ORDER OF AMERICAN KNIGHTS / K.G.C. SYMBOL ANY IDEAS???

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
death star.jpg

I would appreciate any ideas or thoughts on this symbol.

thanks, L.C.:thumbsup:

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi L.C. The center line is a little short but I think i would look at it as a sextile.

Pinwheel

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Pinwheel has a good idea. if it is sextile it means two planets are about 60 degrees apart.Does that mean that your next direction will be 60 degrees? check uncle Albert for his 2 favorite planets, if he divulged that information.:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The starting point is in question when the 60 degree theory is used it does not seem to lead anywhere good. The thing is, there is another compass point near the turtle. It has 3 cardinal points, and one that is not. This makes it a diamond shape. The sextile, if that is what it is, has letters that coincide with the sextile lines. These letters when deciphered with the key, = numbers. Does that help?

Thanks, L.C.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The starting point is in question when the 60 degree theory is used it does not seem to lead anywhere good. The thing is, there is another compass point near the turtle. It has 3 cardinal points, and one that is not. This makes it a diamond shape. The sextile, if that is what it is, has letters that coincide with the sextile lines. These letters when deciphered with the key, = numbers. Does that help?

Thanks, L.C.

Hey LC. . This is just my experience. When I have been given distance and direction it is usually from a point that I have to locate. Such as a motherly corner of a triangle.

This is just a thought. It may work, but it probably will not. Since you are dealing with the kgc and they really like to throw some curve balls. I would look at the sextile. With the middle leg being shorter is a clue.

I would measure the longer legs with each of the legs = 20. Measure the short leg and subtract that from 20 in relationship of the longer legs. add the three sums up and that would be your bearing. Since I cannot see the actual map. it could have a pull sign or a reverse so don't forget about that when you are looking at your map. Of course this is all just a guess. Since I am guessing i will bet the sum = 45*

Pinwheel

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LC

This is probably wrong, but maybe it's the center, or close to the center of a template such as Brewers.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LC

This is probably wrong, but maybe it's the center, or close to the center of a template such as Brewers.

It looks good on paper.....but the Knights of the Golden Circle did not lay out treasures to be found with a simple template that any Heathen could have got his hand on and thus found the riches left by them that was intended to fund the next rebellion.
Sorry Bob, but I have little faith in the template theory based on our own experience. But I will say without a doubt that the K.G.C. used lines to place several things on, including symbols to lead you to other lines.

Just our four cents, L.C.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel, could you please expand on the "motherly corner?"

Thanks for the help, L.C.

Hi L.C.. Sorry, I was not ignoring you. I have been in the field working the trails.
The Motherly corner depends on who you ask. I believe that Old Dog in his "Basic signs and symbols " Thread has the most validity.

West of the Mississippi a lot of trails end with what some call a omega triangle. That goes for Spanish and KGC/outlaw trails as well. The corners of the triangle are #. 1, 2,3. The northern most corner is 1, The southern most corner is 3. and East or west corner being #2.

Some say the northern corner is the motherly. Some say the southern most corner is the mother. I think it depends on which group you are dealing with. The motherly corner is the corner you measure from if you are not given a corner to start measuring from. I hope it helps.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read the 1,2,3 description of the triangles. We have one that is aligned like you say north south and east. We also have another triangle that is more like an arrowhead that is north west north east and dead south. The latter is the one we were most concerned with at this time. Would you consider the southern point of it to be the motherly corner? View attachment 979733

Thanks for the help,L.C.

Attachments

• south.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lc

I do believe in the lines as well. In your metal clue findings have you found anything like csa buckles with maps on back? Or like old 2 man saw blades with clues/pointers?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
We have not had anything like that on this trail, but it sounds plausible, especially in the southern states. This trail is dealing with the inner circle and may be slightly more advanced in character and cipher.

L.C.

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lc

Any more advanced and I would have to seek mental help. These boys knew how to protect their stuff. Good luck to u man'

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have read the 1,2,3 description of the triangles. We have one that is aligned like you say north south and east. We also have another triangle that is more like an arrowhead that is north west north east and dead south. The latter is the one we were most concerned with at this time. Would you consider the southern point of it to be the motherly corner? It would make sense as we also have this symbol pointing south. View attachment 979733

Thanks for the help,L.C.

L.C. There are different kinds of triangles. I was only using the motherly corner as an example. There are also squares, circles, and rectangles that they used. From a masonic point of view the laying of the corner stones of the temple is a fascinating study.

Your needle and circle symbol makes me think of going through the needle's eye. Here in the mid south a needles eye is a cleft in a rocky crag or bluff. If it was pointing south, that would be the direction unless you had a pull sign or reverse symbol. Just my thoughts, I hope it helps.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C. There are different kinds of triangles. I was only using the motherly corner as an example. There are also squares, circles, and rectangles that they used. From a masonic point of view the laying of the corner stones of the temple is a fascinating study.

Your needle and circle symbol makes me think of going through the needle's eye. Here in the mid south a needles eye is a cleft in a rocky crag or bluff. If it was pointing south, that would be the direction unless you had a pull sign or reverse symbol. Just my thoughts, I hope it helps.

Pinwheel

We are under the impression it means part of the gold is buried in a circle at that point and more of it is at a point further south. " There are also squares, circles, and rectangles that they used." This something we have also seen and I believe it 100%. however, your needles eye theory is one that may need looked into. Thanks for your thoughts.

L.C.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions