KGC/CSA/OAK in Canada during and after CONFEDERATE WAR

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North of the USA in this neck of the woods, this topic is tough R&I!!!! Right after the civil war, is when the turning point of Canada is more or less....All of sudden the influx of Europeans to Ruperts land, gold rushers and settlers!!! As I speak, middle of March, 3 feet of snow still on the ground, 20 degrees F, why would anybody come up here and try to be inconspicuous up here lol?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The rebel Gen. STERLING PRICE is Supreme Commander. VALLANDIGHAM, while in Richmond, was made Supreme Commander of the Northern section, and a conspiracy was entered into between him and the rebel authorities to divide the East and West, thus to aid the Southern rebellion. VALLANDIGHAM's time in Canada was principally spent in furthering this scheme. He had a conference with some of the leading spirits in the North soon after his arrival in Canada, and arranged for the establishment of the Order throughout the loyal States. The names of all who visited him at the Clifton House are known to the Government, among whom were WM.B. REED, of Philadelphia; PENDLETON and PUGH, of Ohio KRIBBEN, of St. Louis, and STOREY and MERRICK, of Chicago, are published. The result of this conference was also known to the Government about the 1st of January.

L.C.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hey Reb. Here's another thread for you to follow.
The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Story of Cole Younger, by Himself by Cole Younger
I direct you to chapter 16 where Cole Younger went w/a secret service officer named Kennedy from El Paso.TX. to Canada to claim a couple of ships. I don't know how much stock to put in it as Cole says he was near Seattle,Wash. when the war ended, another account has him in Los Angles and somewhere along the line I've read he was in Monterrey,Mexico waiting to receive Enfield rifles from England. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Reb. Here's another thread for you to follow.
The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Story of Cole Younger, by Himself by Cole Younger
I direct you to chapter 16 where Cole Younger went w/a secret service officer named Kennedy from El Paso.TX. to Canada to claim a couple of ships. I don't know how much stock to put in it as Cole says he was near Seattle,Wash. when the war ended, another account has him in Los Angles and somewhere along the line I've read he was in Monterrey,Mexico waiting to receive Enfield rifles from England. Good luck.

CY was EVERYWHERE... as directed by former Q's Guerillas/MYSTIC CLAN of ROBBERS. THANKS for the e-book info!

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Any info of who was helping Confederate spies get in and out of the U.S. from Canada? We have several that did it but no reference of who helped them or at what point of entry.
Thanks, L.C.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MY info indicate Capt. John Yates Beale, CSA. Beall was a CSA Privateer with a ship on the Great Lakes or something; he was originally from Jefferson County (once Va., now W. Va.); was hung by Yanks as CSA Spy. Yates was close friend of JW Booth, who requested that Abe not let Yanks hang JYB in NY... wouldn't "step in". The REST is HISTORY; see the Beale/Jefferson/CSA/Walnut Grove/UVA "connection" (BEALE PAPERS)...? "Google" John Yates Beall, CSA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BACK to Dalton, now... We have LOTS of Dalton families in South West Bedford County, near Roanoke, Va. Jesse & Frank visited with their kin, and according to "legends"... LATER buried "something" HUGE in EAST Roanoke County, Va., near Mill Mountain. Don't know if it was CSA or KGC "assets"

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
BACK to Dalton, now... We have LOTS of Dalton families in South West Bedford County, near Roanoke, Va. Jesse & Frank visited with their kin, and according to "legends"... LATER buried "something" HUGE in EAST Roanoke County, Va., near Mill Mountain. Don't know if it was CSA or KGC "assets"

From what we know as fact. Jesse never handled the burying of anything but his own loot. The big chunks were deposited into the O.A.K. coffer and handled by the big boys in the inner circle. None of them had the whole map, just a small piece around their necks. Just our 4 cents.

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread