Americas first Stock King

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
America's first Stock King

My reading and research takes me to some strange places where I meet colorful characters. Here is one that we must take a closer look at. Leonard Jerome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Very colorful character and at the end of his career had ties to people in great influence in high finance both in America and England. Study the time frame of his son-in-law and the job he had. How long a arm did O.A.K. really have? Think it was much longer than anyone of us ever anticipated.

Then look at his grandson and just some of the jobs he held. Could have been helping the knights till the end or should I say beyond.

S.D.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... wonder if the word, "STOCKS"... came from "gambling" in STOCK-yards of the BEEF KINGS, down in TEXAS. Dunno.

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Rebel you could be right. As a side note did you know some of the U.S.Highways follow some of the early traces or should I say Indian trails. Cattle were driven up these roads. One of the first being US 59. Part of the old Natches Trace. Plenty of treasure tales on that one alone.

S.D.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well Rebel you could be right. As a side note did you know some of the U.S.Highways follow some of the early traces or should I say Indian trails. Cattle were driven up these roads. One of the first being US 59. Part of the old Natches Trace. Plenty of treasure tales on that one alone.

S.D.

GREAT info! Native Ppl followed the "Old" Buffalo Trails/Paths; MOSTLY along rivers/creeks...

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct there is one that comes thru our area. There are at least two bona fide treasure associated with it. It runs from Nacogdoches, Texas to Hugo , Oklahoma. Along the creeks and rivers. Note sure we had buffalo/bison in our area but we sure had a number of Native tribes that inhabited the area. Mostly Caddo and Comanche Native American people. The lake I live on is named after the Caddo people.

S.D.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are correct there is one that comes thru our area. There are at least two bona fide treasure associated with it. It runs from Nacogdoches, Texas to Hugo , Oklahoma. Along the creeks and rivers. Note sure we had buffalo/bison in our area but we sure had a number of Native tribes that inhabited the area. Mostly Caddo and Comanche Native American people. The lake I live on is named after the Caddo people.

S.D.

In the "Ancient of Days"... there were Buffaloes. HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
"Stock exchange is attested from 1773. In stock "in the possession of a trader" is from 1610s."
when you go to a store and ask if something is in stock you want to know if the item is in the store or possession of the trader.
The place where stocks are sold at the stock exchange is called the trading floor.

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okey Dokey railroads have rolling stock. There are stockyards, stockholders, even stock options. Mr. Jerome cut his teeth in the market not to many years after it's founding. Could there have been some inside stock deals that favored the K.G.C. not saying there was but just thinking out loud. He like to bet on the ponies. Stable talk can sure put you in a better betting position. Like inside information that can lead to big profits in the market.

S.D.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Okey Dokey railroads have rolling stock. There are stockyards, stockholders, even stock options. Mr. Jerome cut his teeth in the market not to many years after it's founding. Could there have been some inside stock deals that favored the K.G.C. not saying there was but just thinking out loud. He like to bet on the ponies. Stable talk can sure put you in a better betting position. Like inside information that can lead to big profits in the market.

S.D.
Inside information?? you mean like Pelosi and Hilarious did? Do? Shall do?:coffee2:

OP
OP
S

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw believe you hit the bullseye, rung the bell, and hit the nail on the head all in one post. That's what I am talking about. A father-in-law will help help out his son-in-law and make sure his daughter is well taken care of. How would you do if you were a stock king. Maybe a good stock tip?? Old habits die hard.

S.D.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
K.G.C. Railroad INC.

Okey Dokey railroads have rolling stock. There are stockyards, stockholders, even stock options. Mr. Jerome cut his teeth in the market not to many years after it's founding. Could there have been some inside stock deals that favored the K.G.C. not saying there was but just thinking out loud. He like to bet on the ponies. Stable talk can sure put you in a better betting position. Like inside information that can lead to big profits in the market.S.D.

OR... the location of the capitol city of a territory and the inside information on land speculations based on the suspected path of the trancontinental railroad leading to that city making the K.G.C. $$$$$$$$$$$....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread