Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE NEEDLES EYE REVEALED!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. BAKER View Post
    While doing more research I ran across this info which I thought to be very relevant to the needles eye that revealed the constellation of Libra.

Albert Pike mentions several forms of the name CHiram: Khirm, Khurm, and Khur-Om, the latter ending in the sacred Hindu monosyllable OM, which may also be extracted from the names of Solomon's three murderers. Pike further relates the three ruffians to a triad of stars in the constellation of Libra and also calls attention to the fact that the Chaldean god Bal--metamorphosed into a demon by the Jews--appears in the name of each of the murderers, Jubela, Jubelo, and Jubelum. To interpret the Hiramic legend requires familiarity with both the Pythagorean and Qabbalistic systems of numbers and letters, and also the philosophic and astronomic cycles of the Egyptians, Chaldeans, and Brahmins. For example, consider the number 33. The first temple of Solomon stood for thirty-three years in its pristine splendor. At the end of that time it was pillaged by the Egyptian King Shishak, and finally (588 B.C.) it was completely destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar and the people of Jerusalem were led into captivity to Babylon. (See General History of Freemasonry, by Robert Macoy.) Also King David ruled for thirty-three years in Jerusalem; the Masonic Order is divided into thirty-three symbolic degrees; there are thirty-three segments in the human spinal column; and Jesus was crucified in the thirty-third year of His life.

L.C.
    THAT is Scottish Rite, only. Only TEN degrees in York Rite; 7, TRUTHFULLY... (RAM). Degrees 8-10 are NOT in Chapter nor Council...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 09, 2014 at 07:21 AM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    1985 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    THAT is Scottish Rite, only. Only TEN degrees in York Rite; 7, TRUTHFULLY (RAM). Degrees 8-10 are NOT in Chapter nor Council...
    What does that have to do with what Albert Pike was talking about? Is it abnormal for him to be linked to the Scottish Rite? Does that also link the K.G.C./O.A.K. to the Scottish Rite?

L.C.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Nah... YOUR "post" (#30); ONLY the Scottish Rite has 32-33 Degrees. YORK has "Blue Lodge" (1-3), RAM (4-7), and Masonic KT (8-10; ; 10 Degrees). HIGHEST Degree is Master Master... without it, NO Scottish Rite, NO York Rite (including Masonic KT). AND! NO "Shrine"... which has "Cresent Moon & Star".
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 09, 2014 at 07:36 AM.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Got anything on Albert Pike & Cryptic Masonry...? He was YORK Rite, too...

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    R & I indicates CRYPTIC Degrees in York Rite ---> 7th Degree; SIMILAR to 13th Degree in Scottish Rite (Albert Pike): Royal Arch of Enoch/Knights of the 9th Arch. Will review Pike's M & D regarding 13th Degree of A & A SR: SJ, tomorrow. In 1884, it was known as ROYAL ARCH OF SOLOMON.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 10, 2014 at 08:14 PM.
    L.C. BAKER likes this.

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    814 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Rebel the Degrees of the Council those of the Royal Master and the Select Master are all intermixed with the A & A SR. Pike would have been very familiar with those two if not the third degree that of Super Excellent Master. In this case we only need to be concerned about the first two degrees. It would seem that whoever was behind the K.G.C. had a very good working knowledge of these two degrees. It would seemed that the first two degrees of the K.G.C. were patterned after the blue or craft degrees but the Third or where the big bugs hung out was taken out of the first two degrees of the council.

If we concern ourselves with only the hiding of treasure that we need only look at these two degrees. Those of the Royal and Select Masters and there signs and symbols. This is a link to the explanation of the York Rite degrees and pay attention to the council degrees. DEGREES Any of it look the least bit familiar?

If it was Pike he borrowed heavily from this. At the time (1850's) the York Rite was the more popular and powerful of the two rites. It was not until after the war and after the SR degrees were rewritten by Pike and promoted by him that it took over from the York Rite. In this case I have to think that the Third Degree of the K.G.C. and the first two degrees of the Council were interwoven and much the same without revealing any of the secrets of Freemasonry.In doing it in that manner those of any persuasion could join and be a part of with out offence to any one but maybe themselves. Pike was no dummy and would have been smart enough to put it together and sell the whole package as for God and Country. Particularly to the States Rights Club bunch. Not only that but the directions for hiding something that could later be found are all set in place as a text book course. Then once again you have to be on the inside to be able to see what is on the outside. AS above SO below.

Senior Deacon

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by senior deacon View Post
    Rebel the Degrees of the Council those of the Royal Master and the Select Master are all intermixed with the A & A SR. Pike would have been very familiar with those two if not the third degree that of Super Excellent Master. In this case we only need to be concerned about the first two degrees. It would seem that whoever was behind the K.G.C. had a very good working knowledge of these two degrees. It would seemed that the first two degrees of the K.G.C. were patterned after the blue or craft degrees but the Third or where the big bugs hung out was taken out of the first two degrees of the council.

If we concern ourselves with only the hiding of treasure that we need only look at these two degrees. Those of the Royal and Select Masters and there signs and symbols. This is a link to the explanation of the York Rite degrees and pay attention to the council degrees. DEGREES Any of it look the least bit familiar?

If it was Pike he borrowed heavily from this. At the time (1850's) the York Rite was the more popular and powerful of the two rites. It was not until after the war and after the SR degrees were rewritten by Pike and promoted by him that it took over from the York Rite. In this case I have to think that the Third Degree of the K.G.C. and the first two degrees of the Council were interwoven and much the same without revealing any of the secrets of Freemasonry.In doing it in that manner those of any persuasion could join and be a part of with out offence to any one but maybe themselves. Pike was no dummy and would have been smart enough to put it together and sell the whole package as for God and Country. Particularly to the States Rights Club bunch. Not only that but the directions for hiding something that could later be found are all set in place as a text book course. Then once again you have to be on the inside to be able to see what is on the outside. AS above SO below.

Senior Deacon
    Well said, SD. The Council was part of "FRENCH" Scottish Rite in the "beginning days", then went "independent" with Jeremy Cross combining the Royal Master Degree & the Select Master Degree... advocating the Council as a separate "system" of degrees; with the degree of Super Excellent Master Degree added later, absorbed in York Rite. The name "Jeremy Cross" was a name "attached" to the Beale Treasure; INTERESTING story... NO proof of THAT "event". NOW! KGC was stated to have THREE degrees; my "hunch" is that they are "similar" to Royal Master Degree, Select Master Degree, & Super Excellent Master Degree of the Council; AND! The 7th Degree of RAM (York Rite)/13th Degree of Scottish Rite are "connected"... just more R & I to do, with LOTS of "High Test" COFFEE! MORE, later! I will review the 1st Degree of the Castroville, Tx KGC Castle (on-line)... TX had 32 castles in 27 counties!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 11, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
    senior deacon likes this.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    AND! The TWO "experts" on KGC in TX (on TN) are "Texas Jay" (Bloody Bill Anderson "gang") and "Walter Colt" (has list of KGC members in TX)... SO! Previous R & I indicated that Bloody Bill Anderson was TX KGC ready to invade Mexico; then the CONFEDERATE WAR started, and the LONE STAR state sent ALL KGC to become CSA REBELS with "Q". After the SOUTH "lost", KGC/CSA Vets became OUTLAWS in TX "area"; once they were "civilized", they became TEXAS RANGERS! HA!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM.
    L.C. BAKER likes this.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    NOW! About Albert Pike & the 13th Degree of Scottish Rite/SJ... gotta get MORE "High Test" Coffee... BBL!

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    814 times
    Rebel so where did Pike hang out ? Where was he given the 33rd. and where was he appointed Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the S.R.? Could It have been New Orleans where the French Rite is practiced to this day!!! Now things are getting juicy for sure. Now I better get another cup of the really High Test Coffee.

Senior Deacon
    L.C. BAKER likes this.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by senior deacon View Post
    Rebel so where did Pike hang out ? Where was he given the 33rd. and where was he appointed Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the S.R.? Could It have been New Orleans where the French Rite is practiced to this day!!! Now things are getting juicy for sure. Now I better get another cup of the really High Test Coffee.

Senior Deacon
    I think it WAS New Orleans... reviewing my copies of M & D, including one with a PURPLE cover; MUST be "special". I have several copies to review... 1866 - 1966; found in "old things" shop for 50 cent each! Will then review 13th Degree Ritual of the Scottish Rite/SJ.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 11, 2014 at 08:30 PM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    1985 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    I believe it was Arkansas. "Albert Pike settled in Little Rock, and was a prominent citizen here in Arkansas until his old Confederate ties and the post-war/reconstruction economy caused him to move to DC. The Valley of Little Rock, as well as the Grand Lodge of Arkansas meet in the Albert Pike Memorial Temple, AASR, at the intersection of 7th and Scott streets. 4 blocks down 7th street, at the intersection of 7th & Rock, is Pike's old home, built in 1838, currently a museum of sorts and event center owned by the city of Little Rock. The Pike family's burial plot is a short distance away in Mt. Holly Cemetery, at the intersection of 12th and Broadway. Albert Pike was raised a Master Mason in Western Star Lodge #2, and was a founding member of Union Chapter #2, RAM, Occidental Council R&SM, and Hugh de Payens Commandery #1, all of which still meet at the Grand Lodge building at 700 Scott Street, as well as Magnolia Lodge #60, still active on Markham Street, near War Memorial Stadium. An excellent book, if you can find it, is Walter Brown's "A Life of Albert Pike," written in 1990 and published by the University of Arkansas Press."

General Albert Pike | My Freemasonry | Masonic Education and Discussion Forum

Great Stuff! Cheers to you both! L.C.
    Last edited by L.C. BAKER; Oct 11, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Taken from The Book of the Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry by Charles T. McClenechan. 13th Degree: Royal Arch of Enoch (or Knights of the 9th Arch). INTERESTING!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 11, 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Jun 2007
    9603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. BAKER View Post
    I believe it was Arkansas. "Albert Pike settled here in Little Rock, and was a prominent citizen here in Arkansas until his old Confederate ties and the post-war/reconstruction economy caused him to move to DC. The Valley of Little Rock, as well as the Grand Lodge of Arkansas meet in the Albert Pike Memorial Temple, AASR, at the intersection of 7th and Scott streets. 4 blocks down 7th street, at the intersection of 7th & Rock, is Pike's old home, built in 1838, currently a museum of sorts and event center owned by the city of Little Rock. The Pike family's burial plot is a short distance away in Mt. Holly Cemetery, at the intersection of 12th and Broadway. Albert Pike was raised a Master Mason in Western Star Lodge #2, and was a founding member of Union Chapter #2, RAM, Occidental Council R&SM, and Hugh de Payens Commandery #1, all of which still meet at the Grand Lodge building at 700 Scott Street, as well as Magnolia Lodge #60, still active on Markham Street, near War Memorial Stadium. An excellent book, if you can find it, is Walter Brown's "A Life of Albert Pike," written in 1990 and published by the University of Arkansas Press."

General Albert Pike | My Freemasonry | Masonic Education and Discussion Forum

Great Stuff! Cheers to you both! L.C.
    THANKS! MORE to come! I DO have some of AP's book of poems, etc. I MAY have the book by Brown... will look in my library, tomorrow.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 11, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    L.C. BAKER likes this.

Jul 2014
    Humboldt, Iowa
    814 times
    L.C. Most of the big events in his life Masonically happened in two places. Washington D.C. and New Orleans, Louisiana. He was coronated 33rd. Degree S.R. in New Orleans 1853 and was elected Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the S.R in New Orleans in 1859. The man that announced Albert Pike as S.G.I. G. was no less a person the Dr. Albert Mackey. I have a feeling that due to the dates of both the Scottish Rite and the K.G.C. that both Mackey and Pike were involved in some way. More than likely it was a payback from Mackey to Pike for writing the K.G.C. ritual. Mackey the brilliant Masonic mind and Pike the brilliant Masonic ritualist. Later Pike would take the mantel from Mackey. Both were states righters and Mackey was based in Charleston birth place of the S.R. in the U.S.A. Only after the war was the headquarters of the S.R. was moved to Washington D.C. Since Pike would, after the war, not be considered for the supreme court at least he could be close to the seat of power. In Washington he would rewrite the ritual for the Scottish Rite and promote it to be the Rite to join. In the process vault himself in the position of the premier authority of masonry for all time. Not only that but Pike was fond of good food and wine and that was something that was not plentiful in Little Rock as it was in New Orleans or Washington. Years after his death we still speculate and wonder.

The most telling of what you posted is the fact that he was instrumental in instituting a Council of Royal and Select Masters. Which tells us that he had a intimate knowledge of the Degrees. It is not a giant step to connect the dots on this one. BTW Pike was York rite before he became a Scottish Rite Mason. Collectively we may get this all figured out yet.

Senior Deacon
    Rebel - KGC and L.C. BAKER like this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links