Knights of the Golden Circle "RISING SUN" symbol

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That is a traditional Islamic symbol. I am aware that Shriners use it, as well. I also agree that it is common with the crescent on the bottom, 'horns up'. There is much more than just moon symbolism going on there, though, Rebel. That is also known as the Star of Venus or the Star of Ishtar. Ishtar was a Babylonian/Phonecian goddess:

View attachment 1034844

I know; was keeping within topic... YES, it IS symbol of Islam.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mmmkay, last afterthought for a bit, and this one is a tangent.

That bas relief of Ishtar gives a little more meaning to the phrase regarding HER getting her claws into you. As in one dude warning another dude, "Man, that new girl of yours really has her claws in you." (No offense any ladies who may be reading - I didn't coin it and don't use it, but am highly interested in word and phrase etymology)

Or am I the only one who has heard that expression?

Ishtar gets her claws in you, well, ... up, up, and away ... it is, but it ain't in ... her beautiful, her beautiful balloon ...

HA! I was responding to the Symbol of Islam "thing"; NOT sure why Ishtar was on my response. Trying to "bait" me into a "fight"...? "One dude WARNING another dude"... BRING IT ON!

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
from nobody: Ishtar gets her claws in you, well, ... up, up, and away ... it is, but it ain't in ... her beautiful, her beautiful balloon ...
nobody, i heard that phrase a few times and it was used in the sense that the girl was a '' gold digger '' or at least had him hooked up for the weddin' band.:laughing7::coffee2:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The K.G.C. / O.A.K. suckled on the ever flowing teat of the U.S. Government, especially during the "Reconstruction" or Civil war II as I like to call it. They placed themselves in office and thought up plans for the good of the cause ...wrote and passed bills with the Yankees and reshaped the country together. The only catch was the issued government contracts for specified things like colleges and state capitol buildings, as well as Lunatic asylums and schools for the deaf and blind. It was truly for the good of the cause....the country's as well as the K.G.C./O.A.K.'s.
Just look at the early litigation and bickering over Gov. Izzard's handling of the first Nebraska Capitol building at Omaha before Lincoln became the capitol of Nebraska. It was set up to be a project without a completion date......Now you may ask how could the K.G.C./ O.A.K. profit from that? Well they sold all of the materials to the government, they placed there men in all of the construction and project supervision jobs. They could inflate orders and prices and labor costs at will..not to mention they were also in the freighting business......the list goes on and on. They did it over and over in every territory that became a state they were there first. Just follow A.A Bradford, Hiram Pitt Benet and S.F. Nuckolls throughout their political couriers and see how handily Bradford and Benet were placed in Lincoln's cabinet. They had their hands in Colorado right after the O.A.K. plans for Nebraska went to hell. The Enyart brothers had a hand in financing and cattle /land/gold/banking speculations in Colorado also. Don't forget to look up the La Abra Silver Mining Company, it was another K.G.C./O.A.K. fraud which included S.F. Nuckolls, H.P. Benet and A.A. Bradford. The litigation went on for a decade between the U.S. Government, Mexico and the La Abra Company who was using the strong arm of the U.S. Government for weaseling funds fraudulently from the Mexicans.
They loved to use the Yankee Government and get paid for it.....take for instance the man that this thread was about who has this 'RISING SUN " symbol on top of his OAK monument decorated with the double headed phoenix with the number 33 and branches shaped in a triangle pattern. His name is W.E. Hill and he was put in charge of building the insane asylum at Lincoln Nebraska. When the project was finished he was asked to stay and run the place but he turned them down. He was a money man in Nebraska City and remained in a small group of peers.

hill rising sun.JPG freemasonkgcoak.jpg

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL. No Rebel, I'm not trying to bait you into a fight. Take off your Mason Stove Pipe Hat for a moment, for there was no dual, layered, or esoteric meaning to that post. The message was fully exoteric, and had nothing to do with you. I have wondered if that is your intent with me, however ...

HA! "NO Mason Stove Pipe Hat"... EVER! You had a "WARNING" for me... "Dude to Dude". BRING IT ON!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL. Now your just cluttering up the thread with paranoia. I'm still uncertain as to why you claim that post had anything to do with you. To try to bait me into a fight?...?

Ya know Rebel, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they really aren't out to get ya ...

Practicing Psychology now, eh...? Licensed, CERTIFIED, Bonded, etc. ?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There are 1000 threads on tnet full of this Bull:censored:.....could everyone leave their luggage in their room and lets get back to the debate. If you want to hold hands exchange phone numbers and be done with it.........

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll prequalify this post with the caveat that it may be seemingly off topic to some, but among a bunch 'o other stuff, there is some Sun symbolism.

In 1865, after the Civil War, Italian artist Constantino Brumidi began 11 months worth of work on a 4664 square foot fresco 180 feet above the rotunda floor of the Capitol Building, titled the Apotheosis of George Washington [for those that may not know, apotheosis refers to the deification of someone - transforming them into a god]:

View attachment 1035533

Brumidi had worked for three years in the Vatican under Pope Gregory XVI, and served several aristocrats as an artist for palaces and villas, including the prince Torlonia. He immigrated to the United States in 1852, and spent much of the last 25 years of his life working in the Capitol.

This is on the inside of the Capitol Dome, or Isis' pregnant belly, painted on the inside, her womb. You can see the 'Sun' in the center, surrounded by a triangle, making it the All Seeing Eye/Eye of Horus/etc.:

View attachment 1035541

Sitting on George's left is the goddess Victoria draped in green, and on his right is the goddess Liberty wearing the Phrygian cap (Liberty cap). Surrounding them are 13 maidens, each with a 5 pointed star above her head. Surrounding the entire fresco are 72 five pointed stars. 13 and 72 are important numbers to some folks.

Details of the fresco:

War

Freedom, also known as Columbia, is directly below Washington in the personification of War. The scene depicts a woman fighting for liberty with a raised sword, a cape, and a helmet and shield (in the colors of the American flag) trampling figures representing Tyranny and Kingly Power. To Freedom's left assisting her is a fierce bald eagle (the bald eagle is the national bird of the United States) carrying arrows and a thunderbolt (reminiscent of the arrows carried by the eagle in the Great Seal of the United States).

View attachment 1035552

Science

Minerva, the Roman goddess of crafts and wisdom, is portrayed with helmet and spear pointing to an electrical generator creating power stored in batteries next to a printing press, representing great American inventions. American scientists and inventors Benjamin Franklin, Samuel F. B. Morse, and Robert Fulton watch. In the left part of the scene a teacher demonstrates the use of dividers.

View attachment 1035555

Marine

This scene shows Neptune, the Roman sea-god, with trident and crown of seaweed riding in a shell chariot drawn by sea horses. Venus, goddess of love born from the sea, is depicted helping to lay the transatlantic telegraph cable which ran from America to the Telegraph Field in Ireland. In the background is an ironclad warship with smokestacks.

View attachment 1035556

Commerce

Mercury, the Roman god of commerce, with his winged petasos and sandals and a caduceus, is depicted giving a bag of gold to American Revolutionary War financier Robert Morris. To the left, men move a box on a dolly; on the right, the anchor and sailors lead into "Marine."

View attachment 1035557

Mechanics

Vulcan, the Roman god of fire and the forge, is depicted standing at an anvil with his foot on a cannon next to a pile of cannonballs. A steam engine is in the background. The man at the forge is thought to represent Charles Thomas, the supervisor of ironwork during the construction of the Capitol dome.

View attachment 1035558

Agriculture

Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture, is shown with a wreath of wheat and a cornucopia, symbol of plenty, while sitting on a McCormick mechanical reaper. The personification of Young America in a liberty cap holds the reins of the horses, while the goddess Flora gathers flowers in the foreground.

View attachment 1035559

I don't believe those are paintings by Giotto are they?

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after a quick read I see that he was all over that place painting pictures. They are all known to contain allegory, but it is more or less specific to a certain wing or area of the building. Take for instance the picture with the inventors that you posted...it is in the area known as the Patent Corridor. What was the point you were trying to raise by posting the pictures? I think I missed it.:icon_scratch:

L.C.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. I think that we need to take a closer look at the activities of Misters Hill and Moore. They seem to have cut a wide swath and were active in much more than I believed. Spent the better part of two hours just tracking some of their business activities. Sure that there are many more that were done "Ahum" under the table. Looks like them and the Enyart's and Chiles might have had a whole lot more going than meets the eye.

I am getting to know more about the history and people of a certain county than I do about my home county of O'Brien county in Iowa.

Senior Deacon

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Rising Sun Or Moon?

Thought I would throw this one out to those that may have some insight on it's meaning to them. Hopefully it could open your eyes to what to look for in the future.

Thanks for your input, L.C. Baker

View attachment 1001815 View attachment 1001823

Howdy L.C.,

Thinking about the Shadow Symbol I am studying.
Maybe it is Sun, and Not Moon, since it appears
it is catching light, to make the positive
highlight, of the overall shape?

Your experience, opinion, or any enlightening, you may be able
to illuminate on this, would be kindly appreciated. Sorry this
shot is not real clear. Thanks in advance... Crosse :cross:

View attachment 1041864

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy L.C.,

Thinking about the Shadow Symbol I am studying.
Maybe it is Sun, and Not Moon, since it appears
it is catching light, to make the positive
highlight, of the overall shape?

Your experience, opinion, or any enlightening, you may be able
to illuminate on this, would be kindly appreciated. Sorry this
shot is not real clear. Thanks in advance... Crosse :cross:

View attachment 1041864

From my experience... if it does not have rays marked on it, then it is a moon. This came to light when I miss interpreted this symbol to be representing the sun at high noon which turned out to be the moon at midnight.
midnight symbol.jpg

L.C.

P.S. I think you may have an owl there too.:thumbsup:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
From my experience... if it does not have rays marked on it, then it is a moon. This came to light when I miss interpreted this symbol to be representing the sun at high noon which turned out to be the moon at midnight.
View attachment 1042019

L.C.

P.S. I think you may have an owl there too.:thumbsup:

Just One? ...LOL! 8-) :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

Thanks L.C., Hope you have time to visit the Spirit Rendezvous this evenin', :occasion14: ...Crosse :cross:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
To date we have only encountered the rising sun of the K.G.C. which I have posted and the Moon symbol I posted today.

L.C.

P.S. Duality is an understatement!:occasion14:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"Duality"...? Eh...?

I was referring to Nobody's statement Rebel. "So much of this stuff contains levels of duality on how a symbol can be interpreted."

From what I have studied duality is an understatement...as in some of the symbolism has many meanings to choose from depending on how and where it is represented.

L.C.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread