Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it stands alone on reason. How else do you think detective Pinkerton could have penetrated the "Brotherhood" of the secret society of Freemasons ? :dontknow:

P.S. Ever wonder why Pinkerton refused investigation of public officials, jurors, or political parties?

Read more: https://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/95/Pinkerton-s-Inc.html#ixzz5gL1Of8l1

I Respectfully Disagree Wholeheartedly That Pinkerton was a Mason. That's a Huge Assumption to say that man was a Freemason. It might make a better story, but that's it.

If you can show any lodge membership or records where he was a Mason as a Card Carrying, Lifelong Atheist...I'd love to see that. There's Nothing on him at the Temple and he wasn't shy about his views on the subject. In fact he's on many lists of well known NON Masons. I'm not saying he didn't do business with Masons...I do that and I'm Not a Mason.

My thoughts on why he Never aggressively pursued political parties or monopolists is because that was his meal ticket. He did aggressively intimidate and/or kill everyone who was against who was paying him....usually people with limited resources and no one to turn to.

His agents were unprepared, undertrained Gun Thugs who were given a badge and firearm and told accomplish the objective no matter the cost...misguided at times by an inept, attention seeking leader. It was better than working a mine, factory or starving for some. I'm sure more than a few regretted their decision to work for Pinkerton.

The link you sent me to was a 1992 Company Profile that's put out by every publicly traded company. Of course it's made to look good. You won't find one of those that goes into detail about anything negative regarding the founders, officers or company blunders. Those reports are for current stock holders, the SEC and to entice potential investors.

Go back to 1850-1883 and see what you find. LoC has the records thru most of the 1930's. Those later records aren't that great either.

The letter that Yeatman and his partner found at the archives from Pinkerton to Hardwicke is In Allan Pinkerton's Handwriting regarding firebombing the James Home....Even being specific on using a 'Greek Bomb'. He wanted the home burned to the ground regardless of loss of human life. Hardwicke knew he'd be killed if he stayed around..He left Fast for the Far North. Pinkerton wanted to have a win among all his public losses. It's that simple.

Once that happened at the James Farm the public outcry was overwhelming...Pinkerton ceased All pursuance of JJ and Co. A Grand Jury Indicted him and 6-7 others for murder...he was never brought to trial as far as I can tell...but I also can't find where he ever showed his face in Missouri after that, so I'm assuming he wasn't extradited or charges were dropped because he wasn't found. Who Knows??

The letter to Hardwicke is Not Hearsay...Pinkerton was a Punk who was embarrassed he could not penetrate the circle of JJ and Co. He thought he would be heralded a hero and he wasn't. He threw everything he could at them and Lost... unfortunately his oversized ego cost many lives.

Kace

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

What is forty feet long and eighteen feet at the widest point?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Driveway

Swimming Pool

Dance Floor

Bedroom

Family Room

Garage

Hope that helps!

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would guess the line of B.S. Ol Kentuck is feeding us from the newspapers?:laughing7:

This is one of my favorite things you've ever said...

IMG_3677.PNG

There isn't any reason to insult or make fun of people. I believe Kentuck has more than proven he researches things too.

Sometimes we all have different beliefs but like you said, working together gets us All Farther Along.

Kace

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
This is one of my favorite things you've ever said...

View attachment 1683759

There isn't any reason to insult or make fun of people. I believe Kentuck has more than proven he researches things too.

Sometimes we all have different beliefs but like you said, working together gets us All Farther Along.

Kace

My sense of humor is quite manly, it is my nature. If you are easily offended by me just stick around for a while and you will see that I am not biased in my rhetoric. I am and will always be an equal opportunity offender when it comes to B.S. If a person lays out their opinion it is a representation of what they are trying to or have accepted as fact. If part of that is based on an illusion I am guilty of going out of my way too far some times to draw their attention to it. Being brought up by Army officers at the academy may have left an impression on me!:laughing7: I mean what I said 100% I like ALL of the comments, don't I? EVEN the ones that contain the B.S. just because I respect your opinions none the less. When was the last time YOU liked what someone said just because they said it out loud on your thread Kace? That story used Egloff who wrote in a special October issue of True West, a Western history magazine to corroborate the facts you listed about Pinkerton as fact. In fact, the story as you and OL Kentuck say it is fabricated from three different stories told by as many men on happening on three different occasions that were all post-event (three of which were100 years later) second hand recollections.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I Respectfully Disagree Wholeheartedly That Pinkerton was a Mason. That's a Huge Assumption to say that man was a Freemason. It might make a better story, but that's it.

If you can show any lodge membership or records where he was a Mason as a Card Carrying, Lifelong Atheist...I'd love to see that. There's Nothing on him at the Temple and he wasn't shy about his views on the subject. In fact he's on many lists of well known NON Masons. I'm not saying he didn't do business with Masons...I do that and I'm Not a Mason.

My thoughts on why he Never aggressively pursued political parties or monopolists is because that was his meal ticket. He did aggressively intimidate and/or kill everyone who was against who was paying him....usually people with limited resources and no one to turn to.

His agents were unprepared, undertrained Gun Thugs who were given a badge and firearm and told accomplish the objective no matter the cost...misguided at times by an inept, attention seeking leader. It was better than working a mine, factory or starving for some. I'm sure more than a few regretted their decision to work for Pinkerton.

The link you sent me to was a 1992 Company Profile that's put out by every publicly traded company. Of course it's made to look good. You won't find one of those that goes into detail about anything negative regarding the founders, officers or company blunders. Those reports are for current stock holders, the SEC and to entice potential investors.

Go back to 1850-1883 and see what you find. LoC has the records thru most of the 1930's. Those later records aren't that great either.

The letter that Yeatman and his partner found at the archives from Pinkerton to Hardwicke is In Allan Pinkerton's Handwriting regarding firebombing the James Home....Even being specific on using a 'Greek Bomb'. He wanted the home burned to the ground regardless of loss of human life. Hardwicke knew he'd be killed if he stayed around..He left Fast for the Far North. Pinkerton wanted to have a win among all his public losses. It's that simple.

Once that happened at the James Farm the public outcry was overwhelming...Pinkerton ceased All pursuance of JJ and Co. A Grand Jury Indicted him and 6-7 others for murder...he was never brought to trial as far as I can tell...but I also can't find where he ever showed his face in Missouri after that, so I'm assuming he wasn't extradited or charges were dropped because he wasn't found. Who Knows??

The letter to Hardwicke is Not Hearsay...Pinkerton was a Punk who was embarrassed he could not penetrate the circle of JJ and Co. He thought he would be heralded a hero and he wasn't. He threw everything he could at them and Lost... unfortunately his oversized ego cost many lives.

Kace

#1 I did not say he wanted to BE a Mason because he liked the Freemasons. #2 You are saying you place more faith in the "Western Magazine" than the hard facts. Is that not the same magazine that you chastized Rebel for quoting from? #3 It is not my intentions to make you accept what I believe as fact.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
There's One.

Horse Ship... Making fun of people isn't manly or womanly...It's just ignorant and rude. Just cause you got picked on in military school isn't a reason. You didn't like it I'm sure.

You can't offend me...I'm aware I'm pretty much in the men's room...I never made a big deal here that I'm am a woman cause I don't want to be treated differently. If it were my decision and it's not, but I wouldn't care one bit about colorful language. I've told every guy And gal that has ever worked for me...just be yourself, if it's just us at work without outsiders around say whatever you want...just don't direct it At me.

If we're all talking about something serious and someone throws in just LOL's or Emoji's without anything else or Insults...No Matter Who It Is I Don't Hit Like LC. This is a Discussion Forum...Not A Text Message.

What Kentuck said about Pinkerton was right...what I said was right.. It's facts, not speculation. There's times all someone has is speculations and educated guesses in dealing with history...I get that and I know you do too because what you're doing requires a lot of speculation to decide which way to go. In the Pinkerton/JJ and Co case we have the history from many records. Thankfully.

I normally don't even respond if someone makes a crack at someone else....Then I saw your Jed Clampet pic after seeing what you said here...Kentuck knows what he's talking about on this and I've said the same about you when someone was saying you were wrong.

On the BB thread....I didn't jump into that...we all agreed to the parameters of the discussion To Avoid This Crap.

We All Don't or Can't Know Everything...If someone else is more knowledgeable about a topic or sub topic...so what? The rest of us have learned something.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
#1 I did not say he wanted to BE a Mason because he liked the Freemasons. #2 You are saying you place more faith in the "Western Magazine" than the hard facts. Is that not the same magazine that you chastized Rebel for quoting from? #3 It is not my intentions to make you accept what I believe as fact.

1...I never said you said Pinkerton WANTED TO BE A MASON. I said PINKERTON WASN'T A MASON.

2...I have No Idea What you're talking about Western Magazine....No I didn't Chastise Rebel for that. I haven't read Western Magazine....The only article Reb and I talked about was the 'One Dusty Trail' Blog and I didn't Chastise him...I said the writer was a joker/entertainment writer with the troll and headless cat like his friend Daryl Back East. That was regarding Bigelow.

3...We Are All Free To Believe Whatever We Choose.

I think you have me confused with someone else. No way did I ever say one word about Western Magazine.

Kace

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
There's One.

Horse Ship... Making fun of people isn't manly or womanly...It's just ignorant and rude. Just cause you got picked on in military school isn't a reason. You didn't like it I'm sure.

You can't offend me...I'm aware I'm pretty much in the men's room...I never made a big deal here that I'm am a woman cause I don't want to be treated differently. If it were my decision and it's not, but I wouldn't care one bit about colorful language. I've told every guy And gal that has ever worked for me...just be yourself, if it's just us at work without outsiders around say whatever you want...just don't direct it At me.

If we're all talking about something serious and someone throws in just LOL's or Emoji's without anything else or Insults...No Matter Who It Is I Don't Hit Like LC. This is a Discussion Forum...Not A Text Message.

What Kentuck said about Pinkerton was right...what I said was right.. It's facts, not speculation. There's times all someone has is speculations and educated guesses in dealing with history...I get that and I know you do too because what you're doing requires a lot of speculation to decide which way to go. In the Pinkerton/JJ and Co case we have the history from many records. Thankfully.

I normally don't even respond if someone makes a crack at someone else....Then I saw your Jed Clampet pic after seeing what you said here...Kentuck knows what he's talking about on this and I've said the same about you when someone was saying you were wrong.

On the BB thread....I didn't jump into that...we all agreed to the parameters of the discussion To Avoid This Crap.

We All Don't or Can't Know Everything...If someone else is more knowledgeable about a topic or sub topic...so what? The rest of us have learned something.

Kace

Don't fret none on my account, Kace. It'll be jest fine. :wink: :notworthy:

It's become purty plain ta me that any further comment on my part is unwelcome here, so I will leave y'all to it. Its been my experience that when a person is so insecure they hafta insult and belittle others in order ta feel "Manly", it usually jest goes downhill from there. It is unfortunate that some mistake their Lack of Credibility for Lack of Manliness. One can still be a Man and have No Credibility. I can't help someone be a man, but I could have helped with tha other. Now I think I will jest sit back and watch tha train wreck and take notes, reserving further comment for a Different Venue.

:happy1:

Y'all have fun. :hello:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't fret none on my account, Kace. It'll be jest fine. :wink: :notworthy:

It's become purty plain ta me that any further comment on my part is unwelcome here, so I will leave y'all to it. Its been my experience that when a person is so insecure they hafta insult and belittle others in order ta feel "Manly", it usually jest goes downhill from there. It is unfortunate that some mistake their Lack of Credibility for Lack of Manliness. One can still be a Man and have No Credibility. I can't help someone be a man, but I could have helped with tha other. Now I think I will jest sit back and watch tha train wreck and take notes, reserving further comment for a Different Venue.

:happy1:

Y'all have fun. :hello:

I'm Not Hitting Like Cause I Don't Want You To Leave....You are a very, very good researcher Kentuck and you are knowledgeable about history.

I talked to a man last night who's a great researcher and historian...he's been through some rough times trying to relate things to some folks things he knows to be true....I know he wanted to throw in the towel many times...But He Didn't. I Respect Him...he's very interesting and knows so much more than I do about Civil War era History. I hope I get to talk with him again.

I Do Not Want To Lose The Combined Knowledge Here. Ive lost a lot of the older guys in my life, but it's Almost like having them back when we get on these topics. It means a lot to me getting input from you guys.

You're like some of those guys I've lost...That's meant as a compliment cause there's not a day that goes by that something doesn't happen to remind me of them.

Kace

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Driveway

Swimming Pool

Dance Floor

Bedroom

Family Room

Garage

Hope that helps!

Kace

Stone Bigfoot 4.png

The Stone Bigfoot from JJ's MEMO

Taken from g earth

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1684292

The Stone Bigfoot from JJ's MEMO

Taken from g earth

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Lue...I apologize, but I have no idea what you are asking or showing in that pic. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help.

Good Luck,
Kace

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lue...I apologize, but I have no idea what you are asking or showing in that pic. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help.

Good Luck,
Kace

Madrugada Estrella Mapa Oro aka MEMO one of JJ's T site clues.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread