Screenwriter researching for a new script...

Cinemateo

Oct 26, 2015
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm writing a new script that has a bit of a Goonies feel, involving the Pirate (Privateer) Jean Lafitte. I have a modern kid who inherits a treasure map, and enlists some new-found friends in his journey of discovery in and around the city of New Orleans (and the Bayou). I am particularly fond of the clever KGC strategy of obfuscation. If anyone can point me to a pdf of symbols or fun ways to keep the search interesting / dangerous, I would greatly appreciate the help. The story focuses on the journey as a way for the kids to become family, but in order to do so, they must use ingenuity, endure hardship, and survive close calls. Think PG-13 with a leaning to the G audience. A fun, summer film for the kids and parents alike.

Looking for inspiration: Images, links, pdf's, personal stories, anecdotes, etc...

Thank you in advance for welcoming me into your very exciting world!!

-Matt Davis

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'm writing a new script that has a bit of a Goonies feel, involving the Pirate (Privateer) WellJean Lafitte. I have a modern kid who inherits a treasure map, and enlists some new-found friends in his journey of discovery in and around the city of New Orleans (and the Bayou). I am particularly fond of the clever KGC strategy of obfuscation. If anyone can point me to a pdf of symbols or fun ways to keep the search interesting / dangerous, I would greatly appreciate the help. The story focuses on the journey as a way for the kids to become family, but in order to do so, they must use ingenuity, endure hardship, and survive close calls. Think PG-13 with a leaning to the G audience. A fun, summer film for the kids and parents alike.

Looking for inspiration: Images, links, pdf's, personal stories, anecdotes, etc...

Thank you in advance for welcoming me into your very exciting world!!

-Matt Davis
Well.since Jean was FRENCH & Sephardi Jew...gotta look at THAT, too for SECRET SIGNS, etc.!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cinemateo

Oct 26, 2015
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.since Jean was FRENCH & Sephardi Jew...gotta look at THAT, too for SECRET SIGNS, etc.!

Can you point me in the right direction for Secret Signs? I'm a complete noob to your world. (ask me anything about filmmaking and I'm a complete pro, but Treasure Hunting?!... My treasure is a great story!) Note: Jean also spoke Spanish and English, and would refer to himself as either Juan, John, and Jean as the situation dictated... He was aristocratic and romantic, and was in love with Louisiana's first Governor's wife, Clarissa. I'm sure that I can use some of his backstory as inspiration for his secret code...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Can you point me in the right direction for Secret Signs? I'm a complete noob to your world. (ask me anything about filmmaking and I'm a complete pro, but Treasure Hunting?!... My treasure is a great story!) Note: Jean also spoke Spanish and English, and would refer to himself as either Juan, John, and Jean as the situation dictated... He was aristocratic and romantic, and was in love with Louisiana's first Governor's wife, Clarissa. I'm sure that I can use some of his backstory as inspiration for his secret code...
Jean OR Pierre MAY be "connected" to the Beale Treasure of Bedford County/Lynchburg, Va.
Just "google" Jean Lafitte's SECRET Ciphers/Codes as Pirate/Privateer... HH! Good Luck! BTW, for BEALE TREASURE; "TJB" MAY be Thomas "JEAN" Beale... :coffee2: Coffee...? :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Write what you know and imagine the rest. My sister was a successful Hollywood producer and has retired to the boonies. Works for many out there...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your adventure it looks like the members gave you a good starting point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread