Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
These first two I have posted in the c. kenworthy monument thread in the treasure marks/signs forum 321.JPG

543.JPG

This next one is one I call a cowboy mail box. The hole is about 3 1/2 feet off of the ground. I think it was more of an overnite hiddy-hole than anything else.

prock 11-16-2012 016.JPG

This last pic they are using knot holes to look like a distorted face with a hart for a mouth. It is 12- 15 feet high.
Monument mountain 306.JPG

All of these trees are around 300 years old except the last one. Just a wag, but i think it may only be about 150years old. The cowboy mail box is an oak that i believe is over 300 years old. What is so cool about it is the owl hole morphs into a hart at a little different angle.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
These first two I have posted in the c. kenworthy monument thread in the treasure marks/signs forum View attachment 936935

View attachment 936936

This next one is one I call a cowboy mail box. The hole is about 3 1/2 feet off of the ground. I think it was more of an overnite hiddy-hole than anything else.

View attachment 936938

This last pic they are using knot holes to look like a distorted face with a hart for a mouth. It is 12- 15 feet high.
View attachment 936939

All of these trees are around 300 years old except the last one. Just a wag, but i think it may only be about 150years old. The cowboy mail box is an oak that i believe is over 300 years old. What is so cool about it is the owl hole morphs into a hart at a little different angle.

"Cow-Boy Mail-Box" is aka MESSAGE TREE...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hay Rebel. I just thought it to be a kind of mail box. Is there a message here that I have been over looking?

Pinwheel

LOL! The "slot" in the tree is used to leave messages for "someone" that you know is coming. EXAMPLE: "A" & "B" know each other (trust); "B" want some of "A"'s moonshine... two bottles. "B" leaves message on paper, & puts it in "mailbox"... "B"! Greetings! Want two bottles of your "Shine". "A" goes by the "mail-box" & gets message. OVER-NIGHT, he leaves two bottles of "Shine" for "B". Next day, "B" goes by and gets two bottles of "Shine" from "A", and leaves 2 bags of RAW GOLD or COINS for payment for "A". NEXT morning, "A" takes the bags home and deposits them in his "home-made" BANK (buries 'em or put 'em in his "ROOT CELLAR"). TRUST! NO need to MEET! :coffee2:

Last edited:

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL! The "slot" in the tree is used to leave messages for "someone" that you know is coming. EXAMPLE: "A" & "B" know each other (trust); "B" want some of "A"'s moonshine... two bottles. "B" leaves message on paper, & puts it in "mailbox"... "B"! Greetings! Want two bottles of your "Shine". "A" goes by the "mail-box" & gets message. OVER-NIGHT, he leaves two bottles of "Shine" for "B". Next day, "B" goes by and gets two bottles of "Shine" from "A", and leaves 2 bags of RAW GOLD or COINS for payment for "A". NEXT morning, "A" takes the bags home and deposits them in his "home-made" BANK (buries 'em or put 'em in his "ROOT CELLAR"). TRUST! NO need to MEET! :coffee2:

Thanks Rebel. I have a tendency to overthink the signs/symbols until i pull my self back to the KISS method. Overthinking it is sometimes good, but if one is not careful it can confuse one to the point of never figuring out the trail. Anymore I do not want to over look any symbol, but Keep It Simple Silly at the same time.

Pinwheel.

Ps. I am sure That Franklin and I are not the only ones that has some Pic's of interesting trees. I would like to see someone else pic.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" Trail Trees of Georgia... a feller had a NICE web-site of Trail Trees; Dyer Consequences, I think. ALSO... "google" Indians Trail Trees: bent, marker, signal, message TREES.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread