THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD PEOPLE WATCHING OVER IT.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I think about it and the more we talk about it. Seems as if all markers are pointing in the direction of TR the old rough rider. Maybe it's time to take a closer look at the assassin. Remember TR was not the Republicans first choice for V.P. he could have been O.A.K. first and only one. Faults Flags can occur at any time and a hopped up out of work assassin can be talked into doing anything if he is told that he is a victim and he is the only hope to correct the wrongs of a cruel and unjust president. Then O.A.K. gets what the want the rich get richer. The party just keeps rolling along. Forget than less than 14 years the world will be at war . Let the good times roll. Oil, Salt, chemicals, gold all those things needed to support a war to make more money.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The more I think about it and the more we talk about it. Seems as if all markers are pointing in the direction of TR the old rough rider. Maybe it's time to take a closer look at the assassin. Remember TR was not the Republicans first choice for V.P. he could have been O.A.K. first and only one. Faults Flags can occur at any time and a hopped up out of work assassin can be talked into doing anything if he is told that he is a victim and he is the only hope to correct the wrongs of a cruel and unjust president. Then O.A.K. gets what the want the rich get richer. The party just keeps rolling along. Forget than less than 14 years the world will be at war . Let the good times roll. Oil, Salt, chemicals, gold all those things needed to support a war to make more money.

Senior Deacon
GREAT thoughts, SD! WORTHY of more "pondering & mulling things over" (with LOTS of JAVA, heh...); TR is "KEY" & it started with the Spanish & American War (IMHO).

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel this only shows great minds think alike. Lols. We may have had the robber barons. The oil barons were even bigger and they were mostly the old southern families that had the land and were smart enough to keep the rights. Most were making money from both ends. Oil and services. Remember these were also the same families that had the turpentine camps and lumber tracks from 20 years before at least in deep east Texas.the people in south Texas were ranchers as we're a lot of the families in Oklahoma.

One of my acquaintances in Blackwell, Oklahoma told me the only thing that they had on their ranch until 1922 was rocks and cattle after that when they found oil they could have financed any of God's projects. One has to stop and think.

I think we need to study some of the names that L.C. has found in the old oil journals. I have started and it is a eye opener for sure. At least in Caddo Parish Louisiana and Harrison county Texas.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well "said", Bro... gotta look at those BIG old Cattle Ranches, too! (Singing badly...) "Keep dem doggies rolling, RAWHIDE!"...

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel sure your voice sounds better than mine. Mine is like gravel rattling in a tin can.Lols,. By that time in history most of the big cattle operations were in the Midwest. Closer to the big slaughterhouses in Chicago, Omaha, Kansas City, and Sioux City. They had to cut cost as much as possible and transportation was one they could. I can speak of Iowa as I am most knowledgeable. There were three main centers of meat packing. Sioux City and Waterloo had beef packing. Sioux City and Ottawa pork production. These were chosen because of the railroads. I know very little of Texas but know that Ft. Worth was a big center mainly because of the Railroad.

Grass feed cattle are cheaper to raise but corn feed cattle they say are tastier. Been so long since I had any I can't remember. Living in deep east Texas I am not so sure they aren't acorn feed. Fact of the matter is most that owned the land ran cattle and also owned the mineral rights. The oil men that own and collected the oil to be refined are some to be looked and and I have started. The big ranchers out in west Texas have to be looked at. The economics in deep east Texas have changed from timber to cotton to oil and now back to timber. Now however the big companies (international paper, Weyerhaeuser, Louisiana paper) have the timber industry. In the 1850's thru 1900 it was 100 to 300 acre tracks. Now Weyerhaeuser has over 5,000 acres in just one track 7 miles south of me. That's five square miles it is harvested every eight to ten years.

Senior Deacon

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well "said", Bro... gotta look at those BIG old Cattle Ranches, too! (Singing badly...) "Keep dem doggies rolling, RAWHIDE!"...
The Lykes family comes to mind that married into a Florida CSA Cow Calvary family and built it from there in Florida and Texas.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I was reading the hometown screwdriver (local newspaper) I caught a glimpse of the human interest page. Heck I thought the whole paper was of human interest I have never seen my dogs read the paper. Anyway there was a story on them locating a old and forgotten cemetery on the Harrison/Gregg county line. This cemetery dated back to just after the War in the 1870's. It was a black cemetery the interesting fact is that it contains the graves of many prominent black Free Masons Prince Hall Affiliate.

Having to sit and think I think that even in those days there may have been interaction between white and colored brothers. Most likely kept very quiet same goals same quest. At a time of great upheaval both sides would have had a common enemy the carpet baggers. What better to know that you could trust someone even if they be a different color. What does this have to do with KGC. Follow my logic KGC needed a fellow to help him dig a hole strong back and needed someone to keep your secret. There were KGC that were masons so if you had a good strong colored brother that would help you and keep your secret. Why not, secret kept, hole dug, job done no one was the wiser. Colored people if they like you are very loyal and strong friendships develop. They could even be stronger if you were both of the same fraternity even though separated by color.

I have a feeling that there was quite a bit of this that went on. Today most of the Prince Hall Masonic lodges were located along the eastern border of Texas. Dallas being as far west except a lodge in Wichita Falls and Odessa. Makes for a lot of wonder and speculation.

Time for a pipe and a big cup of coffee.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. thanks for the laughs. Jerry Closer is or was a true southern story teller. Some tall tales some pretty much true. My favorite character of his was Marcel Ledbetter. He is like a fellar I know here his name is Sylvester Dotey we all call him Chilly. He is a trip and get himself in more trouble then any 10 men could.

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread