More Proof that J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've long believed that the man known as J. Frank Dalton was really Jesse Woodson James, just as he said he was in Lawton, Oklahoma in 1948 at the age of 100 years old. Last week, I purchased a historic postcard that confirms that I and others who believed were correct. I first posted the following this afternoon at our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group because dozens of our members have worked long and hard since 2006 to solve many mysteries of the Civil War and post-War period. *** As I promised late last week, I'm going to reveal the mystery object that I told you about then. It is now securely in my possession and the implications of it may be history-changing. This old postcard proves many things and one of the most important is that there is still a lot of evidence left about the topics we're working on at this group out there, just waiting to be discovered by researchers. We just need to be vigilant in pursuit of it. *** Here is the text from the front of this amazing photo postcard: "Shooting First Oil Well At Centralia, ILL. Nov. -1-'08. Made For Centralia Book Store" Informational text from back of postcard: "Made for dealers every where" Ritchie Bros., Centralia, Ill. Handwritten and signed text of the message: "How are you? hurry and send my waist for I need it - Jesse James. Addressed to: Miss Bertha Dalton - Cartter, ILL *** This is certainly terrible news for all of the Dalton/James naysayers out there. I'll be very interested in watching how they will react to it and try to spin and refute it. There's still a lot of research that needs to go into this amazing postcard and many questions that remain to be answered. I posed a few of them in previous messages over the past few days. I'll attach the two photos of this postcard and I am eager to see what additional information you all can add. ~Jay~ Jesse Woodson James Photo album: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BloodyBillAndersonMystery/photos/albums/1440069169 ***

Attachments

• 1909-postcardsignedJesseJames1.jpg
    1909-postcardsignedJesseJames1.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 1909-postcardsignedJesseJames2.jpg
    1909-postcardsignedJesseJames2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 2,589

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty cool stuff right there! It would be interesting to have the signature analyzed. Ink looks good. Not sure of all of the implications yet, but i will start paying more attention! :occasion14: Great stuff! thanks for posting it Texas Jay. I always felt like he knew enough to be involved, but there is so much misinformation out there that it is great to see something hard for a change!

L.C. Baker

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
could be telling them he saw it....or he waits for them where he is at....interesting..:icon_scratch:

Waits
Waist
A Wits
A Wist
As Wit
Swat I
Twas I
Wast I
Saw It
Saw Ti
Was It
Was Ti
Aw Sit
Aw Its
Aw Tis

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a letter Morrey Davidson received from FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. It includes Mr. Davidson's note that says that in a follow-up telephone call, Hoover said that he "knew" that the man known as J. Frank Dalton was the real Jesse James. This digital copy was given to me by my friend Bud Hardcastle. http://bloodybillanderson.webs.com/

~Texas Jay

Attachments

• Jesse James, Hoover letter.jpg
    Jesse James, Hoover letter.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 1,572

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
what could a lair gain at that age? What motives could a man possibly have in telling the truth after so long? Fame? Glory? Wealth?, or was he just setting the record straight before he died and met his maker? He really had nothing to gain by it except being buried under his true name. Just my two cents

LC. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same goes for William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson and his 1924 Interview with Henry C. Fuller in which he admitted being the famous Guerrilla leader. He was 84 at the time and only lived for 3 more years.
~Texas Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Looking at pictures of Jesse James; waist-coast...? Sorta like a vest...?

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It was started by John Murrell (land-locked "Pirate/Robber"); had 2 degrees & MAY have expanded the degrees in JJ's time.
"Google" John Murrell & Grand Council - Mystic Clan.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It was started by John Murrell (land-locked "Pirate/Robber"); had 2 degrees & MAY have expanded the degrees in JJ's time.
"Google" John Murrell & Grand Council - Mystic Clan.

Murrell was known as the "PIRATE" of the West... had Clan of MYSTIC Confederacy; predated the CONFEDERATE WAR; STILL a "den of ROBBERS", tho.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Murrell was known as the "PIRATE" of the West... had Clan of the Confederacy; predated the CONFEDERATE WAR; STILL a "den of ROBBERS", tho.

I have read about Murrell and John Crenshaw. Both were very notorious for the reverse underground railroad and supporting both the "fugitive slave law" and the dread scott case that kept them in business. I have no doubt that they were affiliated with the K.G.C. / O.A.K., but have no direct ties to either of them. Great stuff Rebel!

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I forgot the "MYSTIC" part; way I read it... was a band of robbers & gamblers; Kenny Rogers did a WONDERFUL song about THE GAMBLER. I had visions of Riverboats Queens, etc. LOL! GO CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival - SWAMP ROCK)! "BIG WHEELS, Keep on turning..."
Then, there was a movie; Mel Gibson & Jodie Foster... Ahhh, the Big Muddy! New Orleans to St. Loo; CLUES are THERE!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread