TVA

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PoplarHill I would say on first thought NO. It was started out as part of the National Recovery Act in the first part of the F.D. Roosevelt administration. It went on in to the late 1960's ( Tellico last big dam ). It wasn't until the 1943 that it came a very big part of the military with supplying electricity to the Aluminium industry and then to the Nuclear Energy (Atomic Bomb) production. The real thing that the TVA did was to help the people of the Tennessee and the 6 surrounding states to help bring them out of poverty during the Great Depression. The TVA help in that regard but not to the extent that it could have.

Here is something else to think about that by having the TVA it has brought more manufacturing to the south. While places like Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh are now part of the rust belt and there manufacturing days are now behind them the south is going and growing. May be one of the things that the K.G.C. wanted. The U.S.A. ( the Union ) during the last Civil War had all the manufacturing the next one the south will have all the manufacturing ,Energy, and Natural Resources. I think with the way that it is today that the Union would have a much harder time to win a war against the south do to the fact that today everything that they had the south now has. Case in point IF there was a second Civil War how would the North heat their homes and power there businesses. I think that the Natural Gas and Heating Oil pipelines would be shut down very quickly and How would they fuel their vehicles they have put most of the refineries in the south so they could not have to have there water and air contaminated with dirty oil.

Not to say that you are wrong in you assumption PoplarHill, Just that you would want to have the more important things in place if you wanted to have a second war than to have your treasure hidden by water.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
They had the connections to do it if they wanted to. I wouldn't put it past them to use the lakes to their benefit even if it was used to flood a booby trapped false entrance to a hoard. They were in power for a long long time and they had control of almost everything without explanation. .....others they had to make up an explanation for from time to time:laughing7:

Just my two cents, L.C.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread