PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I have hundreds of old newspaper articles that discuss the KGC. The articles date from 1861 and the majority run through 1911. There are a few after those dates. It is over 300 individual newspaper pages with the articles in them. They are in PDF for easy viewing.

What should I do with all of this stuff? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Patrick

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad you don't have the actual papers. At least you could start a fire with those.. :skullflag:

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, this stuff is pretty cool. There are court transcripts, editorial opinions, antics, etc. I will upload one and show you.

Here is one from April 6, 1893.

The middle column mentions someone denying affiliation with the KGC.

Attachments

• 18930406 - Fort Wayne Weekly Gazette, April 6, 1893, Page 11.pdf
    389.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another one:

New Albany Daily Ledger January 7, 1860

The KGC are off to Mexico!

The documents are searchable. Hit CTRL + F and type in Knight. It will take you to the article.

Enjoy.

Patrick

Attachments

• New Albany Daily Ledger January 7, 1860.pdf
    598.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they are all in PDF. They are sorted by date. The files are too big to put into a printed book unless it was coffee table size or the specific articles were trimmed in each newspaper.

I am sure people would be incredibly appreciative of the information. There are some clues in the articles for people who recognize them.

Not dangling carrots, and not going to upload 300+ pdf files. I will probably end up putting them on a cd and selling it on ebay. LOL

Patrick

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are in Texas; MAYBE, Texas Jay could provide an answer. Do you wanna sell or donate...?

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Patrick. I think your idea of putting them all on a cd and selling it on eBay is a good one. There's bound to be a lot of important information in them that many people are looking for. I have many such articles in my files too but I choose to post links to them on my free educational and research websites so that our interested members can readily access them when they need to. You may want to do both - combine them all together on a cd to sell in order to preserve your collection and occasionally post individual ones on sites like this when you know they provide specific names, dates, locations, or other important information that others are seeking. I get requests all the time from people who want to know if I can tell them if their relative so-and-so was a member of the KGC. Unfortunately, I have to tell 99% of them that I don't because it has taken me years just to document probable members in my area of rural central Texas and I just don't have the time to research every request that I get.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions