K.G.C. / O.A.K. SYMBOL

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
K.G.C. Symbol 25.jpg K.G.C. Symbol 26.jpg

Anyone else ever run into this symbol on a K.G.C. / O.A.K. Trail?

I would appreciate any facts,thoughts, or speculation, :occasion14:Thanks L.C.:thumbsup:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a different take in it is part of a compass heading. Think that you will find at least two and they will point in a direction. What could have been on top of the markers Well notice that the bars are off set and the could have been placed on Houses,on Grave stones, On the decorative brick work on buildings, in town squares. I find it interesting to go to Google earth maps and look at town buildings. Some times they give up some curious patterns. Especially those built in the south after the War of Northern Aggression.

Senior Deacon.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have not seen such. Triangulation in caching an item would not use more common dead center for site using shown symbol though it would be close.
Depending on points used for triangle ,the shown rectangle could be far from center and on a large site,(if the rectangle is a site within the larger site) corners could be lined diagonally to find yet another center.
Two triangles can make a shape also. Not knowing the reference of the area the single tri could be a half of a property out line,or a township section, or?

Last edited:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this before, except my piece of metal had a square instead of rectangle on it. It was found on a "trail" I was perusing. There are 360 degrees in a rectangle. Try that for a bearing. That worked for me. Or perhaps that is the distance to go from the motherly corner?....steve

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets remember that these men were very educated and would have understood Geometry , Trigonometry,Algebra, and the the other physical sciences of the day. The common man of the day would have known the basics of mathematics. In that way they could have hid much in plain site. Kind of like the medical community can hid things from us today by using language and terminology that we can not understand. One of the reasons that latin and some of the ancient languages that the elite would have studied and could read. It is said that Pike could read 16 different languages. Most of the elite could read at least three. The common man could barely read one, may be. School was a off and on thing in most of America. Children were considered labor to help on the farm or around the house. In my own community school wasn't held October and November so that the kids could help with the crop harvest and fish and Hunt the duck and deer season. They did this up until the time of the First World War.

So what would the people of the 1860' s thur the 1880's have thought if they came across by accident one of these markers. To take it a step farther how do we know that some of the tree markers that we find were not put there by some backwoodsman to denote a deer trail, trap line, or way to a hunting blind or shack that that they had way back in the woods. But back to the markers. How many of us today have a solid background in higher mathematics to the point of being able to figure out logarithms, Tangents, and the area of oval or a parallelogram? Been many years since I have made any of those calculations and doubt that I could do it today with out the aid of a scientific calculator. These men had none of this plus they had a good knowledge of Astronomy. With out a GPS how many of us could navigate across the land as the people of the 1800's and up thur the 1900. How many of us can tell the time to within 15 minutes day or night by the sun or stars? Very FEW!!! Now let us throw in a bit of cryptic esoteric knowledge on top of that and your mind is in for a real run for it's money.

As L.C. Baker has stated on more than one occasion on this board one must put himself or herself in the mind of the man in the 1850's. and I might add the mind of the very well educated man of that era. Just some ramblings from a old geezer with some insight. As I say put that in you pipe and smoke it.

Senior Deacon

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1032687 View attachment 1032688

Anyone else ever run into this symbol on a K.G.C. / O.A.K. Trail?

I would appreciate any facts,thoughts, or speculation, :occasion14:Thanks L.C.:thumbsup:

Hi LC. IMHO there is not enough information about this symbol to make an honest opinion about. Is this symbol a piece of metal? Or Is it carved into a tree or stone? Is it on a vertical or horizontal surface? Each piece of information will change the interpretation of the symbol.

If you had a pic of the symbol would be great. I can not tell alot about the drawing. Is this one triangle or is it two with the points pointing up and down?

My first reaction is that it is contextual. The surroundings will determine the interpretation but that is just a guess.

Pinwheel

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WB, Pinwheel. I agree; IF the two "triangles" were "slotted in", it would make the STAR OF DAVID (Jewish Star) which means "As ABOVE, so BELOW"; it has SIX points.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WB, Pinwheel. I agree; IF the two "triangles" were "slotted in", it would make the STAR OF DAVID (Jewish Star) which means "As ABOVE, so BELOW"; it has SIX points.

Hey Rebel. You have'nt called any banchees down on me lately have you?:occasion14: Yess as above so below is is one message. when you learn the other message doors will open. At least the doors of understanding.

Pinwheel

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Rebel. You have'nt called any banchees down on me lately have you?:occasion14: Yess as above so below is is one message. when you learn the other message doors will open. At least the doors of understanding.

Pinwheel

Nah... NO "Wailing Banchees" for ya; HA! DO tell, about the OTHER message... I got doors to open.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

Pinwheel
Pinwheel, good post: as Rebel says, come on with a little more good stuff. I have a door that is stuck like it is welded. need a tool to cut the weld off.:coffee2: have one on me.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nah... NO "Wailing Banchees" for ya; HA! DO tell, about the OTHER message... I got doors to open.

Ooooh Rebel. You can not expect a guy to give everything away on the first date.:laughing7: A guy must hold something back to create an air of mystic. Otherwise He could be classed as uninteresting.:goldbar:

Pinwheel

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought but the Star of David in the esoteric world is also known as " Solomon's Seal " or " Seal of Solomon " not to be confused with the plant of the same name. Seal of Solomon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Solomon's Seal - Eden Saga Think that it is worth a few hours of study. It may lead somewhere as Pike thought that it was of some great importance.

As a second thought when you are out in the field best know what the plant Solomon Seal looks like they could have used it as a marker. It is one of those plants that is hardy and will keep growing in the same place a long time. Polygonatum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia [ Growing the Elegant Shade Perennial Polygonatum

Senior Deacon

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ooh! THRILL ME!

Oh Rebel. Your so funny. I bet you don't even try to be. I bet it just oooooozzzzzes out like a biscut that has plenty of honey in it. Speaking of biscuts and honey you know what they say. "Here today and gone tomorrow".

Pinwheel

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Oh Rebel. Your so funny. I bet you don't even try to be. I bet it just oooooozzzzzes out like a biscut that has plenty of honey in it. Speaking of biscuts and honey you know what they say. "Here today and gone tomorrow".

Pinwheel

CLOVER honey, ONLY! The rest is just bee crap...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread