THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD PEOPLE WATCHING OVER IT.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The dead people that we have found so far that are watching over it range in stature from very famous politicians and judges to a common blue collar worker that was accidentally crushed and killed between two train cars in South Dakota. They are both male and female and there is such a wide range of difference between those that were chosen to be used as markers on this K.G.C. / O.A.K. treasure trail, that a common thread is almost impossible to identify. Their Names matter on some stones and on others only the symbols mean something important. I watched a program with Bob Brewer in it and he was in Green Hill cemetery looking for treasure symbols and signs. He came to the point where he pointed out a ghost symbol and then he explained that a grave was involved in that trail. After that he located the monument of R.S. Jones that had a misspelled word of a local lake that was close by. On the show it was showing them walk around looking for a grave with a sign and as they walked by a rather large petrified oak monument in the background, I nearly crapped my pants:laughing7:. I will never have the time to check it out myself, but if anyone is close by Danville Virginia and would care to drop by Green Hill Cemetery and take a good look at it and take some pictures close up that may show some symbolism I would love to see them. This is a nice video with some commentary on the cemetery at Danville. About halfway through it you will see an oak monument although I can not be sure if it is the one that I saw in the background of the program with Bob Brewer, there may be more than one there, and there may be no connection at all.......but I would look at it pretty hard if I ever got the chance to.

L.C. Baker

https://youtu.be/kYKiREgcKwY

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The dead people that we have found so far that are watching over it range in stature from very famous politicians and judges to a common blue collar worker that was accidentally crushed and killed between two train cars in South Dakota. They are both male and female and there is such a wide range of difference between those that were chosen to be used as markers on this K.G.C. / O.A.K. treasure trail, that a common thread is almost impossible to identify. Their Names matter on some stones and on others only the symbols mean something important. I watched a program with Bob Brewer in it and he was in Green Hill cemetery looking for treasure symbols and signs. He came to the point where he pointed out a ghost symbol and then he explained that a grave was involved in that trail. After that he located the monument of R.S. Jones that had a misspelled word of a local lake that was close by. On the show it was showing them walk around looking for a grave with a sign and as they walked by a rather large petrified oak monument in the background, I nearly crapped my pants:laughing7:. I will never have the time to check it out myself, but if anyone is close by Danville Virginia and would care to drop by Green Hill Cemetery and take a good look at it and take some pictures close up that may show some symbolism I would love to see them. This is a nice video with some commentary on the cemetery at Danville. About halfway through it you will see an oak monument although I can not be sure if it is the one that I saw in the background of the program with Bob Brewer, there may be more than one there, and there may be no connection at all.......but I would look at it pretty hard if I ever got the chance to.

L.C. Baker

https://youtu.be/kYKiREgcKwY
The ONLY Researcher that lives near there & has done a LOT of R & I in that cemetery is "franklin", who have VOWED not to "post" on TN, again... Good Luck in trying to "reach him".

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
When I read this the first time I had to chuckle. Can anyone else hunting for a K.G.C. or O.A.K. cache attest to the truth of this statement? For what it's worth I think it adds some credibility to whoever it was that wrote it, because they sure knew what they were talking about!

L.C.

I started checking out cemeteries after reading Steve Clark's book New Mexico Confidential. He gives some real good tips about what to look for at those locations. From what I've seen, the cemeteries were used to show directions to go and places of interest. I have found a gravestone with an alias on it instead of the guy's real name. Dates of the same year have lined up to give a direction that will take you to places of interest. The proper date can be obtained from a coded manuscript or even a "treasure legend". There are a couple of places that might have clues like what you have found but I don't dig in cemeteries, the thought of it creeps me out.

It's my theory that the best way to hide a big cache would be to bury it and then divert a couple of streams and build a pond over the cache.

Some people think the groups who buried big caches are still around and keeping an eye on the stuff. That means that if you attempt to dig such a cache you will be stealing and subject to some type of action by the owners. Also, with the high tech stuff you can buy today, a site can be easily watched and intelligence gathered. I'm not saying you might get shot but if a couple of lawyers and a police officer show up at your door someday, you might wish you were dead. That is, if you believe in that sort of thing.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I started checking out cemeteries after reading Steve Clark's book New Mexico Confidential. He gives some real good tips about what to look for at those locations. From what I've seen, the cemeteries were used to show directions to go and places of interest. I have found a gravestone with an alias on it instead of the guy's real name. Dates of the same year have lined up to give a direction that will take you to places of interest. The proper date can be obtained from a coded manuscript or even a "treasure legend". There are a couple of places that might have clues like what you have found but I don't dig in cemeteries, the thought of it creeps me out.

It's my theory that the best way to hide a big cache would be to bury it and then divert a couple of streams and build a pond over the cache.

Some people think the groups who buried big caches are still around and keeping an eye on the stuff. That means that if you attempt to dig such a cache you will be stealing and subject to some type of action by the owners. Also, with the high tech stuff you can buy today, a site can be easily watched and intelligence gathered. I'm not saying you might get shot but if a couple of lawyers and a police officer show up at your door someday, you might wish you were dead. That is, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Steve and I have spoke on several occasions and we traded copies of our books. His book was a very good read with a lot of detail on the area he spent time in. There was a lot of similarity in what we have found, but it was still a bit different too. As far as being watched....we are ALL canidates for the task, but very few will succeed in making the grade. I am not afraid, anyone who knows me, knows that I intend to use what they left for exactly the purpose they intended it to be used for.:thumbsup:

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The ONLY Researcher that lives near there & has done a LOT of R & I in that cemetery is "franklin", who have VOWED not to "post" on TN, again... Good Luck in trying to "reach him".

Franklin, if you read this please PM me. Thanks for the heads up Rebel, It would be great to have someone take a look up close for symbolism and signs.

L.C.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, if you read this please PM me. Thanks for the heads up Rebel, It would be great to have someone take a look up close for symbolism and signs.

L.C.

P.S. Nothing against Mr. Brewer, he is the best no doubt, I just have different information from our own expieriance with O.A.K. monuments dating up to 1902. I also know that Rowe partnered with F.O. Cross and purchased monuments at Danville before partnering up with him. If that oak is an F.O. Cross petrified oak, then there is a damn good chance it was placed by the O.A.K. who have been proven to use existing K.G.C. layouts and add to them long after the civil war, at least up to 1902 and probably after that.

"JOHN A. ROWE. Bedford stone is known the world over, and the men who
pioneered in the stone business in Lawrence County are largely responsible for the
extensive use of this building stone, probably the best of its kind in the world.
One of these men, John A. Rowe, has practically retired from his former
activities, but he has not lost interest in the stone business, nor in the
improvement of Bedford. He was born at Morristown, Tennessee, August 19, 1858, a son
of George A and Susan (Graham) Rowe, the former of whom was born in the same
city as his son, and was in several lines of industry before he became
interested, with his son, in the stone business. His father and mother, grandparents of
John A. Rowe, Abraham and Margaret (Patton) Rowe, were natives of Tennessee.
The Graham family, of which John A. Rowe is a member through his mother, came
from Tazewell County, near Cumberland Gap, Tennessee. Hugh Graham, an uncle of
Mrs. Susan (Graham) Rowe, was an author, having written several books, and
was a well-known figure in East Tennessee, as were all of this family, one of
the old settled ones of the state. John A. Rowe attended the Morristown High
School, and when he had completed his school days he began his business career
selling small articles to the passengers on the railroad trains. At the same
time he was engaged in shipping poultry, and he worked hard to amass a little
capital so that he could establish himself in something worthwhile. Stone
interested him, in it he saw a future, and with unusual foresight in one so young he
bought the marble yard at Morristown, Tennessee, and learned the trade of
marble cutting in order to know the business in a practical manner. Until 1890 he
worked at the trade, both at Lynchburg and Wytheville, Virginia, and then, for
a time he was at Danville, Virginia, where he completed his sculpture in
marble work, having sold his business places in Virginia. Becoming interested in
the stone business from another angle, he was in touch with the Bedford
Quarries, for he was an extensive buyer by that time, and he decided to move to
Bedford. Upon his arrival in this city he went into partnership with F. 0. Cross,
and they established the Cross & Rowe Rustic Monument Company"

Mr. Rowe is also buried in Green Hill
RootsWeb: INDIANA-L [INDIANA] Rowe, Graham, Patton, Dickinson, Thornton, Morgan, Dodd. Hanner, Saladee, Bowden

L.C. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

L.C.
He MAY go with a PM; just don't make him to go "public" by "Posting"; I know him... he is GREAT at what he does. HH! Good Luck!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
One "theory" on building Quarries, is that FIRST (as in Bedford County, Va.)... they were looking for BURIED TREASURE... like the BEALE TREASURE! HA!

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
One "theory" on building Quarries, is that FIRST (as in Bedford County, Va.)... they were looking for BURIED TREASURE... like the BEALE TREASURE! HA!

I've read about something like this in my area. About 60 miles south of me, settlers back in the early 19th century found an iron cross fastened to a rock bluff. The cross was in the shape of a T. Nobody knew who put it there so the treasure stories started to fly. The people of the town tore the whole bluff down looking for the treasure. I don't know if any treasure was found but they used all the rock they knocked down for building material.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I think the number 74 is important when you are researching cemeteries, especially when looking for a Masonic influence. I found a carved rectangle at a cache site that measured 19" by 18" for a total of 74". Long story short, other carvings and research led to a cemetery and a family plot that measured 19' by 18' for a total of 74'. I found this connection at a few other cemeteries. On the old maps, some cemeteries are marked cem with a cross by it. Sometime, the cross is above or below or in front of the cem. I've found the 74' connection when the cross follows the cem. This could be coincidence, if you look at the word cross and substitute numbers for letters you get c r o s s = 3+18+15+19+19=74. Also if you add the 3 and 15, you have two 18s and two 19s. Just something different.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
He MAY go with a PM; just don't make him to go "public" by "Posting"; I know him... he is GREAT at what he does. HH! Good Luck!
Franklin has shared some vey good information with me concerning the location of Davis's part of he CSA treasury buried at Yulee's Cottonwood Plantation in Archer, Florida.
Franklin is a good dude.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the number 74 is important when you are researching cemeteries, especially when looking for a Masonic influence. I found a carved rectangle at a cache site that measured 19" by 18" for a total of 74". Long story short, other carvings and research led to a cemetery and a family plot that measured 19' by 18' for a total of 74'. I found this connection at a few other cemeteries. On the old maps, some cemeteries are marked cem with a cross by it. Sometime, the cross is above or below or in front of the cem. I've found the 74' connection when the cross follows the cem. This could be coincidence, if you look at the word cross and substitute numbers for letters you get c r o s s = 3+18+15+19+19=74. Also if you add the 3 and 15, you have two 18s and two 19s. Just something different.

That is all very interesting analogy mdog and it is the kind of thinking that will solve the problem on the test put before us all. We also have the number 74 involved in the trail we are on. It is used on one of the pieces, this is an inverted digital image from my workbook that is actually a 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch tall and carved (and stamped) into a lead piece that was recovered from one of the cemeteries involved in this trail in the 1970's. I don't think it is a coincidence that in reality they were broke down by code into the use of two separate two digit numbers 18 and 74. Keep up the good work and please keep us informed of any future thoughts you may have. I for one am very interested.

L.C.
1874.jpg

P.S. Do you see what this O.A.K. bird is sitting on?:thumbsup:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/k...ghts-jesse-james-bird-symbol.html#post3898388

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Here's something else I forgot about when I made the above post. The cemetery that the carvings led me to had a name that, when numbers were substituted for letters in the name, the numbers added up to 74. The first two numbers of the name added up to 18 and the last two added up to 19. The numbers between the first two and the last two added up to 37 which is the total of 18+19. I not going to give the name because it could be easily found and I don't want L.C. getting caught digging in the cemetery some night. Hahaha! Even though I have seen the 74' plots in all the cemeteries marked with a cross after the cem, only the cemetery that the carvings led me to had the 18' by 19' plot. There was a very large obelisk in the middle of this plot that had important clues on it, a name and date. After reading Steve Clark's book, New Mexico Confidential, things really started falling into place. This cemetery was also at the north point of a large right triangle that covered a couple dozen miles. The right angle point is where the carvings are and the south point, exactly south of the cemetery, is a small heart shaped pond. Steve's book covers this type of thing too, large geometry and altered landscapes. I've found that there is something of importance at the right angle. The near equilateral triangle also has some importance. Two sides will be almost exact and the third side will be a little bigger or smaller than the other two, that one is the base. Look for something of importance at the lower left angle and it doesn't have to be right at the angle, but close. Information is probably all there is to be found, like the stuff L.C. is finding. It's just my opinion that Masons might have set this stuff up and not to hide big caches. I think there were just a bunch of tech geeks who were looking for something fun to do until Al Gore invented the internet. I would encourage anybody interested in this type of historical research to buy Steve's book.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The Spanish symbols on this trail are plentiful also mdog, but they were not carved by Spaniards.

L.C.

How do you know they weren't carved by the Spaniards? I've been trying to figure that one out for years. Are you talking about carvings cut into rock or trees? The tree carvings would be easy to date but It's harder to date a carving on stone, if you can do it at all. I have noticed a difference in depth of the carvings. The cache related carvings are deep and the lines are wide on the surface and are cut like a V. These are late 19th century. I've found a couple French and Spanish words but how do you date them? I've found Elder Futhark runes and Celt-Iberian carvings but, without an archeological dig, they are just carvings that could have been created last week. You did have Spanish activity in your area so I'm just curious as to what kind of symbols you have and how you determined that they were not Spanish. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you know they weren't carved by the Spaniards?

There are several ways to decipher the codes left for us here. It could be code for a number if it is a letter or it could be a letter if it's a number, It could mean exactly what it is, It could mean what it looks like, or it could mean what the Spanish used that symbol for. We also have a Spanish Tobias cross used that has a number at it's base tied to it. Some Spanish symbols are also carved into the lead pieces which are not old enough to be Spanish. The K.G.C. and O.A.K. here were well schooled in the use of the Spanish treasure symbols and some combine Indian symbols, as well as the symbols of the secret societies they belonged to. It is all so mystifying to see and think about. There was a Spanish expedition though. "The Villasur expedition of 1720 was a Spanish military expedition intended to check the growing French influence on the Great Plains of central North America. Led by Lieutenant-General Pedro de Villasur, the expedition was attacked in present-day Nebraska by a Pawnee and Otoe force. Forty-six of the Spaniards and their Indian allies were killed. The survivors retreated to their base in New Mexico."

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. the Norse, and some even say the Knights Templar were roaming around north America long before Columbus. The French settlements of Natchitoches in Louisiana started in 1714. The Spanish settlement of Nacogdoches in Texas was founded two years later. So some signs might well be French not Spanish.

Now for another cup of coffee and my full tobacco pouch. The number 74.

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions