this thread.

I have found some of the information I was looking for on the Civil War Rabbit Men. It is a rather old and long treatise on the subject. I would like to Post that information here , but it is so long and would take soooooo much work to rehearse it here, It is from an old old book, and has never been digitized, so I would have to type the whole thing here.

If I find more time on my hands I may later on. I was right too follow the Alice In Wonderland theme. It is taken me down an uncharted trail.

Pinwheel

No Problem PW, have been reading old posts, and as something strikes me I post, I look forward to hearing more. I am from that area, know it all to well! Gotta ask, are you in a ladder stand for your profile pic?!

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No Problem PW, have been reading old posts, and as something strikes me I post, I look forward to hearing more. I

am from that area, know it all to well! Gotta ask, are you in a ladder stand for your profile pic?!

Hey Joe. It was a self climbing stand called a tree lounge. It is real comfortable and I can sit or stand in it all day. The deer were just moving that day. You are really observant to notice all that.

I added you to my friends list, was going to send you a friends request but I did not get it figured out
Yet.

Pinwheel

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Claims of a dog or dogs bringing a rabbit around are more a case of following rabbit. The rabbit has a boundary as many creatures do. It can be scent marked at borders in various places but regardless when left to its own devices it just travels its oval territory where it is familiar when pursued. A rare one or a variation of a normal rabbit will just plain light out to points unknown it seems. A slow dog allows rabbit to pause frequently and listen to its pursuer a pace easily sustained . Also a rabbit is capable of and will at intervals using its mind turn sharply often causing its follower to over run the "check". If hounds are to fast or to many people involved in the pursuit, or if wounded, the rabbit more so when female,will go to ground. Current law and ethics leave rabbit safe at earth. Prior traditions involved multiple ways of securing the rabbit. But ,despite persecution ,disease and predation, loss of habitat due to modern farming practices, around March on a foggy morning a couple will be spotted on occasion pursuing a time worn ritual of their own kinds own.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted out of many of them lol. Moved up North along the Milk River, all they got is cottonwoods, and they are not fun to be in when the wind blows, and it never stops up here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread