KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE IN NEBRASKA CITY, NEBRASKA

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS I like all of it except this part. " Martin was to deliver the money to John Wilkes Booth, but his ship went down in a storm with all hands, 1864." That I will have to agree to disagree with you on my friend.

L.C.
Booth and Martin were together in Montreal, Oct 27, 1864, where Booth exchanged currency at the Bank of Ontario.
Booth was back in Washington ,Nov 9, 1864.
Martin was to ship a wardrobe and additional funds to Booth in Baltimore, but his ship was lost at sea, December, 1864.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Teddy Roosevelt's mother was Martha "Mittie" Bullock, whose family owned a large plantation in Roswell ,Georgia, and two of her brothers were officers in the CSA...
When Benjamin, Breckinridge, and Wood escaped through Florida from the Union, they stayed at CSA Brig Gen Robert Bullock's house in Ocala/Marion county, May, 1865, who was part of the Georgia Bullock family.
The Marshall family of Abbeville, SC, who also aided in the escape, also had a Plantation in Marion county on the Oklawaha River.
CSA Capt John William Pearson of Orange Springs on the Oklawaha, was a business partner of Yulee (Benjamin's cousin, Benjamin also had two cousins that lived in Ocala) had a machine shop that furnished cannons, guns, and munitions for the Florida Confederacy.The Orange Springs Methodist Church, built in 1852 on lad donated by Pearson is still standing and in use, and where the son of CSA Capt J J Dickinson(Florida's swamp fox) is buried.
Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders came through Ocala on their way to Tampa, then on to Cuba.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Booth and Martin were together in Montreal, Oct 27, 1864, where Booth exchanged currency at the Bank of Ontario.
Booth was back in Washington ,Nov 9, 1864.
Martin was to ship a wardrobe and additional funds to Booth in Baltimore, but his ship was lost at sea, December, 1864.

Their plans had many faucets E.C.S. There is No doubt in my mind that you have researched this one and found all of the facts you have stated to be true. I am saying that John Wilkes Booth traveled North from Indian Territory (Oklahoma) to Nebraska City, Nebraska where he was paid the assassins share in gold by his K.G.C. brothers there. He left that city in a wagon with it and was next seen in Texas going by the name of John St. Helen. I think we are both right.

L.C.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
An assassin on the run would have to have a pretty good reason to travel into enemy territory being the #1 wanted man in America with the face of the #1 actor in America. :goldbar::coins::goldbar::coins::3barsgold:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
"Booth and Martin were together in Montreal, Oct 27, 1864, where Booth exchanged currency at the Bank of Ontario.
Booth was back in Washington ,Nov 9, 1864."

On November 17, 1864, Ben Ficklin purchased Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. He also admitted he met with Tucker in 1864, but I have not found a record of the exsact date. It all seems to coinside with a large amount of money being passed out at that time. Ficklin also said he cashed some drafts in the first week of April of 1865, but he did not care to say from whom they were drawn or for how much.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Booth and Martin were together in Montreal, Oct 27, 1864, where Booth exchanged currency at the Bank of Ontario.
Booth was back in Washington ,Nov 9, 1864."

On November 17, 1864, Ben Ficklin purchased Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. He also admitted he met with Tucker in 1864, but I have not found a record of the exsact date. It all seems to coinside with a large amount of money being passed out at that time. Ficklin also said he cashed some drafts in the first week of April of 1865, but he did not care to say from whom they were drawn or for how much.
The person who directed the Confederate "secret service" activities and doled out the money was Judah P Benjamin-remember he was marked for kidnapping or assassination which uncovered during the Dahlgren affair.
COME RETRIBUTION was the last code word utilized by Jefferson Davis and his cabinet.
Also, it was no coincidence that Davis, before his capture in Georgia, was also on his way to Florida as part of his escape route. The reason for that destination, by now, should be obvious, and the reason why Marion county was placed under Federal martial law in the early years after the War of Northern Aggression.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The person who directed the Confederate "secret service" activities and doled out the money was Judah P Benjamin-remember he was marked for kidnapping or assassination which uncovered during the Dahlgren affair.
COME RETRIBUTION was the last code word utilized by Jefferson Davis and his cabinet.
Also, it was no coincidence that Davis, before his capture in Georgia, was also on his way to Florida as part of his escape route. The reason for that destination, by now, should be obvious, and the reason why Marion county was placed under Federal martial law in the early years after the War of Northern Aggression.

GREAT info, ECS... tell us MORE!

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Benjamin was THE person in charge of the C.S.A. funds and a portion of the K.G.C.'s coffer. However, I don't believe for a minute that he was in charge of the hidden portions of the organizations wealth. He may have had first hand info on what he and Davis knew about personally, but the inner circle was not their caliber of wealthy. Just my 2 cents as always.

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think Benjamin was THE person in charge of the C.S.A. funds and a portion of the K.G.C.'s coffer. However, I don't believe for a minute that he was in charge of the hidden portions of the organizations wealth. He may have had first hand info on what he and Davis knew about personally, but the inner circle was not their caliber of wealthy. Just my 2 cents as always.

L.C.

Worthy of more I & R... I think KGC "Funds" was added to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of 5-7 wealthy, "filthy" rich old men in NYC... YANKS! There-by the KGC 3rd degree (HQ in NYC) TRANSFORMED to O.A.K. with AC, JDR, et al; who CONTROLLED the "move" westward to the Pacific coast through "Free States". MEANWHILE, KGC "Activists" like Jesse James, and other former CSA REB Out-laws in the Southern states like Texas, New Mexico, etc battled the FEDS and O.A.K. Like I "said"... worthy of more I & R.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Benjamin was THE person in charge of the C.S.A. funds and a portion of the K.G.C.'s coffer. However, I don't believe for a minute that he was in charge of the hidden portions of the organizations wealth. He may have had first hand info on what he and Davis knew about personally, but the inner circle was not their caliber of wealthy...

L.C.

The Pickwick Club KGC meetings in New Orleans with Pike and Slidell, and CSA activities and post War activities, provides evidence that Benjamin was a major player, more so than Davis, who Benjamin sent money after the War.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Worthy of more I & R... I think KGC "Funds" was added to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of 5-7 wealthy, "filthy" rich old men in NYC... YANKS! There-by the KGC 3rd degree (HQ in NYC) TRANSFORMED to O.A.K. with AC, JDR, et al; who CONTROLLED the "move" westward to the Pacific coast through "Free States". MEANWHILE, KGC "Activists" like Jesse James, and other former CSA REB Out-laws in the Southern states like Texas, New Mexico, etc battled the FEDS and O.A.K. Like I "said"... worthy of more I & R.

I & R: Look into O.A.K. post-CONFEDERATE WAR... Mining Bonanza Kings, Railroad Barons, Merchant Princes, The Bankers, Organizers of TRUSTS, Utility Tycoons. THE GILDED AGE!
Just "google" A Classification of American Wealth; Chapters 1-11. 12 is "on-the-way". ALL of this is AKA "Age of MOGULS"...

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Pickwick Club KGC meetings in New Orleans with Pike and Slidell, and CSA activities and post War activities, provides evidence that Benjamin was a major player, more so than Davis, who Benjamin sent money after the War.

There was a reason he left the country never to return!

L.C.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I & R: Look into O.A.K. post-CONFEDERATE WAR... Mining Bonanza Kings, Railroad Barons, Merchant Princes, The Bankers, Organizers of TRUSTS, Utility Tycoons. THE GILDED AGE!
Just "google" A Classification of American Wealth; Chapters 1-11. 12 is "on-the-way". ALL of this is AKA "Age of MOGULS"...

Era of "Reconstruction" post-CONFEDERATE WAR... INTERESTING! NEW slaves...? Chinese ppl!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I & R: Look into O.A.K. post-CONFEDERATE WAR... Mining Bonanza Kings, Railroad Barons, Merchant Princes, The Bankers, Organizers of TRUSTS, Utility Tycoons. THE GILDED AGE!...
...and cattle ranchers and meat packers like the Lykes Brothers- largest land owners in the US.
Florida's cattle industry got its start from those cracker cowboys and the Florida CSA "Cow Cavalry".
Notice the names Summerlin, Lykes, Hendry, and McKay, the CSA South Florida Commissary Agent stationed at Fort Meade, who aided Judah P Benjamin in his escape from Florida.
AN240/AN240: Florida Cracker Cattle

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
...and cattle ranchers and meat packers like the Lykes Brothers- largest land owners in the US.
Florida's cattle industry got its start from those cracker cowboys and the Florida CSA "Cow Cavalry".
Notice the names Summerlin, Lykes, Hendry, and McKay, the CSA South Florida Commissary Agent stationed at Fort Meade, who aided Judah P Benjamin in his escape from Florida.
AN240/AN240: Florida Cracker Cattle

THAT is KGC...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"WE HATE YOU"-CSA Gen Henry A Wise

After Lee's surrender, US Gen Joshua L Chamberlain road up to CSA Gen Henry L Wise, former governor of Virginia and brother in law of US Gen George Meade.
Extending a hand of friendship, Chamberlain said,"This promises well for our coming good will. Brave men may become friends".
Wise replied," You are mistaken, Sir, we won't be forgiven, we hate you, and that's the whole of it. There is rancor in our hearts which you little dream of. We hate you".
That sentiment ran deep for those in the KGC, and was fueled by the Union imposed Reconstruction.
Chamberlain, with investors, bought Yulee's Margarite Plantation at Homosassa, and along with Yulee's Ocala Benjamin cousins and CSA Gen Robert Bullock, began the Ocala, Silver Springs,& Gulf Railroad.
Yulee's other cousin, CSA Sec of State, Judah P Benjamin, along with CSA Sec of War John C Breckinridge, and CSA Capt John Taylor Wood, were aided in their escape from the Union 20 years earlier by the same people Chamberlain conducted business.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The "Surrender Grounds" at Appomattox, Va. is undergoing BIG "to-do" for the next few days, with LOTS of ppl from all over the world "invading"... even Lynchburg, Va.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions