KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE MARKS ON STONE, ANY IDEAS?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
THE TRAIL 077.JPG

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seen the same, was told it was a code to a treasure spot.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top line ILOP? Seconp line looks phonecian symbol, then AJ? Hard for me to make out, but my guess.

Hillbilly Joe

Feb 5, 2014
MT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, was thinking In line of position, still thinking on the rest!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Survey mark or ownership mark, very old. May even be before the kgc, and the kgc has re visited the site. The AJ most likely added afterwards is my best guess.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

L.C. This stone is valuable. Some thing should be covered or buried either under the stone or very near it. I would suggest talking to dsty in the treasure marks/sings forum. He can give you more detailed information on that "A"What is hidden or covered may not be the booty, just the very important next sign on this trail. Be careful and not dig unless you know what you are digging for and then treat in like an archeological dig. Slow with trail and brush recording all compass points and taking lots of pics. Dsty really is the man on this symbol.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. This stone is valuable. Some thing should be covered or buried either under the stone or very near it. I would suggest talking to dsty in the treasure marks/sings forum. He can give you more detailed information on that "A"What is hidden or covered may not be the booty, just the very important next sign on this trail. Be careful and not dig unless you know what you are digging for and then treat in like an archeological dig. Slow with trail and brush recording all compass points and taking lots of pics. Dsty really is the man on this symbol.

Pinwheel

At the time I posted this I was not sure I should say anything more. Pinwheel was right about an object being buried close by to this symbolism, and it was also marking a line of position to be used to get to the next site as stated by Hillbilly Joe. More to follow.

Thanks, I have more for you two to look at if you are interested. Spring is coming and the camper is already packed! [email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That line led straight to this guy first. How's that for an eye-catcher?:icon_thumleft: A coded lead cross was found about 4 feet out in front of this monument on the LOP directed.

ADAMS TRAIL MARKER ON T-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
From that same point, there was another LOP in an entirely different direction given in the code. It was not as simple as an arrow pointing the way either, you had to see the symbolism and react to it correctly to find your way to the next place on the line.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, we did Rebel. In the 1970's they found the first cache on that trail. We now know that there was actually three different trails and a large triangle covering many miles. Back then they didn't know it was the K.G.C. or O.A.K. they were dealing with. The Spanish symbols along with the unused ones on the first map threw them a bit I think. It worked out good for me! I grew up hunting with them as a boy and learned the ropes, and now I know who we are dealing with which has made a big difference in the way the maps and symbols work for us now that I have them in my hands as a learned man. I wish my Dad and I knew what we know now back then! Still, the research methods of driving to the archives on his days off to look at the micro film and read dead men's tales have gotten way better! We need good weather and a dry spell Brother! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years ago we found a third compass point. It was a pile of rocks and dirt in the middle of the woods. Probably about four-wheel barrows of stuff at least that stands out like an anthill in Africa. It is about three or four feet tall and bigger at the base. It has settled over the years, but it was still easy to find after we got there. There was no hole anywhere near the pile of rocks and dirt which kind of left us wondering where it came from that far into the woods. Rocks are kind of scarce in that area. We were led to that point by a deciphered distance off of the last coded lead cross my Dad and I found buried in 1998 near a Heart shaped stone in Missouri. If it is not a compass point I think we were probably pretty close to where they buried something.

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello LC,

In regard to the letters given was it on a grave stone or another carved stone? Open meadow or close to a stream or other natural feature mound, hill or succession of other rocks or stones laid out in a pattern? Do you recall? Reason being LOP = Line of Property? Like the northern line of the northwest boundary. Take GPS coordinates find other like symbols count the number of feet, yard or varas. Write down the locations of found objects the distance from the carved rock and use it as the hub and go out in different directions. Use the letters as numbers like the number 12 for L? I'm trying to come up with suggestions as numbers and letters used as symbols?

Good luck hope all is well with you

Best regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread