mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in MO, it is said these trees were pointing the way for the native Americans. or directions to a burial, but I have seen several young trees that display the same growth malformations, so I wonder is it possible this could be natural? I have never followed the lead of one of these trees. There is one with a sign on it in Jackson, MO saying it was used for the trail of tears.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi pdsniper. It is hard to say if it is a hoot owl tree from the pic. Here is the fastest way to find out, I think. Use a metal detector and detect straight out in front of that tree up to 330 feet. If it is a hoot owl tree you should find some metal. dont dig it up just yet, wait until you know what you are doing until you dig. If you can not find metal try this. at multipls of 11 probe the ground for a flat stone. 11 ft. 22 ft. 33 ft. 66 ft. 99ft.

If none of that pans out just start walking with the bearing the tree is giving you. you should see another sign within 1000 feet. The sign may be a rock and not a tree. You should study up on what to look for.

If none of that pans out then it must be natural. I hope this helps.

Pinwheel

Upstate Rich

May 24, 2013
Upstate
Detector(s) used
Minelab products,Ex2,Ex Se pro,Coil-Tek coils,Sunray Coils,white's Eagle Spectrum,Bounty Hunter,Bucket and shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The bend in the tree is TOOO perfect ,there must of been a IRON rod or a CIRCE shaped object underneath,,,,it could mean alot of differnt things,....let me analize the pic tonight.....can you get a pic of the other sides of the tree "North side" cause ur onto somthing good!!!!

OP
OP
P

pdsniper

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2008
Photos requested by upstate

As requested

Attachments

• DSC00308.JPG
    DSC00308.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 492
  • pic. from moving pic. frame 005.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 400

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am no tree guy, but we have what i have been told is actually a K.G.C. marker on this trail. You can tell that it has obviously been shaped on purpose.
kgctree.jpg kgctree2.jpg

L.C. Baker

Last edited:

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Does the tree have a "testimonial" blaze ? Compass the line made by the tree. Go in reverse 1/4 mile.......Is there another one, on line.
Proceed in the direction of the hoot for approx 1/4 mile.....Is there another? If this is a KGC marker tree , SOMETHING brought them to the tree.
The bent trees and metal clues are all over Arkansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Ok......Va, Ga, Alabama.......The template like pattern made by the KGC trees
can be seen from above. The shape resembles a wagon wheel with the trees , rock carvings, and metal clues "lines" being the spokes of the wheel.

If the bent tree is an active main line, there will be metal clues. Map the tree , compass the tree, extend the line......then go see. Don't move any metal.

You can find out if your tree is part of the KGC system by walking the line, and looking for more. If the caretaker group was "Grange" there will be farm equipment
where the bent trees should be. (My personal experience)

A drive on the OLD roads and a quick trip to the nearby old cemetaries often exposes more trees and perhaps "KGC code" on tombstones.

Following Treasure trees on the trail to money.....exciting ..............Enjoy the hunt!
Clueman

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
L. C. Your tree in post # 10 is a beauty. what is that tree really telling you?
thanks

Upstate Rich

May 24, 2013
Upstate
Detector(s) used
Minelab products,Ex2,Ex Se pro,Coil-Tek coils,Sunray Coils,white's Eagle Spectrum,Bounty Hunter,Bucket and shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sniper - - any luck ?... one of the best marker trees ive seen in years,...... it could have lots of meanings,reguardless of symbols or glyphs,...,lots of marker trees like this in Upstate NY,lots of caches,and OWLS....
Look for unusual things,rings of trees in groups of 3,..
could be a Indian Burden/danger tree....pointing in the direction of the "Bad-Whitemen"..etc,/lol..but true..
I think its a good ol' map,IMO.. the moss side "North" should have a Glyph or Symbol on it ...also there is a triangle on the upper trunk on the above pic...
Give more pics!!!!!!!......
But dont get stuck on the tree,look beyond the Half-moon to the rising sun..that should be ur direction....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread