Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
L.C.....your avatar, is that Alan Pinkerton? That's the photo with Lincoln, right?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.....your avatar, is that Alan Pinkerton? That's the photo with Lincoln, right?

Seeing as how I picked up where L.C. Baker and Allan Pinkerton left off, I thought it only fitting that I become an Avatar made up of them both. Yes it is from the picture with Lincoln.

L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep in mind that an acre of land was worth less than $5.00. One of the K.G.C.'s first plans was to obtain vast amounts of land. They started when it was worth about $1.00 an acre. By the time Jesse James was done stoking the till and he was ready to retire in 1881, He didn't really need any money. Jesse was like a made man, his future was secured by his "Brothers of Lasting Faith". Ever wonder why Jesse Woodson James had a really good picture of himself taken in 1881? If the K.G.C. was capable of getting John Wilkes Booth to freedom in Texas, it stands to reason that they certainly had a good plan for their number one fund raiser Jesse Woodson James.
These two suspected getaways have a whole lot more in common than the general public has been informed of. Once all of the facts are known, the provability factor of their individual escapes begin to sail.

L.C. Baker :thumbsup:

http://www.usace.army.mil/Media/New...utlaws-last-crime-was-robbing-the-us-arm.aspx

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wont get much help from the James family thats for sure. But having spent time with one distant member, and hearing stories from my own father. I would say you may be on the right track.

Last edited:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C., when you read the The Private Diary and Journal of John H. Surratt, the Conspirator", you'll realize how the James Gang knew which trains were carrying Federal payrolls or anything else that the trains they chose were carrying. The KGC had members inside of all Federal Government departments and agencies as well as inside of the transportation industry.

https://archive.org/details/privatejournaldi00surr

~Texas Jay

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C., when you read the The Private Diary and Journal of John H. Surratt, the Conspirator", you'll realize how the James Gang knew which trains were carrying Federal payrolls or anything else that the trains they chose were carrying. The KGC had members inside of all Federal Government departments and agencies as well as inside of the transportation industry.

https://archive.org/details/privatejournaldi00surr

~Texas Jay

This is exactly what I will expand on in the future. The K.G.C. was a WELL oiled machine as I am sure you already know jay. It will come out soon enough, but Jesse Woodson James plays a large part in the trail we are on. He was a frequent depositor in the cache so to speak. It was during this time we suspect he was told what to do next, or stayed put while it was being planned for him.

Great posts! L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The information we have read also leads us to believe that most, if not all of the (K.G.C.?) caches buried with the jj logo involved were all Jesse's personal money. thus the small glass jars that have been recovered. Any strong boxes and the likes were most likely carried to the repository for the organizations fund.
Just our 4 cents!L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LC - any link between JJ and Oklahoma ? I have an elderly neighbor who told me a story a few years ago , I plan to see him this weekend maybe I can get additional facts You never know

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally do not know of any link, but that is just me. The man was always on the move and the K.G.C. got along well with the Indians. It would have been a good place for him to have spent some time. John Wilkes Booth was received well there, and is said to have healed up there after fracturing his leg. Perhaps the Indians could have helped Jesse and his gang hide out there the same way.

L.C.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesse James was above all else a Freemason, and that made him well accepted amongst true friends. They don't just hand out the masonic badge to anyone, you have to be accepted unanimously by them. If he was of questionable character, he would never have made it past that part of the entrance to Freemasonry. Men of that kind of character do not run amuck robbing for no good reason, or their own malevolence.

Just my 2cents.

L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
DYK...? MANY wealthy/RICH Canadians came into the USA after the CONFEDERATE WAR, to BUILD UP the WESTERN American expansion; WHO...?

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think that's a bit of a stretch, for Jesse to turn lead into Gold?

I think what LC was saying is that they have found signs, relating to the symbols of turning lead into gold, ( Alchemy) and that the signs they have thus far found, have all been in lead items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread