Things For Further Research

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I get that .I've drawn one about 1800 miles long on GE ,ended up at the serpent mound in Ohio on it .figured they were ley lines and probably way above my pay grade.lmao
Oh there is something to this IMO , but im thinking it is far larger than some KGC cache .
Steve has said many times he believed that much of this treasure stuff is modern and that could be in some cases ,but things I have seen make me tend to believe that some of these more Masonic types were chasing something else. But hey its just an opinion.

In my opinion your opinion is right, and I believe that the organization was the O.A.K. until 1912 and then became something different after that time. The connection between the sites could be from their roots in other secret societies that birthed them, and the knowledge and control they inherited from their forefathers. Just my two cents.

L.C.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hey, Reb. Here's something anyone can verify on Google Earth. Extend a straight line (great circle arc) from the south face of the Poplar Forest octagon westerly. See where it goes? Just a coincidence, I guess. Extend lines from other sides of the building NE, SE, and SE and see where they go. The Williamburg octagonal powder magazine NE and NW extensions are interesting too.

View attachment 1259286
Poplar Forest

View attachment 1259287
Poplar Forest westerly extension

This seems to be a good place to start lines. I believe you mentioned, in a post on another thread, the connection between Poplar Forest's octagon and the Kensington Runestone. That line has some interesting place names associated with it. One of them is Wildcat Mountain in Wisconsin where there is a treasure legend. It's a couple miles off the line. Here's a link.

Wildcat Mountain?s secret : Vernonbroadcaster

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Oh I get that .I've drawn one about 1800 miles long on GE ,ended up at the serpent mound in Ohio on it .figured they were ley lines and probably way above my pay grade.lmao
Oh there is something to this IMO , but im thinking it is far larger than some KGC cache .
Steve has said many times he believed that much of this treasure stuff is modern and that could be in some cases ,but things I have seen make me tend to believe that some of these more Masonic types were chasing something else. But hey its just an opinion.

I think if the Masons were looking for something big they would have left a bread crumb trail of landmark place names along the search trail. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
In post 62 I brought up the treasure legend associated with Wildcat Mountain in Wisconsin. Here's the link again.

In New Mexico Confidential, Steve writes about his friend Jim Weaver. This chapter alone was worth the price of the book to me. In it, Steve tells us about the information his friend passed on to him about KGC, secret Organization, tactics. One of the subjects mentioned was coded messages. As an example Jim used a posting by Bob Brewer about the Lost Adams treasure legend to illustrate his point. The Wildcat Mountain legend might also be an example of some type of coded message included in a legend. Steve quotes his friend, " Surnames and place names were typically attention-getting words. Confederate military names were commonly used. Lone Pine seems to have been a favorite place name for towns, cemeteries, mining claims and so on. If you see Lone Pine on a map, go there-you will likely be near an Organization cache. The same goes for obscure literary, mythological and Biblical references, especially if they relate to gold or treasure."

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This seems to be a good place to start lines. I believe you mentioned, in a post on another thread, the connection between Poplar Forest's octagon and the Kensington Runestone. That line has some interesting place names associated with it. One of them is Wildcat Mountain in Wisconsin where there is a treasure legend. It's a couple miles off the line. Here's a link.

The more you look at these lines, the more you find. That KRS seems to either be tied to, or pass through, lots of good stuff. It's like some sort of anchor.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In post 62 I brought up the treasure legend associated with Wildcat Mountain in Wisconsin. Here's the link again.

In New Mexico Confidential, Steve writes about his friend Jim Weaver. This chapter alone was worth the price of the book to me. In it, Steve tells us about the information his friend passed on to him about KGC, secret Organization, tactics. One of the subjects mentioned was coded messages. As an example Jim used a posting by Bob Brewer about the Lost Adams treasure legend to illustrate his point. The Wildcat Mountain legend might also be an example of some type of coded message included in a legend. Steve quotes his friend, " Surnames and place names were typically attention-getting words. Confederate military names were commonly used. Lone Pine seems to have been a favorite place name for towns, cemeteries, mining claims and so on. If you see Lone Pine on a map, go there-you will likely be near an Organization cache. The same goes for obscure literary, mythological and Biblical references, especially if they relate to gold or treasure."

The more time you're willing to invest in this place name/character name phenomenon, the more results you will turn up that link the name to a treasure legend. It can't all be coincidence - as you already know, mdog.

Here's another interesting twist on the "Adams" code word. Jacob Waltz, of course, is the man known as "The Dutchman" of Lost Dutchman Mine fame. The Lost Dutchman story was released in the late 19th century, alleging a fabulous gold mine was discovered and hidden by Waltz in the Superstition Mountains east Of Phoenix, AZ. Men have searched and died in those mountains for more than a hundred years, and the elusive "lost mine" remains "lost". Some say Waltz was a good prospector who simply gave poor directions to the mine on his deathbed - the reason nobody has found the spot. Some say Waltz was an Organization man, and that his mine story was fabricated in order to draw attention away from his true secret - whatever it may have been - elsewhere in central Arizona.

We don't know the answer to this puzzle, but consider this. Waltz spent his first years as an emigrant to America (late 1840s) in Natchez, MS. Natchez at this time was a major center of KGC activities, and also the county seat of Adams County, MS. Before finally settling in Phoenix in the 1860s, Waltz lived in El Monte, CA (also a Southern hotbed with much alleged KGC activity), and Adamsville, AZ, south of the Superstition Mountains (and the site of the recovery of some bizarre buried clues by a well-known treasure hunter). Probably just odd coincidences.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The more you look at these lines, the more you find. That KRS seems to either be tied to, or pass through, lots of good stuff. It's like some sort of anchor.

Yes, some sort of anchor. Or maybe even an eye. It is dead center between the northern boundaries of the U.S. That sounds like something the Masons could get into. Maybe that's why the ten Masons wanted to buy the discovery site back in the early 1900's. That would be a real good place for an obelisk. :dontknow:

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The more time you're willing to invest in this place name/character name phenomenon, the more results you will turn up that link the name to a treasure legend. It can't all be coincidence - as you already know, mdog.

Here's another interesting twist on the "Adams" code word. Jacob Waltz, of course, is the man known as "The Dutchman" of Lost Dutchman Mine fame. The Lost Dutchman story was released in the late 19th century, alleging a fabulous gold mine was discovered and hidden by Waltz in the Superstition Mountains east Of Phoenix, AZ. Men have searched and died in those mountains for more than a hundred years, and the elusive "lost mine" remains "lost". Some say Waltz was a good prospector who simply gave poor directions to the mine on his deathbed - the reason nobody has found the spot. Some say Waltz was an Organization man, and that his mine story was fabricated in order to draw attention away from his true secret - whatever it may have been - elsewhere in central Arizona.

We don't know the answer to this puzzle, but consider this. Waltz spent his first years as an emigrant to America (late 1840s) in Natchez, MS. Natchez at this time was a major center of KGC activities, and also the county seat of Adams County, MS. Before finally settling in Phoenix in the 1860s, Waltz lived in El Monte, CA (also a Southern hotbed with much alleged KGC activity), and Adamsville, AZ, south of the Superstition Mountains (and the site of the recovery of some bizarre buried clues by a well-known treasure hunter). Probably just odd coincidences.

That's a real good story and some interesting observations. An often used diversionary tactic used for countless generations. If you don't want somebody hanging around and they haven't found anything of interest yet, send them somewhere far away.

What I know about the Dutchman legend I've learned from researchers like yourself. I did run across an interesting person that I would like to learn more about. I was trying to find the origin of the name Weaver's Needle and I learned about Pauline Weaver. He sounds like an interesting guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_Weaver

There was also a town named after him, Weaverville that was located in a gold producing area in Arizona. Evidently, the town was seized by an outlaw, Francisco Vega and his gang. Interesting stuff.

The Legend of Francisco Vega | See the Southwest

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion your opinion is right, and I believe that the organization was the O.A.K. until 1912 and then became something different after that time. The connection between the sites could be from their roots in other secret societies that birthed them, and the knowledge and control they inherited from their forefathers. Just my two cents.

L.C.

I know them masons had knowledge of things not so well understood by the uninitiated.
Secrets passed down in the order perhaps. Do you think it possible someone with knowledge may have went looking for them selves?

Thnigs like these reports really make me wonder . are they just a code ,or does this kind of thing really exist?

Trace Of Giants Found In Desert in1947....

San Diego Union August 5, 1947

LOS ANGELES, Aug., 4 (AP)- A retired Ohio doctor has discovered relics of an ancient civilization, whose men were 8 or 9 feet tall, in the Colorado desert near the Arizona-Nevada-California line, an associate said today.

Howard E. Hill, of Los Angeles, speaking before the Transportation Club, disclosed that several well preserved mummies were taken yesterday from caverns in an area roughly 180 miles square, extending through much of southern Nevada from Death Valley, Calif., across the Colorado River into Arizona.

Hill said the discoverer is Dr. F. Bruce Russell, retired Cincincatti physician, who stumbled on the first of several tunnels in 1931, soon after coming West and deciding to try mining for his health.

MUMMIES FOUND

Not until this year, however, did Dr. Russell go into the situation thoroughly, Hill told the luncheon. With Dr. Daniel S. Bovee, of Los Angeles - who with his father helped open up New Mexico's cliff dwellings - Dr. Russell has found mummified remains, together with implements of the civilization, which Dr. Bovee had tentatively placed at about 80,000 years old.

" These giants are clothed in garments consisting of a medium length jacket and trouser extending slightly below the knees ," Hill said. "The texture of the material is said to resemble gray dyed sheepskin, but obviously it was taken from an animal unknown today."

MARKINGS DISCOVERED

Hill said that in another cavern was found the ritual hall of the ancient people, together with devices and markings similar to those now used by the Masonic order. In a long tunnel were well preserved remains of animals, including elephants and tigers. So far, Hill added, no women have been found.

He said the explorers believe that what they found was the burial place of the tribes hierarchy. Hieroglyphics, he added, bear a resemblance to what is known of those from the lost continent of Atlantis. They are chiseled, he added, on carefully polished granite.

He said Dr. Viloa V. Pettit, of London, who made excavations around Petra, on the Arabian desert, soon will begin an inspection of the remains.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I know them masons had knowledge of things not so well understood by the uninitiated.
Secrets passed down in the order perhaps. Do you think it possible someone with knowledge may have went looking for them selves?

Thnigs like these reports really make me wonder . are they just a code ,or does this kind of thing really exist?
Any up-dates, "pics"...?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

I've been hoping that one of our Mason posters would offer some information about the lines, if they even know anything. I have read a couple of sentences in my research that says the Masons would create false treasure sites and then get a good laugh when their neighbors started looking all over the place.

On the giants, it seems that a lot of those tall skeletons were found back in the 1800's when farmers were looting mounds. There was one dug up in my county in Iowa back at the end of the 19th century. If I remember right, it was over seven feet tall and facing east in a sitting position. Some scholar said it was the skeleton of a bear. It seems to have disappeared, as many of those tall remains did.

On the other hand, Coronado found Native Americans living at the northern limits of his expedition on the Great Plains that were just under 7 feet tall.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Could any Masonic members give me an explanation of the letters A F and if there would be a Templar association? Thanks.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have morals and dogma by Albert Pike?
It's probably in there, that book trips me out lol

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Could any Masonic members give me an explanation of the letters A F and if there would be a Templar association? Thanks.

Here's why I was wondering.

AF.jpg

The box is a couple inches deep and the AF is carved in the back. We've been told in the past that AF was a Spanish sign meaning go to but I wonder if it could have some importance to a Mason.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Do you have morals and dogma by Albert Pike?
It's probably in there, that book trips me out lol

Thanks, Kanabite. I started reading it once. It seems to be important to the Masons.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's why I was wondering.

View attachment 1261133

The box is a couple inches deep and the AF is carved in the back. We've been told in the past that AF was a Spanish sign meaning go to but I wonder if it could have some importance to a Mason.

Google ramond lulluis
I heard you ask in another thread about the letter K,
K is for glory at least according to the likes of Franciscan Alchemy. If ever there was such a thing.lol
Llull2.jpg

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AF in Masonic terms is for Ancient Free. This rock structure looks like it also has a E and a I towards the top that looks older than the AF. Could it be more of a graffiti maker than a treasure marker????.

Back years ago when I was young and hector last had pups. We climbed to the top of a limestone bluff and carved our initials in the limestone. We did it big enough that you could see them from the river below. I sure would hate to think some treasure hunter was wasting valuable time trying to decipher my initials as a treasure sign.

Don't always think that the masons are trying to trip everyone up. If there was any big money. One I would have heard of it and two we the masons would have recovered it many years ago. One of the reasons I believe there are a lot of dry holes in the KGC treasure legends. Not all men are honest, not all KGC sentinels were good and true. Maybe they needed the money to bail themselves or their family thru the panics and depression of the late 1890's or early 1900's. I remember my grandfather telling me the story of how he and my grandmother got married bought a farm and lost it in the panic of 1919. It effected their lives and financial standing until the day they died.

Senior Deacon

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AF in Masonic terms is for Ancient Free. This rock structure looks like it also has a E and a I towards the top that looks older than the AF. Could it be more of a graffiti maker than a treasure marker????.

Back years ago when I was young and hector last had pups. We climbed to the top of a limestone bluff and carved our initials in the limestone. We did it big enough that you could see them from the river below. I sure would hate to think some treasure hunter was wasting valuable time trying to decipher my initials as a treasure sign.

Don't always think that the masons are trying to trip everyone up. If there was any big money. One I would have heard of it and two we the masons would have recovered it many years ago. One of the reasons I believe there are a lot of dry holes in the KGC treasure legends. Not all men are honest, not all KGC sentinels were good and true. Maybe they needed the money to bail themselves or their family thru the panics and depression of the late 1890's or early 1900's. I remember my grandfather telling me the story of how he and my grandmother got married bought a farm and lost it in the panic of 1919. It effected their lives and financial standing until the day they died.

Senior Deacon
Oh I don't think the masons are necessarily trying to trip anyone up , I am of the opinion that if you were a treasure hunter before the internet you would have had a great advantage if you belonged to a masonic lodge just because of the valuable information available to them.

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we follow your line of thinking then AF would be the either the center of wisdom, center of science, or center of navigation. Take your pick as to who's interpretation you wish to choose. The problem with a lot of the old Latin words they could be interpreted several different ways.

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread