Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hello folks ,
What would you suggest as the top 5 books dealing with the KGC be ? This question is posed for the beginner that wishes to begin the quest for KGC treasures. Some of these may be out of print , but can still be found. Thank you in advance for your input.

GOOD! You want to start R & I... WHAT do you want...? HISTORY... Treasures... Treasure Signs...? MY "start" was with REBEL GOLD/SHADOW OF THE SENTINEL by Bob & Warren... Civil War-related, (area of interest).

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel , i have a 20year old who is more interested in kgc treasures than he is in playing video games which i think is awesome... he doesn't even like video games. So he has some potential. I bought him a couple books but thought why not ask the experts on this one. Thanks guys !

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
oredigger, looks like you hit the right thread as you have good info already. I will add one more book to your ''to buy'' list. let this one be your first one, '' The ones that got away '' by L. C. Baker - available at Amazon.com.
This book will show you how a trail was started, and where, plus it is history untold in public schools and news media.
I suppose you already know that REAL history has been shut out by certain people. Good luck on your studies. :coffee2:
:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello 10claw , Baker's book was the first one i bought. Thanks for the input.... have an awesome weekend !

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Be very careful with it, once you start reading you won't be able to put it down.

:icon_thumleft: :coffee2::coffee2:start reading with plenty of this.

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've never read with coffee , but i do read with glasses..... LOL . actually i drink 3 pots of coffee a day ... or more.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Man, man, man, coffee is my second nature. !00% Arabica. I wonder if it might help my AT Gold if I pour some in? I know it sure helps a day of reading.
Oredigger, see what all you can find out about Wyuka Cemetery in L. C.'s book. Veerrrryyyy interesting. I just wish I had the money to go there and spend a couple of days, but that's a long ways from L A-- Lower Alabama.

OP
OP
oredigger62

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, man, man, coffee is my second nature. !00% Arabica. I wonder if it might help my AT Gold if I pour some in? I know it sure helps a day of reading.
Oredigger, see what all you can find out about Wyuka Cemetery in L. C.'s book. Veerrrryyyy interesting. I just wish I had the money to go there and spend a couple of days, but that's a long ways from L A-- Lower Alabama.

Not sure about your AT GOLD but my infinium loves coffee. Old cemetery's are awesome , and Wyuka ( 1869 ) would indeed be alot of fun. Sure hope my books start rolling in soon , i hate waiting. seems like time wasted to me.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The books that were mention are all excellent. Have most of them in my collection. As far as cemeteries go here is one I am investigating. Scottsville Cemetery / Youree Chapel | Resources by Index Name | Harrison County Historic Sites Survey | Harrison County | Regional Resources Map for East Texas History | Center for Regional Heritage Research | SFASU. We have many old cemeteries in our area and a lot of K.G.C. activity. Each of the old cemeteries have to be gone thru almost stone by stone. Most of the local monuments have to be looked at also.

S.D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions