Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I am led to believe that Jesse James was not a member of the K.G.C., but he was a member of the Order of American Knights. Though basically the same, the O.A.K. was spawned from the K.G.C.. Some insinuate that the K.G.C. changed their name to the O.A.K. in 1863, but the true evidence points to more of a metamorphosis.

L.C. :thumbsup:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am just starting to get up to speed on the KGC. I saw a Jesse James/KGC tv show that intrigued me.

But, it did get me to wondering.

Other than Jesse James, who else were known members of the KGC?

Patrick

There's a book titled Knights of the Golden Circle: Secret Empire, Southern Secession, Civil War by author David C. Keehn. The book gives a lot of names.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest you read "Rebel Gold" by Bob Brewer and Warren Getler for starters. Judge Advocate General Joseph Holt released an official government report to President Lincoln in October, 1864 that stated that he estimated that there were 400,000 O.A.K./KGC members in the Northwest alone at that time so you can only imagine how many there were including the South. A few that you may want to research are Gen. George Bickley, William "Bloody Bill" Anderson, Capt. Jason W. James, all of Quantrill's Guerrillas and Morgan's Raiders, Confederate Generals Sterling Price, Ben McCullough, Nathan Bedford Forrest, and Stand Watie who was the only Native American to attain the rank of General in either army of the Civil War.
~Texas Jay

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi L.C.,

I just found an obscure reference about the KCG. Is it common knowledge that the KCG previously went by the 'Circle of Honor'?

Patrick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions