Signs or my imagination...Your opinion appreciated!

okhntr

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Southwest Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATgold , Garrett pin pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, my husband and I were headed out for a weekend getaway and the plan was to play different golf courses as we traveled from s.w. Okla. To s.e okla. But the first day out it was raining so we decided to go to lake Murray and visit the nature museum. It was still raining so I didn't take my camera. If you walk thru the nature museum you can walk up to the north tower that was built as a governors retreat by the C.C.C back in the day. as we walked up to the tower i noticed the stone owl that is above the entrance ...after we walked thru the tower and read its history I couldn't help think of treasurenet so I told my husband as we were leaving...let's see if we can follow the "sign" to the next mark.. He thinks I'm crazy.....not far ahead on the right side image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg of the path is a pointer tree.... How do I know this....pictures from treasure net of what a pointer tree looks like....a ways up from pointer tree number one is pointer tree #2 on the opposite side of the path....it's pointing to a rock face that is part covered by trees...I could not believe it when I saw an X carved into the rock...I was freaking at this point and my husbands reaction was somewhat indifferent. I didn't take pictures, but the marks are there...the owl and trees are there. After we leave lake Murray nature museum it's still raining so we head to fort Washita which is east of lake Murray..I didn't know that this fort was once a confederate fort during the war. The pictures are from the fort, not the lake tower. I hope the pictures will appear at the end of this post and not in the middle! Notice the name on the tomb stone. The first three letters on the tomb stone are C.G.K. There were masons symbols on two other graves and one grave with woodsmen circle on it. It was very interesting to say the least!

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a good place to be looking for signs, but I believe the tree has been hit by lightning... The owl is interesting. The mans wife was named Minerva...

He wasn't what I would call inner circle material, but he could very well have had some acquaintances that were. He was the first post master which is also interesting do to the implications of the K.G.C. and the U.S. Mail system that has been brought to light recently. The postman knows everyone and he delivered mail over and under the table......

Charles B. Kingsberry was a farmer and stockman, living in the Chickasaw Nation, Indian Territory. He served five years in the United States Army, regular troops, and four years in the Confederate Army. He died in the Chickasaw Nation, June 6, 1886.

Charles married Minerva Jane McCoy October 30, 1863. She was the daughter of James and Sibbie (Adams) McCoy. They were parents of Charles E, George H, William McCoy, Minnie B, May E, Henry and Douglass M.

One of his descendants says that Charles was a Captain at the Fort and that is where he probably met his wife Minerva Jane. The Fort had been buying beef from the McCoy family. This descendant also says that Charles Kingsberry was the first Postmaster of Colbert, OK. He also says that Charles headstone was originally located in the McCoy family cemetery, McCoy Hill, which is located not far from the Fort (SE about 6 miles). If it was me...I would find out when and who moved him and where he was originally and search that area for further signs.

Great stuff! Hope I helped, L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So, my husband and I were headed out for a weekend getaway and the plan was to play different golf courses as we traveled from s.w. Okla. To s.e okla. But the first day out it was raining so we decided to go to lake Murray and visit the nature museum. It was still raining so I didn't take my camera. If you walk thru the nature museum you can walk up to the north tower that was built as a governors retreat by the C.C.C back in the day. as we walked up to the tower i noticed the stone owl that is above the entrance ...after we walked thru the tower and read its history I couldn't help think of treasurenet so I told my husband as we were leaving...let's see if we can follow the "sign" to the next mark.. He thinks I'm crazy.....not far ahead on the right side View attachment 1029257 View attachment 1029260 View attachment 1029259 View attachment 1029261 View attachment 1029263 of the path is a pointer tree.... How do I know this....pictures from treasure net of what a pointer tree looks like....a ways up from pointer tree number one is pointer tree #2 on the opposite side of the path....it's pointing to a rock face that is part covered by trees...I could not believe it when I saw an X carved into the rock...I was freaking at this point and my husbands reaction was somewhat indifferent. I didn't take pictures, but the marks are there...the owl and trees are there. After we leave lake Murray nature museum it's still raining so we head to fort Washita which is east of lake Murray..I didn't know that this fort was once a confederate fort during the war. The pictures are from the fort, not the lake tower. I hope the pictures will appear at the end of this post and not in the middle! Notice the name on the tomb stone. The first three letters on the tomb stone are C.G.K. There were masons symbols on two other graves and one grave with woodsmen circle on it. It was very interesting to say the least!

GREAT "PICS"! "C.G.K." is KGC backward... GOOD catch!

OP
OP
O

okhntr

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Southwest Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg It is a B and not a G on the headstone! The font is older. Here are pictures of the owl. I didn't know there was a cave below the north tower. The second tree from my first post, the one without the owl, at the bottom center, do you see anything? The multi color heart shape on the upper left side of the trunk? This tree is out side the back of the post office. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

okhntr

Greenie
Feb 18, 2013
Southwest Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the B be a lower case g ? That's what I thought it was at first. I posted a bigger picture. What do you think L.C?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread