KGC/CSA/OAK in Canada during and after CONFEDERATE WAR

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:hello: ONE area worthy of R & I (Research & Investigation) is "the Network" of REBEL Spies (CSA), & KGC/OAK in Canada (SW) during & after the CONFEDERATE WAR; Gen. Albert Pike was "up there", Gen. Jubal Early was "up there" (he NEVER surrendered...), JWB ... MANY others of "interest". REBEL GOLD/SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL (book) was "interesting"; what cha got...? FRENCH-speaking ex-REBS/Spies/KGC/OAK "up north" & SPANISH-speaking Confederados/ex-REBS/Spies/KGC/OAK "down SOUTH" were able to "speak" their SECRET languages, & indicate "treasures/treasure signs" in their "respective" areas right in front of English-only Yanks/American... leaving behind MYSTERIOUS carvings, etc... working TOGETHER as a TEAM may help break Codes, etc! :coffee2: :hello2: 8-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YEP! Think about it... Gen. Albert Pike (CSA); in "charge" of "Indians" of MANY tribes in Arkansas; understanding/speaking THEIR languages. US Army fighting Native ppl in the various territories in the northern areas/"states" during/after CONFEDERATE WAR. Native Canadian "Indians" joining in... HIDDEN history. Gen. Albert Pike in Canada, after the CONFEDERATE WAR "encouraging" Canadian "native ppl", ex-REBS/CSA Spies/KGC/OAK in FRENCH to create diversion & burying $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the Canadian SW; up from American NW. "Google" Albert Pike in Canada. What cha got...?

Last edited:

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey rebel. Dont know if you have it but here is some info. Confederate agent by james d horan.
Pinwheel.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THANKS, Pinwheel! I "googled" it, & it looks like a good book! CONFEDERATE AGENT: A SECRET History! Tell us what cha think/know...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
EVERYONE should have a copy of Hidden Codes & Grand Designs by Pierre Berloquin...

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
THANKS, Pinwheel! I "googled" it, & it looks like a good book! CONFEDERATE AGENT: A SECRET History! Tell us what cha think/know...

Sorry Rebel. I was away from my pc for a bit. The book is a kind of biography about Captain Hines during the civil war. He was a confederate spy that worked with copperheads in the north and the southern sympathizers in Canada. The book gives limited details of the operations in Canada. It names Some people that may be a good lead for research. It goes into some detail of an attack of a northern city in up state new york or main (sorry I cant remember the name of the city) by a confederate campane. It gives the details of how they fled into canada after the attack. It gives the details of how the Canadian mounties protected them from their pursuers. The details of the legal proceedings of the trials to keep them from being extradited back to the North for trial. The book was taken from the personal papers of Captain Hines several years after his death.

I bought my copy from amazon. Used hard back in good condition for a $1.98 + $ 4.00 shipping. As the Indian said in the movie "Dances With Wolves" "Good Trade". Overall the book is a good read.

Another book that may contain some information on that is "Rebel Rose". I bought it because i thought it had the same kind of information as "confederate agent." Although i haven't read it yet. it may help as well. I have like a hundred other books I need to get read first. Any ways "Rebel Rose" Is just a mention.

Pinwheel

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Rebel......I'm still up here in Northern Alberta working (Wabasca) lol......its currently -38, I wandered around the trees surrounding my Gas Plant, no sign of carvings in the trees or rocks by the river lol......just wolf piss on the snow banks and rabbit tracks! lol But thanks to you, Pinwheel and Franklin, tonight I'm going to see if I can purchase and upload on my ereader any or all of those three books above mentioned! The first book Pinwheel and Franklin mention, they never said the title....

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well Rebel......I'm still up here in Northern Alberta working (Wabasca) lol......its currently -38, I wandered

around the trees surrounding my Gas Plant, no sign of carvings in the trees or rocks by the river lol......just wolf piss on the snow banks and rabbit tracks! lol But thanks to you, Pinwheel and Franklin, tonight I'm going to see if I can purchase and upload on my ereader any or all of those three books above mentioned! The first book Pinwheel and Franklin mention, they never said the title....

Albertaclipper: The first book was "Confederate Agent" the second book was "Rebel Rose" . The authors are also listed in the above post.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I was able to get the first one, Rebel Rose is not available. I'm going home for days off, I should be able to get it somewhere else with better internet to shop with.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of Canada's location and sympathy for the Southern cause, Confederate operators secretly used Canada as a base, in violation of British neutrality, particularly in the maritimes. The Maritimes' struggle to maintain its independence from Canada, led some Maritimers to be sympathetic to the South's desire to maintain its independence from the North. For example, Halifax merchant Benjamin Wier (1805-1868) acted as Halifax agent for many of the confederate blockade active during the Civil War. In return for ship repair facilities in Halifax, the Confederates supplied him with valuable cotton for re-export to Britain, a lucrative but hazardous course for Wier which required severing his business connections with New England.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rebel. Dont know if you have it but here is some info. Confederate agent by james d horan. Pinwheel.

I read Confederate Agent by James D. Horan several years ago. It's excellent. I read the hard copy of the book but there's also a free online version here:

https://archive.org/details/confederateagent011673mbp

James Horan was the first writer to be given permission to view the newly-opened secret government files on the Knights of the Golden Circle in 1954 after they'd been sealed for about 90 years.
You will also find many more KGC book recommendations under my treasurenet -> KGC thread entitled Books about the Knights of the Golden Circle.

~Texas Jay

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! Think about it... Gen. Albert Pike (CSA); in "charge" of "Indians" of MANY tribes in Arkansas; understanding/speaking THEIR languages. US Army fighting Native ppl in the various territories in the northern areas/"states" during/after CONFEDERATE WAR. Native Canadian "Indians" joining in... HIDDEN history. Gen. Albert Pike in Canada, after the CONFEDERATE WAR "encouraging" Canadian "native ppl", ex-REBS/CSA Spies/KGC/OAK in FRENCH to create diversion & burying $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the Canadian SW; up from American NW. "Google" Albert Pike in Canada. What cha got...?

Found an interesting article......
"While all these other KGC groups were attempting to seize territory in all directions under the rubric of Confederate land seizures against other countries completely unrelated to the Civil War with the North, Confederate Brigadier General Albert Pike was organizing and leading his own African Slave Owning Cherokee Indians in the Oklahoma Territory--who were part of the Masonic Knights of the Golden Circle, in their own secret society called the Keetowah."

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Found an interesting article...... "While all these other KGC groups were attempting to seize territory in all directions under the rubric of Confederate land seizures against other countries completely unrelated to the Civil War with the North, Confederate Brigadier General Albert Pike was organizing and leading his own African Slave Owning Cherokee Indians in the Oklahoma Territory--who were part of the Masonic Knights of the Golden Circle, in their own secret society called the Keetowah."

YEP!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of Canada's location and sympathy for the Southern cause, Confederate operators secretly used Canada as a base, in violation of British neutrality, particularly in the maritimes. The Maritimes' struggle to maintain its independence from Canada, led some Maritimers to be sympathetic to the South's desire to maintain its independence from the North. For example, Halifax merchant Benjamin Wier (1805-1868) acted as Halifax agent for many of the confederate blockade active during the Civil War. In return for ship repair facilities in Halifax, the Confederates supplied him with valuable cotton for re-export to Britain, a lucrative but hazardous course for Wier which required severing his business connections with New England.
Great Britain was NOT neutral,supplied the Confederacy with ships and munitions,and considered an invasion of the United States from Canada.The US government sued Britain after the War and won a settlement.
CSA Capt John Taylor Wood of the CSS TALLAHASSEE raider and nephew of CSA President Jefferson Davis,after escaping with Breckinridge from Florida,settled in Nova Scotia and started a shipping business.He is buried there.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Britain was NOT neutral,supplied the Confederacy with ships and munitions,and considered an invasion of the United States from Canada.The US government sued Britain after the War and won a settlement. CSA Capt John Taylor Wood of the CSS TALLAHASSEE raider and nephew of CSA President Jefferson Davis,after escaping with Breckinridge from Florida,settled in Nova Scotia and started a shipping business.He is buried there.

ECS, I believe the writer was implying that Canada was to be neutral. There is no way in hell that England would stand by doing nothing by drinking tea and eating crumpets in the conservatory.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread