JJ Saguaro and KGC Map

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hello All,

A few weeks ago I had posted a photograph of a "JJ" hoot-owled saguaro. Today I took a ride back out to the location to GPS the location, search the nearby area for witness marks and take some pics to document the find. While looking for a witness mark I actually found a MAP! What a beauty it is and I just had to share it with the rest of you. There is no mistake that it is KGC and you can see by checking out the photographs below.

I had picked up the main bearing to examine it and placed it in the exact spot that it came from although I did not stick it back into the ground as deep as it had been discovered (note soil line). I had also picked up the mason jar lid and likewise just set it back in place. It is still there and intact. I will have to go back with a measuring tape (Done).

DSCF7910 (2).JPG DSCF7893 (2).JPG JJAJ-map.jpg Wire rope-steel bandingJJAJ.jpg

I know what the map is referring too as I understand most of its' components. The large ring (circle is a witness mark) is 17.5" across. Three of the items, mason jar, large circle and main engine bearing. The other item is the steel band. I believe the wire with a "J" on each end is a measurement as the saguaro had the number two carved into its upper tip on top of the upper "J". Notice the shadow created by the wire, it looks like the mountain terrain off in the distance.

Any other ideas or advice will be appreciated. Feel free to ask questions as we are all here to learn.

Have a great day!

Ellie B

Attachments

• DSCF7937 (2).JPG
    DSCF7937 (2).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ellie Baba

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hi All,

This photograph represents the reason that I take pics of our finds; attention to detail. What I thought was parts of a buried wire rope turned out to be nails. I am looking for more anomalies as I get the time. Never destroy any signs/symbols that you find as they could later bite you on the hind end. I could not find a patent for the earliest banding strap machine, but; Chicago inventor, Ellsworth E. Flora, and his partner, J. Fremont Murphy, organize the Seal and Fastener Company in 1913, which later became known as Signode. Anyone else have any information?

DSCF7926 (2)ACrs.jpg

Take a special note of piece of glass by bent nail @ 7:30-08:00. The KGC loved using glass as a calling card and clue. Charcoal from a campfire was another favorite.

Have a great Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Ellie B

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
These items seem lightweight and vulnerable to movement. How would their positions be guarded from range animals kicking them around?

OP
OP
Ellie Baba

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
These items seem lightweight and vulnerable to movement. How would their positions be guarded from range animals kicking them around?

Hi there Springfield,

The area where these items are located is part of a flood plain; the Army Corp of Engineers had built a dyke structure near this location and I believe that it now belongs to the city. The entire area is enclosed by barb wire fence and does have a few well marked horse trails. There are a number of signs that have some regulations on them about entering the property. No ATV's are allowed or off road vehicles. There are no signs of cattle or tanks on the property although there may have been at one time. One Mountain is a couple of miles away and history does mention that cattle were once grazing in that area back in the early 1900's. I wish it were possible to give you more information.

I will look into the county flood control district records to find additional information if any about a time frame that the work was initiated. I have been looking for this marker for over two years. I was following a line that I had placed on the map, but there were so many miles to cover. I finally found it by snapping a photograph while performing a recon of the area and reviewing the photographs (a great tool) after downloading them. These items fit right into the layout proving my theory, but I had not expected a map and I have just deciphered it. The dyke can be seen in the background while the foreground displays no apparent disturbance.

DSCF7939rs.jpg

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your interest,

Ellie B

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ellie Baba

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hi All,

I just removed some of the clues eluding to the location of these KGC signs. At this time the site is no longer needed as it has played its part in our search. If anyone is interested in visiting the site PM me. There are some people out there compelled to destroy these markers which is a crime. These sign/symbol locations are true artifacts and need to be preserved. Will post more later as I will be on vacation through the Christmas Holiday period and will return in early January.

Merry Christmas and be careful out there,

Ellie B

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hi All,

I just removed some of the clues eluding to the location of these KGC signs. At this time the site is no longer needed as it has played its part in our search. If anyone is interested in visiting the site PM me. There are some people out there compelled to destroy these markers which is a crime. These sign/symbol locations are true artifacts and need to be preserved. Will post more later as I will be on vacation through the Christmas Holiday period and will return in early January.

Merry Christmas and be careful out there,

Ellie B

YOU just removed the "clues"... I am SHOCKED! In the "old days", the "clues" were destroyed if the treasure(s) had ALREADY BEEN FOUND...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ellie Baba

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hey Rebel,

I meant that I removed some clues that I had left in my written posts. The clues in the field are still intact and have been left just as I had found them. My X had problems understanding me at times and I her. Women...go figure; I love them flirty, pretty little baby dolls. I just find that they are sometimes very unreasonable. That's why I love the solitude of the desert.

You are correct in your statement: This one ain't been found yet, but I'm hot on the trail (just like that hot single, horse-back riding blonde across the street with the hour glass figure. Damn, I'm courting two things at once, wait, isn't the chase and eventual capture the sweetest reward!? This gal can ride a horse, she's a barrel racer...well...

Back to reality,

Ya'all have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ellie B

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Rebel,

I meant that I removed some clues that I had left in my written posts. The clues in the field are still intact and have been left just as I had found them. My X had problems understanding me at times and I her. Women...go figure; I love them flirty, pretty little baby dolls. I just find that they are sometimes very unreasonable. That's why I love the solitude of the desert.

You are correct in your statement: This one ain't been found yet, but I'm hot on the trail (just like that hot single, horse-back riding blonde across the street with the hour glass figure. Damn, I'm courting two things at once, wait, isn't the chase and eventual capture the sweetest reward!? This gal can ride a horse, she's a barrel racer...well...

Back to reality,

Ya'all have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ellie B

And to YOU!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread