L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Gwin's life story was written by Thomas Lately

Between Two Empires: The Life Story of California's First Senator, William McKendree Gwin

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
:find: found this today and the old boy knows about the illuminayi too, and how far back it goes, even though i don't
take ALL he says.------
[SIZE=+4]The End Of Money[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]By Philip Jones
3-13-9[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
220px-William_McKendree_Gwin_full.jpg

This Man is the reason I brought up the Japan / K.G.C. connection that has never been mentioned until now. Dr. Gwin was a graduate of Transylvania University and one of the wealthiest "Copperheads that ever lived. He was a major player in every scheme the K.G.C. hatched, and he was an instigator of many. His gold mine was and still is the largest mother load of gold ever produced in the state of California. He and other members just like him, were twisting the crank on the organ as hard as they could. Look at him hard and close. Any of you fellow K.G.C. hunters and enthusiast out there that can tie your guys to him will be assured you are on the right trail.

L.C.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ulysees 'Simpson' Grant had a fine eye for the actions of the people that were actively scheming in the govt.

I can see exactly why he wouldn't want ol Gwin to get away with the hustle he was running.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
View attachment 974631

This Man is the reason I brought up the Japan / K.G.C. connection that has never been mentioned until now. Dr. Gwin was a graduate of Transylvania University and one of the wealthiest "Copperheads that ever lived. He was a major player in every scheme the K.G.C. hatched, and he was an instigator of many. His gold mine was and still is the largest mother load of gold ever produced in the state of California. He and other members just like him, were twisting the crank on the organ as hard as they could. Look at him hard and close. Any of you fellow K.G.C. hunters and enthusiast out there that can tie your guys to him will be assured you are on the right trail.

L.C.
"Hand Signal", eh...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, a DIFFERENT Thomas Beale was involved in the "Drug-Trade" of the FAR EAST... Thomas CHAYE Beale; East India Company, I think.

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing my R & I on this thread I thought that it was only a thing of speculation. Some of the information I all most had to use a bit of imagination to find the logic to it. BUT and it is a BIG BUT it turns out that most of the information is more true than any of us thought.

NOW here is the dirty little secret. Commodore Matthew C. Perry who opened up China and Japan was married to Jane Slidell. Jane Slidell came from a large family two of her brothers were John Slidell and Thomas Slidell. There was one other brother who changed his name to claim a inheritance Alexander Slidell Mackenzie.

At this point we only need to concentrate on John Slidell. John was a friend of Albert Pike and a member of the Pickwick Club in New Orleans. Not only that but he was in 1861 one of the principals in the Trent Affair. He was the the Ambassador from the C.S.A. to France. Now how much influence would he have had with his Brother-in-Law? Well his other Brother was a commander in the U. S. Navy and was close to both Commodore Perry and Commodore John Rodgers. Both leading figures in the U. S. Navy at the time. I believe that there was a States Rights club if not a K.G.C. connection.The Golden Circle expanded to the west. Here is a link to a wiki on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Slidell

If one looks long enough one can find the solid connection. In this case as with many it is one of family.

Senior Deacon

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
John Slidell, as a member of the New Orleans Pickwick Club, was also close to another member, Judah P Benjamin, who appointed him to his CSA post in France. Slidell was also involved with Teddy Roosevelt's Bullock brothers work for the CSA in England, and a Bullock cousin in Ocala, Florida aided Benjamin, Breckinridge, and Wood in their escape from the Union.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS John had another brother Thomas. Guess what roll that Thomas played. Well he was the Cheif Justice of the state Supreme Court of Louisiana. Talk about a get out of Jail Free card. It was more like do what you darn well like card. A free pass for all the Big Bugs. Any other reason that they wouldn't have had free reigns in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas or Mississippi.

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread