KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE IN NEBRASKA CITY

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little did Mr. Edgar Harmon know that the K.G.C./ O.A.K were in operation at the time that he wrote that article. Lucky he was living in Omaha at the time or who knows what would have happened. Dead men tell no tales. Good read thank you for posting it.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame on him The old men did what they felt was right for the time. I will say that Nebraska had a hard time with land pre-emption. This was not only a problem in the southeast part of the state but in the Northwest part of the state also. It was bad in the Valentine, Nebraska area in the 1870's to the point that they had there own Moderator/Regulator War. More that a few necktie parties were held up there in that part of the state.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been reading about the masonic order and the fact that they held trials and dished out punishment for those that were guilty of discretion against the order. The supreme council would travel great distances to be present in Nebraska City and elsewhere and hold members accountable for their specific offense. As Freemasons we have all heard this in ritual, but in those days it was often a reality and they followed through.

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have been reading about the masonic order and the fact that they held trials and dished out punishment for those that were guilty of discretion against the order. The supreme council would travel great distances to be present in Nebraska City and elsewhere and hold members accountable for their specific offense. As Freemasons we have all heard this in ritual, but in those days it was often a reality and they followed through.

L.C.

Supreme Council is ONLY for Scottish Rite bodies; there is a Southern Jurisdiction (with Albert Pike), and a Northern Jurisdiction. For "Blue" Lodges (Degrees 1-3), there was/is NO United Grand Lodge of America (like UGLE in England... United Grand Lodge(s) - England). Each state in America has its own Grand Lodge...
Masonic Trials & "punishments"...? MORE a reality in the OLD days... the Morgan Affair in 1820's; Italy P-2 Lodge in which a banker was hung from a bridge... in the 1970's.

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel Having a dual lodge membership in both my mother lodge ( one I was raised in ) and the one in Louisiana the one my Father-in-Law belongs to. Two years ago I was summons by the Louisiana lodge to come and be a part of a Masonic Trial. A offence occurred and the decision of the lodge was to expel the offender from Masonry. He is now under that sentence. I can tell you that at least in Louisiana it is alive and well. You better be a brother good and true at least down here.

You are correct Supreme Council is a Scottish Rite thing. North and South. I find it strange that the southern jurisdiction is everything west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon Line with the exception of Wisconsin. Only Three of the states in the war of Northern Aggression that are in the southern jurisdiction are Iowa ,Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Guess Pike did get his revenge on the north somewhat. Loss the battle and win the war. Now it is easier to understand the U.S.A./C.S.A." Save Your Confederate Money Boy's the South Will Rise Again." that was a old song that was popular in the 1960's in the barbershop quartet's songbook.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel Having a dual lodge membership in both my mother lodge ( one I was raised in ) and the one in Louisiana the one my Father-in-Law belongs to. Two years ago I was summons by the Louisiana lodge to come and be a part of a Masonic Trial. A offence occurred and the decision of the lodge was to expel the offender from Masonry. He is now under that sentence. I can tell you that at least in Louisiana it is alive and well. You better be a brother good and true at least down here.

You are correct Supreme Council is a Scottish Rite thing. North and South. I find it strange that the southern jurisdiction is everything west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon Line with the exception of Wisconsin. Only Three of the states in the war of Northern Aggression that are in the southern jurisdiction are Iowa ,Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Guess Pike did get his revenge on the north somewhat. Loss the battle and win the war. Now it is easier to understand the U.S.A./C.S.A." Save Your Confederate Money Boy's the South Will Rise Again." that was a old song that was popular in the 1960's in the barbershop quartet's songbook.

Senior Deacon

Been "Blue" Lodge member since 1977; NEVER seen a "Masonic Trial"...

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel like a court of law the Senior warden is prosecution, Junior Warden the defence, Worshipful Master the Judge, and the craft the jury. First time I saw one and I was sitting by a Deputy Sheriff that was to give testimony. I was sent a summons to attend and a roll of the craft was taken with those brother ether out of town or infirmed excused. All but 7 brothers were in attendance. Lodge was packed one of the biggest lodge meeting that I had ever attended. Both side took it very seriously. My first one since joining at 21 in 1970. It was a experience!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel like a court of law the Senior warden is prosecution, Junior Warden the defence, Worshipful Master the Judge, and the craft the jury. First time I saw one and I was sitting by a Deputy Sheriff that was to give testimony. I was sent a summons to attend and a roll of the craft was taken with those brother ether out of town or infirmed excused. All but 7 brothers were in attendance. Lodge was packed one of the biggest lodge meeting that I had ever attended. Both side took it very seriously. My first one since joining at 21 in 1970. It was a experience!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Deacon

WOW! Thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread